Author Topic: RHINO?  (Read 5886 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
RHINO?
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:04:48 PM »
Hey.

I'm sure everyone has stories about people from their gym. There are plenty of people at my gym that I could say something about but to be honest when I'm in there I try to mind my own business and workout. If I see someone I know we have a quick 30-40 second chat inbetween sets or a hello before the workout.

But there's one guy.... this one guy who seems to never leave me alone. Because of him I've tried to switch times to go to the gym, yet somehow he has now magically reappeared there are the same time as me everytime I'm in 

Ok so it's not so bad sometimes to have a conversation with him but all he seems to talk about is his sets, weights, the pain, how many weeks out he is, the diet. Always going on about himself. The guy is 45 years old, competes at 145lbs in the novice category. He's competed twice before. All power to him for taking the time to diet and compete but come on. He starts to talk to me while I'm doing my set.  I'm sittin there doing calves and all of a sudden I've lost count and my concentration. At times I've tried to walk away while he's talking, then he'll be following me.

What really put it over the top was last week when I was doing a set he calls me over from the dance hall. I walk over, go in and he's posing in his trunks. Seriously its a fitness gym and I dont think people wanna see this guy in his trunks. I know alot of people pose at the gym but this is just not that kinda place, not that enviroment. Besides its a bit weird when the guy is saying to me "the quad seperation and calves are there" but I squint and still see nothing. He's also that guy who starts to scream louder everytime you walk by to get your attention.

How do I get rid of this guy? I dont want to be disrespectful but anyone I talk to thinks he's a bit of a nut. He's not a bad guy deep down but just a bit misplaced in the gym.

LifterChick

Re: RHINO?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 03:06:35 PM »
Hey.

I'm sure everyone has stories about people from their gym. There are plenty of people at my gym that I could say something about but to be honest when I'm in there I try to mind my own business and workout. If I see someone I know we have a quick 30-40 second chat inbetween sets or a hello before the workout.

But there's one guy.... this one guy who seems to never leave me alone. Because of him I've tried to switch times to go to the gym, yet somehow he has now magically reappeared there are the same time as me everytime I'm in 

Ok so it's not so bad sometimes to have a conversation with him but all he seems to talk about is his sets, weights, the pain, how many weeks out he is, the diet. Always going on about himself. The guy is 45 years old, competes at 145lbs in the novice category. He's competed twice before. All power to him for taking the time to diet and compete but come on. He starts to talk to me while I'm doing my set.  I'm sittin there doing calves and all of a sudden I've lost count and my concentration. At times I've tried to walk away while he's talking, then he'll be following me.

What really put it over the top was last week when I was doing a set he calls me over from the dance hall. I walk over, go in and he's posing in his trunks. Seriously its a fitness gym and I dont think people wanna see this guy in his trunks. I know alot of people pose at the gym but this is just not that kinda place, not that enviroment. Besides its a bit weird when the guy is saying to me "the quad seperation and calves are there" but I squint and still see nothing. He's also that guy who starts to scream louder everytime you walk by to get your attention.

How do I get rid of this guy? I dont want to be disrespectful but anyone I talk to thinks he's a bit of a nut. He's not a bad guy deep down but just a bit misplaced in the gym.

I suggest you give him a mercy date.    :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 03:07:12 PM »
I suggest you give him a mercy date.    :D

True, but then you might end up with a crazy stalker on your hands ;)

LifterChick

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 03:09:02 PM »
True, but then you might end up with a crazy stalker on your hands ;)

;D ;D

Have Cheri straighten him out in the parking lot.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 03:09:30 PM »
;D ;D

Have Cheri straighten him out in the parking lot.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 03:10:31 PM »
  Tell him that you are Animal in the gym and that he can send you an email if he has questions or concerns.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 03:21:35 PM »
I had this same problem before, i just told the dude straight up... "I come here to lift and when im doing a set or in between sets I am either thinking of the set I am doing or mentally preparing for the next one. I would more than happy to chat after I am finished"

dude never spoke to me again....

And all was good  ;)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 03:25:10 PM »
i have also had this problem, i have a solution!
totally ignore him for as long as possible and when he approaches you just say you have developed a severe hearing problem.
even when he is a inch away from you continue with it.
eventually he wil get sick of repeating himself.
P

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 03:26:20 PM »
I have had a few people ask me if I'm 240 from the boards.  Most are lurkers, but it's cool to be recognized.  Oddly enough, they never seem to want BBing advice  ;D

RHINO290

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 03:30:12 PM »
Hey.

[/quote

If you are just looking to get rid of him, evertime he comes near you, just give him one word answers and keep walking. If you are training and he comes up to you tell him"look man, don't want to be rude but I'm training" Just genreally blow him off, he will get the point. If you are trying to help the whole gym, you can do one of two things. 1) constantly embarrass him in front of everyone by saying to him out loud, what everyone is thinking. 2) pull him aside and school him on his behavior.

If all else fails? Bitch slap him across the face and make him cry and run away, he will join another gym.

I did that to a guy in the Gold's in Orlando. His name is Russell Holmes and he kept stalking my girlfreind, so I saw him in the gym and pushed him over a leg machine, he got up, ran away crying...that was the end of him(LOL).

kinda what I what do to sarcasm or MOS if I ever saw them.

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 03:30:12 PM »
I have had a few people ask me if I'm 240 from the boards.  Most are lurkers, but it's cool to be recognized.  Oddly enough, they never seem to want BBing advice  ;D

That's funny shit!
Ron Paul 2012

body88

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 03:31:19 PM »
Just tell the dude the truth

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 03:31:46 PM »
Hey Mike,
 I learned this from MM and it I watched it work every time. Get a pair of head phones, put them on and just put the cord in your shorts. When someone approaches just ignore them and continue with what you are doing and they finally walk off. Most figure it out after they see there is no player and get the hint.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 03:32:49 PM »
Hey.

funny thing is all you have to do is make eye contact with them for a millisecond and it's free reign to come over and yap.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

lol

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 03:38:01 PM »
I had this same problem before, i just told the dude straight up... "I come here to lift and when im doing a set or in between sets I am either thinking of the set I am doing or mentally preparing for the next one. I would more than happy to chat after I am finished"

dude never spoke to me again....

And all was good  ;)

This is great advice!

LifterChick

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 03:39:26 PM »
Hey Mike,
 I learned this from MM and it I watched it work every time. Get a pair of head phones, put them on and just put the cord in your shorts. When someone approaches just ignore them and continue with what you are doing and they finally walk off. Most figure it out after they see there is no player and get the hint.

Either that or they aren't hanging around to find out exactly what your plugged into.    :)

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 03:45:04 PM »
just do what sarcasm does and say something like "monster triceps"  "your a beast dude"  he will get the point.
"

Brooks

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 03:57:23 PM »
Just tell him straigh up that you're concentrating and you'll talk to him when your done with your workout. Either that or drop a 45lb plate on his foot and he won't be back to the gym for a while.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 04:27:05 PM »
I am straight up blatant about it.

I will freely tell them to get lost as I am training for a show.

I do however phrase it nicely :)

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 05:21:25 PM »
Mike,

The guy is clearly mental if he is asking you for training advice.  Inform the local authorities and check the internet to see if he is on a list of local sex offenders.
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

dee1975

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »
First hint: MP3 player with headphones and a cap to avoid eye contact. Keep head down and look in a bad mood
If that doesnt work
Second hint: Tell him to F**k off.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 06:49:54 PM »
Mike,

The guy is clearly mental if he is asking you for training advice.  Inform the local authorities and check the internet to see if he is on a list of local sex offenders.

hahahha..........thank you (made me laugh)

Bast175

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 07:02:17 PM »
tell him you like bigger guys.   lol

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 07:04:46 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D