Author Topic: Tyson Fury v Alexander Usyk....Who ya got!?  (Read 1489 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Tyson Fury v Alexander Usyk....Who ya got!?
« on: March 10, 2023, 03:35:24 PM »
Strong negotiations happening on Twitter 😆  with an April 29th fight. Fury demanded a 70/30 split, Usyk called his bluff and accepted, more to come on that.

The question is, who wins this fight and how and why? FYI, I have Usyk winning by decision or TKO.

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: Tyson Fury v Alexander Usyk....Who ya got!?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 03:39:53 PM »
Fury wins

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 03:45:46 PM »
Fury....just too big for Usyk IMO.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 03:52:54 PM »
Wiggs - is there any reason Fury wouldn't win this?

He's 35 this year. Is age a factor?

EDIT: just read that Usyk is older. Unless I'm missing something, I think Fury will win.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 04:32:46 PM »
Fury

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 10:19:04 PM »
Strong negotiations happening on Twitter 😆  with a April 29th fight. Fury demanded a 70/30 split, Usyk called his bluff and accepted, more to come on that.

The question is, who wins this fight and how and why? FYI, I have Usyk winning by decision or TKO.

I'll agree and say Usyk is gonna stop him (if they fight).  I think Fury is gonna bitch out and look for a softer touch.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 10:28:35 PM »
Fury will win because of his physique.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 10:33:14 PM »
Usyk has a high boxing IQ. The diametric opposite of Deontay Wilder. Fury has had trouble with boxers before, and not even really great boxers either.

Fury's massive size is his greatest strength and his relative mobility. Plus his unpredictability.

Usyk is one of tge most disciplined and skilled boxers in the sport. Usyk will not be intimidated by Fury euther. Mind games won't work on him.

This is tough but in order for Fury to knock out Usyk he's gonna have to find him first. Usyk is going to stick and move, hit and run.

This is going the distance and Usyk should take the decision.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2023, 11:34:31 PM »
Usyk has a high boxing IQ. The diametric opposite of Deontay Wilder. Fury has had trouble with boxers before, and not even really great boxers either.

Fury's massive size is his greatest strength and his relative mobility. Plus his unpredictability.

Usyk is one of tge most disciplined and skilled boxers in the sport. Usyk will not be intimidated by Fury euther. Mind games won't work on him.

This is tough but in order for Fury to knock out Usyk he's gonna have to find him first. Usyk is going to stick and move, hit and run.

He's only really ever had trouble with guys when his head hasn't been in the right place outside the ring.

He isn't a one dimensional boxer and I wouldn't underestimate his boxing IQ. If Furys head is right for the this fight then this is a bad match up for Usyk.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2023, 11:42:45 PM »

I follow UFC the same or more than bodybuilding. So forgive me for not being familiar with what you posted. I learned a lot.

I feel MMA is closer to a street fight. I feel like normal people with good wrestling backgrounds have a chance in a street fight against a boxer [not the heavyweights], but unless one trains in MMA, they would have no answer to UFC fighters.

Hence why I don't follow boxing, even though it is richer, and presumably more popular, than MMA. MMA is closer to a real fight.

I think Tyson Fury is being largely ignored in press. Someone I know said it's because he's White, and the press wants Black champions in boxing, where the winners are mixed [but mostly Black in boxing, like bodybuilding].

But for all his glory, Fury is not getting the press he deserves [IMO].

And I'll be honest - I hadn't even heard of Oleksandr Usyk.

I just looked him up, and he is undefeated, and closing in on a 10-year undefeated streak.  :o

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleksandr_Usyk

Wow.

So you have two undefeated champions about to clash.

Now I can see why you went with Usyk, beakdoctor. At first I was like - huh? Now I get it.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2023, 11:43:32 PM »

He's only really ever had trouble with guys when his head hasn't been in the right place outside the ring.

He isn't a one dimensional boxer and I wouldn't underestimate his boxing IQ. If Furys head is right for the this fight then this is a bad match up for Usyk.

This is actually a great match up for both guys.  Very skilled.  Very high ring IQ's.  Both with lots of heart.  Usyk won't get run over.  I can see a scenario where early on he looks overwhelmed but he's so damn smart that he'll adjust.  If he beats Fury, he's an all time great.  No doubt.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2023, 12:03:34 AM »
This is actually a great match up for both guys.  Very skilled.  Very high ring IQ's.  Both with lots of heart.  Usyk won't get run over.  I can see a scenario where early on he looks overwhelmed but he's so damn smart that he'll adjust.  If he beats Fury, he's an all time great.  No doubt.

Potentially great in terms of spectacle, but not in terms of Usyk finding a way to win.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2023, 12:13:06 AM »
Potentially great in terms of spectacle, but not in terms of Usyk finding a way to win.

I don't follow boxing enough to comment, but Usyk is on a near decade-long win streak.

The only shared competition they have from what I can tell, is Derek Chisora, and Fury did better again him, and actually stopped him.

I'm not sure if that's enough to make a case.

I'd also feel differently if Usyk was 31 or something, but he's actually a year older than Fury, which is not an advantage at that age.

What makes you so sure, with both being undefeated? Has Fury fought more high caliber opponents?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2023, 12:38:41 AM »
I don't follow boxing enough to comment, but Usyk is on a near decade-long win streak.

The only shared competition they have from what I can tell, is Derek Chisora, and Fury did better again him, and actually stopped him.

I'd also feel differently if Usyk was 31 or something, but he's actually a year older than Fury, which is not an advantage at that age.

What makes you so sure, with both being undefeated? Has Fury fought more high caliber opponents?

Not really, but Fury has generally been the more dominating boxer in his fights.

Easiest way to explain is that Fury can hold his own against Usyk in every department, but is taller and bigger and by a lot.

wordy

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2023, 12:42:08 AM »

The year age difference won’t make any difference, look at  the physicality of the two, I bet Fury’s lifestyle has put a lot more years on the clock than Usyk.

B R

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2023, 01:35:48 AM »

Usyk all day.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2023, 02:58:45 AM »
I follow UFC the same or more than bodybuilding. So forgive me for not being familiar with what you posted. I learned a lot.

I feel MMA is closer to a street fight. I feel like normal people with good wrestling backgrounds have a chance in a street fight against a boxer [not the heavyweights], but unless one trains in MMA, they would have no answer to UFC fighters.

Hence why I don't follow boxing, even though it is richer, and presumably more popular, than MMA. MMA is closer to a real fight.

I think Tyson Fury is being largely ignored in press. Someone I know said it's because he's White, and the press wants Black champions in boxing, where the winners are mixed [but mostly Black in boxing, like bodybuilding].

But for all his glory, Fury is not getting the press he deserves [IMO].

And I'll be honest - I hadn't even heard of Oleksandr Usyk.

I just looked him up, and he is undefeated, and closing in on a 10-year undefeated streak.  :o

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleksandr_Usyk

Wow.

So you have two undefeated champions about to clash.

Now I can see why you went with Usyk, beakdoctor. At first I was like - huh? Now I get it.

Anytime two undefeated heavyweight boxing champions face off for the undisputed crown (or a unification, theres so many goddamned belts now its hard to keep track. It was bad enough with the alphabet Organizations but then the wba began its regular, interim and super champions and the wbc added the silver champion and I think there was a diamond belt at some point, but I digress) there should be major media coverage.

Any lack of coverage has more to do with the fact that the heavyweight scene is no longer dominated by American fighters. The press wasn't .  different for the Klitchkos or Anthony Joshua. I don't think the skin color has much to do with it.

I agree with your points. Fury certainly isn't lacking in skill or one dimensional by any means. His style isn't right for anybody. Fury is on a nice knockout streak but he isn't truly a knockout puncher- not like his recent form suggests. Wilder, Chisora, Whyte, were all there to be hit. Usyk will be a hard target.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2023, 04:12:02 AM »
I agree with your points. Fury certainly isn't lacking in skill or one dimensional by any means. His style isn't right for anybody. Fury is on a nice knockout streak but he isn't truly a knockout puncher- not like his recent form suggests. Wilder, Chisora, Whyte, were all there to be hit. Usyk will be a hard target.

I don't think Fury needs to go for the knockout. He's got his jab, a crazy reach advantage and is busy enough to get a win on points.

If Usyk is too mobile for Fury then that's where he can use his size and just lean on Usyk and hug him for 90% of the round, and then win those rounds with a late flurry. Usyk is also really small for a modern day heavyweight, so carrying Furys bodyweight through the rounds will sap Usyks stamina in ways he's never experienced. His legs will be gone by the latter rounds and he can be picked off by Fury. Fighting like this I'd back Fury to beat almost anyone past or present.

If the fight ends up being a hugfest then Usyk will realise pretty quickly that the only way he can win is by turning it into a punchfest. That's when things will get interesting as Fury won't say no to standing there and trading blows.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2023, 04:14:31 AM »
Usyk is a joke. He gets ko`ed in the first round

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2023, 04:18:37 AM »
While Usyk has a great boxing IQ like beakdoctor stated,Tyson weighs in at close to three bills, and has speed, and a shitload of KO power at this heavy bodyweight.....he also leans all of this weight on his opponent whenever they clinch.....this gasses out a guy pretty fast.

Great jab,speed,heavier,taller,and can box.....for a huge guy he`s light on his feet.

I`m a Usyk fan but there`s no way he`s beating Fury.....Fury isn`t Joshua.....Fury if properly prepared and in top shape will crush Alex.....just my 2 cents.

It`ll be a good one no matter what the outcome.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2023, 05:19:27 AM »
IF it actually does happen  ::)

I think Fury's a little bit nervous.

By now, after all this stalling, I'd rather see Joyce vs. Wilder

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2023, 05:30:38 AM »
IF it actually does happen  ::)

I think Fury's a little bit nervous.

By now, after all this stalling, I'd rather see Joyce vs. Wilder
That would be cool....as long as Joyce could avoid the deadly right hand of the living fucking windmill non-boxing asshole that is Wilder,....Joyce will murder him.

Wilder can`t box cans of fruit, and has beaten a slew of tomato cans......try to remember  10-12 of his opponents other than that farce Stivern....Tyson Fury,Ancient Ortiz,or the complete slouch that was Dominick Braezille and you have a bunch of zeros that he fought.

Padded Record Of Peace.....just like a lot of PBC fighters,all with perfect records like Spence who is great, but leary of losing his perfect "O" by a fight with Crawford.

Once Wilder tried to step up to a legit level FINALLY......Fury rocked his fucking planets 3 times and sent his illiterate ass into retirement.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2023, 05:51:05 AM »
Fury

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2023, 06:39:54 AM »
Fury demands 70/30. Usky comes back with donations to Ukraine and agrees hours later.  Both demands are loaded with catch-22s.  Fight was moved from Mid East - UK per Fury so it needs good PPV WW numbers to compensate for lost oil guarantees.  Seems like they are marketing the heel vs the people's good guy.  Fury talks stupid nonstop while Sugar Hill makes boxing commentary on Usyk.

Fury SD b/c of Hill aka boxing man. Fury is definitely going to have to come in 15 lbs lighter vs 270 he needed to absorb Wilder's punching power. 

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2023, 06:54:16 AM »
why does it seem like if Fury boxed in any other time period but now he'd be completely destroyed by the REAL boxers of the last 50 years