Author Topic: Avesher Flips Out--Cops Called  (Read 2616 times)

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: Avesher Flips Out--Cops Called
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2023, 10:28:40 PM »
I haven't tried anything yet. All I asked is I genuinely don't understand why it can't be driven if that bolt is literally never going anywhere. Makes no sense to me

It will eventually come loose through vibration, torquing while turning and heating/cooling cycles.

Replacing that bolt isn't as easy as it looks.

NoPEDsNoBB

• Getbig IV
  • ........Ya!
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2023, 11:37:26 PM »
I haven't tried anything yet. All I asked is I genuinely don't understand why it can't be driven if that bolt is literally never going anywhere. Makes no sense to me

I believe the bolt can work its way loose when you're driving.. and can happen quickly.
(Hmmm.. perhaps you should just drive up and down your street to easily remove the bolt ha)
If they adjusted the W/A of that corner of your vehicle, then the bolt most definitely moved/turned. Just because they snapped part of it off, it doesn't mean the bolt's seized in there.
Were you given a printout of your old vs new W/A settings?? That would likely show if they turned the bolt or not. I'm sure they did.. after going through the effort of loosening the nut.. <-- that's the hard part. Adjusting the camber / turning the bolt is the easy/enjoyable part.

Apologies for delay and half retarded answers. I'm operating at 6% right now. Looking forward to reading my posts here tomorrow.. not. :-\

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2023, 11:46:47 PM »
The Gimp that was saved by Glasses Gal is probably having nightmares tonight

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2023, 04:15:00 AM »
Glad it worked out for you, bro.

Can't stand when auto repair shops and anybody tries to rip off the common man.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2023, 04:20:53 AM »
If it has tits or mechanical parts,sooner or later it`s gonna` give you trouble.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2023, 04:22:18 AM »
Once bought a second hand car with a 12 month warrenty from a car salesroom
After about a month the clutch started slipping
I took it back and the guy said the warrenty "doesnt cover wear and tear or anything that breaks"

I then asked him what did it cover and then he realised his mistake

I just said "Fix the fucking car"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2023, 04:51:58 AM »
Nothing is fucking easy. You can't even get a wheel alignment.

Josh, post up their email.

Scrancer

• Getbig III
  • SOME NICE FRENCH TOAST!!!!!
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2023, 08:14:54 AM »
I believe the bolt can work its way loose when you're driving.. and can happen quickly.
(Hmmm.. perhaps you should just drive up and down your street to easily remove the bolt ha)
If they adjusted the W/A of that corner of your vehicle, then the bolt most definitely moved/turned. Just because they snapped part of it off, it doesn't mean the bolt's seized in there.
Were you given a printout of your old vs new W/A settings?? That would likely show if they turned the bolt or not. I'm sure they did.. after going through the effort of loosening the nut.. <-- that's the hard part. Adjusting the camber / turning the bolt is the easy/enjoyable part.

Apologies for delay and half retarded answers. I'm operating at 6% right now. Looking forward to reading my posts here tomorrow.. noct. :-\

thats actually the goal, drive it, check it, drive it, check it etc etc....then if it comes loose deal with it

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2023, 08:18:56 AM »
no I think they completed high school  :-X :-X :P

Hahahaha.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2023, 08:54:44 AM »
I buy a used suv, change the front struts myself, good as gold, need a wheel alignment. I take it to Kal Tire, 150 for an alignment. An hour in they come to me say "theres an issue". They, I repeat they, they told me they busted it and show me its some bold on a control arm or something. Im like so youre gonna fix it? They say yes, but it will cost me a thousand dollars. THEY bust it and want to charge me a grand, and they say they wont release the suv to me til its fixed

AVESHER SNAPS, LOSES IT, cops called, people hiding.
In this case losing it pays off, they pay for the suv to get towed to my place and dont charge me a dime for the alignment. I shouuld have instantly known when a 19 year old negroid kid with dreads went to work on my suv that it was  doomed

In the end, Im pretty sure I can get away with a weld to fix it, 100 bucks max.

Fuck Kal Tire

NoPEDsNoBB

• Getbig IV
  • ........Ya!
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2023, 09:22:15 AM »
thats actually the goal, drive it, check it, drive it, check it etc etc....then if it comes loose deal with it

Cool. Just don't over-do it.. get lazy/careless.. think "I'll drive another 10 miles then check it.. cbf getting in-out all the time".
Goal is to loosen the bolt... not let it fall out while driving.
I wouldn't even drive it. I'd just go Jackie Chan on the bolt.

Btw, here is what I meant about your bolts possibly - not being "smooth" earlier

Scrancer

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2023, 09:28:50 AM »
Cool. Just don't over-do it.. get lazy/careless.. think "I'll drive another 10 miles then check it.. cbf getting in-out all the time".
Goal is to loosen the bolt... not let it fall out while driving.
I wouldn't even drive it. I'd just go Jackie Chan on the bolt.

Btw, here is what I meant about your bolts possibly - not being "smooth" earlier

ya Im actually picking up the proper bolts tomorrow for it so Im snap ready to put the new one in if this one falls out.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2023, 09:34:36 AM »
I used to have a Dodge Durango and I was driving on the highway going about 65 MPH......I hit the small sideroad that leads to the route I live on,so I was going much slower,when all of a sudden my passenger side rear wheel comes right the fuck off!

I was lucky it didn`t happen at 65 MPH.....not a good day.

Great car,could climb Mt. Everest,get out of any amount of snow,but if you drove it around the block twice, 65 bucks worth of gas expended.

Scrancer

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2023, 09:52:59 AM »
I used to have a Dodge Durango and I was driving on the highway going about 65 MPH......I hit the small sideroad that leads to the route I live on,so I was going much slower,when all of a sudden my passenger side rear wheel comes right the fuck off!

I was lucky it didn`t happen at 65 MPH.....now a good day.

Great car,could climb Mt. Everest,get out of any amount of snow,but if you drove it around the block twice, 65 bucks worth of gas expended.

haha I built a Toyota lowrider truck, was driving it one day and my rear right wheel came off and passed me and took off down the road for about 300 yards. I was more fascinated with how far it went than the face it came off

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2023, 10:21:59 AM »
haha I built a Toyota lowrider truck, was driving it one day and my rear right wheel came off and passed me and took off down the road for about 300 yards. I was more fascinated with how far it went than the face it came off
hahahahaha  ;D