Author Topic: Two more weeks...  (Read 2851 times)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Two more weeks...
« on: April 27, 2006, 05:20:09 PM »
until my first fight.  Just dropping a few more pounds so making weight won't be any hassle. 
I feel like I'm as well rounded as I can be (practicing takedowns w/ a wrestler, rolling w/ BJJ and boxing w/ my old sparring partner).  Any words of advice or just some good getbig bullshit ;D is appreciated,

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Re: Two more weeks...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 06:37:31 PM »
Hit hard and don't get hit  ;D

good luck
RIP Bob Probert

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 10:02:24 AM »
get someone film it nad post it! how kick ass would it be to see our own get biggers fighting! HAHA! i'm still looking into trainers! i can't wait! did you hop on a local fight card or something?!

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 02:00:05 PM »
Contacted a promoter online; the XFF on May 13 in Columbus, GA...

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 02:18:45 PM »
calm your breathing when you go to the ring and work out your plan BEFORE you leave for the fight. Whatever you do, DONT alter it until you have tried it out. Try to work out your oponent, i.e. trade a few strikes and see if it is likely he will look for a shoot on you. If it looks like hes a striker then get him to the ground as soon as, if it looks like hes a grappler then try and get a few solid shots in as early as possible. Once you get even the slightest advantage, dont give your opponent any time to recover. Get straight on him and look for a controlled finish

Best of luck mate, let us know how you get on..............
Scouser on Tour

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 04:26:01 PM »
calm your breathing when you go to the ring and work out your plan BEFORE you leave for the fight. Whatever you do, DONT alter it until you have tried it out. Try to work out your oponent, i.e. trade a few strikes and see if it is likely he will look for a shoot on you. If it looks like hes a striker then get him to the ground as soon as, if it looks like hes a grappler then try and get a few solid shots in as early as possible. Once you get even the slightest advantage, dont give your opponent any time to recover. Get straight on him and look for a controlled finish

Best of luck mate, let us know how you get on..............

I'm fighting a kickboxer so I'm prepared to shoot quickly; I honestly think (and sparring partners confirm...well, may be blowing smoke up my ass ;D)that I've got fast hands, so I plan on opening up w/ striking.  If I don't like the way it's going, it's takedown and G & P from there ;)

H4eafy

• Getbig III
  • I will Stop Procrastinating... Tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 06:28:10 AM »
Hey, I have fought MMA and I would say to go in there and be aggressive and dont EVER give up mentally. By that I mean keep your head in there and dont worry about getting hurt.

Your plan is good but it also a little shakey. Look at the second Liddell Vs Horn fight. If you are going to go for that plan I would make sure that you put 110% into your shoots. If you are in trouble on your feet a takedown is expected. You dont want him to see them coming.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 01:08:54 PM »
Thanks for the imput.  I know there's some risk w/ standing up w/ the guy and shooting on him if things get tough.  I honestly feel like my stand up is good, and I've worked my takedowns hard enough that the wrestler I train them with can't keep me from getting a takedown on him.  Hell, I may just try to plant a roundhouse in his ribs first thing ;D j/k

H4eafy

• Getbig III
  • I will Stop Procrastinating... Tomorrow
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 01:47:23 PM »
I would also say to just let instinct take over. If you have trained hard enough and long enough it will be the best thing.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 01:15:50 PM »
good luck