Author Topic: 1991 NPC Jr. Nationals  (Read 1603 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
1991 NPC Jr. Nationals
« on: March 07, 2023, 06:27:18 AM »
Look at the seperation,muscle density,and definition of these future greats.....IMO,they look far better than last weekends Arnold Classic guys by fucking light years.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: 1991 NPC Jr. Nationals
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 06:41:49 AM »
LOok at the seperation,muscle density,and definition of these future greats.....IMO,they look far better than last weekends Arnold Classic guys by fucking light years.

Lol listen to affeman at 5:24 in audience can't contain himself over Levrone.

They do look so much better though.
Y

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 07:17:43 AM »
Lol listen to affeman at 5:24 in audience can't contain himself over Levrone.

They do look so much better though.

Lmao! That crowd sounded wild ala the schmoe standing and clapping for Mike Katz in Pumping Iron

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 09:18:02 AM »
i was getting ready for the Canadian Nationals when i saw this contest.  i actually thought levrone looked better than paul, except for that little pony tail...

then levrone won the nationals and in his speech he said ' i just showed up at the jrs to make an impact. i took this show seriously and rode the bike
30 minutes 3 times a week'.

i was pissed, i was riding the bike 3 hrs a day!!  and 2 2 hour weight sessions per day.

i overtrained so bad, but there were no coaches up here.  more is better.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 09:33:02 AM »
i was getting ready for the Canadian Nationals when i saw this contest.  i actually thought levrone looked better than paul, except for that little pony tail...

then levrone won the nationals and in his speech he said ' i just showed up at the jrs to make an impact. i took this show seriously and rode the bike
30 minutes 3 times a week'.

i was pissed, i was riding the bike 3 hrs a day!!  and 2 2 hour weight sessions per day.

i overtrained so bad, but there were no coaches up here.  more is better.
Hey Louie<(from Pumping Iron) Rik never put yourself done bro.....you always looked incredible.......ALWAYS!!

NO HOMO

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 09:40:29 AM »
Hey Louie Rik never put yourself done bro.....you always looked incredible.......ALWAYS!!

NO HOMO

i should have stayed in the 240s for that show but dropped to 226.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 09:43:40 AM »

You did not yet know of  Brian "The Pump" bhanky and still something inside you encouraged you to be at bhanky-weight, aka: 225lbs.! 

In all honesty, you look great. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 10:04:07 AM »
Bruce West from Atlanta who won it in 1992 had a tremendous future ahead of him.

Won't say what bit of trouble he had, but he could have done some damage in the pros.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 10:08:33 AM »
Insane build....you got robbed so many times I feel for you.

Politics in bb truly suck.

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023, 10:34:56 AM »
Insane build....you got robbed so many times I feel for you.

Politics in bb truly suck.

that was my first time at the nationals.   the guy that won was a freak.  248 ripped.  second place was a fellow that had won his class over the years as a lightweight, middleweight and lightheavyweight and looked great his first time in heavys.   third place was a fat out of shape dude. i got sixth.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2023, 11:04:11 AM »
LOok at the seperation,muscle density,and definition of these future greats.....IMO,they look far better than last weekends Arnold Classic guys by fucking light years.

KEV looked like a tank in that show insane,,he was probably ahead of the class that to give demayo who was great bber as well the title and then pretty much told kev come in nationals like this and its yours.amazing how his 92 mro look is quite different than here he was skinned at that mro but smaller esp going against yates.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2023, 12:35:41 PM »
I specifically remember Craig Titus discussing the 1991 Junior Nationals. He said that particular show was unique because it was prior to Levrone’s super heavy squatting days. Titus said that Levrone’s waist was tiny at that show.... but Levrone’s waistline didn’t remain small for long. Levrone’s obliques thickened considerably after the 1991 Junior Nationals. After the Junior Nationals, apparently, Levrone started to squat in the 600-700LB range.

Re-watch the video. Look at Levrone’s midsection. Titus was 100% correct.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2023, 03:05:05 PM »
that was my first time at the nationals.   the guy that won was a freak.  248 ripped.  second place was a fellow that had won his class over the years as a lightweight, middleweight and lightheavyweight and looked great his first time in heavys.   third place was a fat out of shape dude. i got sixth.
Politics Of Peace

I got beat at a show in Syracuse put on by IFBB Pro Jeremy Freeman....I placed top 5 in my class. but one guy that placed ahead of me was like 7 years out from being in condition for the show and had on a veritable ton of baby oil.

I have the DVD from the show and for me, I looked great.

Two weeks later I was in Rochester competing, and I placed third in my class and the slob that beat me in Syracuse didn`t even place.

After the show he comes up to me and says congrats bro now are placings are 1to1.....he looked terrible,and I never did Freemans show again though I had done it twice, because I later found out the the glazed donut looking guy was a trainer there and had trained there for years.

No way can I compare notes with you Rik,just pointing out the role politics play in this game.

As Bob Chick would say....."Sometimes you get the elevator......sometimes you get the shaft".  :(

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2023, 03:22:31 PM »
As Bob Chick would say....."Sometimes you get the elevator......sometimes you get the shaft".  :(

Sometimes the elevator is broken and you have to walk up the stairs just to reach the right ice machine.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2023, 03:25:41 PM »
Sometimes the elevator is broken and you have to walk up the stairs just to reach the right ice machine.
;D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2023, 03:34:46 PM »

Demayo & Levrone by the looks of then would've totally destroyed the Arnold Classic Top 3. !!

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2023, 04:40:39 PM »
Politics Of Peace

I got beat at a show in Syracuse put on by IFBB Pro Jeremy Freeman....I placed top 5 in my class. but one guy that placed ahead of me was like 7 years out from being in condition for the show and had on a veritable ton of baby oil.

I have the DVD from the show and for me, I looked great.

Two weeks later I was in Rochester competing, and I placed third in my class and the slob that beat me in Syracuse didn`t even place.

After the show he comes up to me and says congrats bro now are placings are 1to1.....he looked terrible,and I never did Freemans show again though I had done it twice, because I later found out the the glazed donut looking guy was a trainer there and had trained there for years.

No way can I compare notes with you Rik,just pointing out the role politics play in this game.

funny you mention chik   when i first joined this board chik said lee priest got a gift when he won his pro show.  later i said to him that he admitted ifbb shows were fixed.  he said he never said that he got a gift from the judges.  i replied sorry bob i don't have an ifbb rulebook, i don't know the difference between a gift and a fix.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2023, 04:52:59 PM »

This is peak bodybuiding, the quality of the physiques is incredible.

Old School Trainer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2023, 04:59:26 PM »
I was at that show in Red Bank NJ.  Paul looked great and lived up to the hype, but everyone was talking about the freak from Maryland.  Flip a coin between the two.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2023, 05:16:46 PM »
funny you mention chik   when i first joined this board chik said lee priest got a gift when he won his pro show.  later i said to him that he admitted ifbb shows were fixed.  he said he never said that he got a gift from the judges.  i replied sorry bob i don't have an ifbb rulebook, i don't know the difference between a gift and a fix.

Makes sense since Cormier should have won one arnold at least. Having Cutler beating was def a fix or a gift. They were pushing so hard on Cutler that he wasn’t going to lose any of the shows that weren’t the Olympia at the time after 2001

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2023, 06:05:23 PM »
Demayo's arms and legs Jesus christ. A little narrow though

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2023, 06:10:58 PM »
Dente looked good too

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2023, 06:16:43 PM »
Dente looked good too

Yes he did. A lot of great bodybuilders didn’t get a pro card during that period. For a few years it’s like every one of the top five would have  placed  top 10 at the Olympia if they had a pro card

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2023, 09:08:27 PM »
Dente looked good too

Yes very good.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2023, 05:32:23 AM »
Thats  a wild video. Levrone almost looks like a different person. He looks phenomenal here. I think this looks better than his pro look.

I never realized DeMayo was that big. At 5'10" he must've been huge. I always assumed he was a manlet, like 5'7" or 5'8" one of those guys, despite being a popular amateur just did nothing in the pro ranks. Like Belknap and others. SD how Paul ended up.