Author Topic: Like him or hate him. He can’t be faded.  (Read 21472 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Like him or hate him. He can’t be faded.
« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2023, 08:50:28 PM »
Matt= What the FUCK...... first a " worship thread" on Ron Harris now B-Hanks! (Set your worship sights a little higher..... how about Derek Lundsford you're both short or Hadi Choopan? ..... Brett Wilkin? ..Andrew Jacked? .....Horse MD? Emanuel Alvarez? .....  FFS sakes man! )

@Matt - I think Mike is upset that he wasn't cc'd on your famous rope shooting video you sent to Prime. 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #351 on: August 12, 2023, 03:12:43 AM »
Matt= What the FUCK...... first a " worship thread" on Ron Harris now B-Hanks! (Set your worship sights a little higher..... how about Derek Lundsford you're both short or Hadi Choopan? ..... Brett Wilkin? ..Andrew Jacked? .....Horse MD? Emanuel Alvarez? .....  FFS sakes man! )

There is no higher worship if we were to rank the Gods it would look something like this

Bhank
Jesus
Ronnie Coleman

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2023, 03:31:59 AM »
There is no higher worship if we were to rank the Gods it would look something like this

Bhank
Jesus
Ronnie Coleman

You high on drugs again ? 

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2023, 03:32:49 AM »
You high on drugs again ?

Meth-Heads have a false sense of awesomeness.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2023, 03:52:10 AM »

Hey Mike - I'll be the first person to point out when a person has a good physique, independent of anything else! Example of a good physique attached below!

That said:
I was one of the only people who showed B. Hank any respect when others were trashing him. You'd THINK that would be enough to show me respect - with me being one of the few on here who had his back in a sea who didn't.

Instead, he went out of his way to trash my video doing 100-lb dumbbells for reps on the seated press, by posting a demo video of him using "proper form" using the massive 1-lb dumbbells he has in his house for some reason:

^^ NOBODY does overhead presses to that depth, lmao.
N-O-B-O-D-Y.

But I guess if you keep 1-lb dumbbells at home, you could go low using THAT weight like. There are almost zero videos on YouTube of anyone going significantly lower than I do pressing 100- to 120-lb dumbbells overhead:

And the ONLY people pressing heavier than the 120's are WORLD CLASS POWERLIFTERS.

So for anyone to talk shit about a video of me repping out the 100's just blows my mind because there are maybe 10 men in Canada weighing 170-lb who can do that.

Throwing fellow Getbiggers some shade is one thing. But when the insult is just delusional, I take issue with it.

B. Hank said I could go a foot lower, which is also delusional. I can literally only lower my elbows down another 6-8", before I CANNOT MOVE THEM LOWER.

It's one thing to say "You could go down another inch or so" on an already good lift. But to say I could go down another foot? Lmao...DELUSIONAL and PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

I don't know what B. Hank presses, but it's probably in the 50-70 pound dumbbell range for working sets. I would never trash someone stronger than me for having marginally-off form.

Although the main thing that annoyed me was that Walter Sobchak then started trashing me. Walter - a guy whose bench press max is 235, talking shit.  ::)

But since then, I get along with B. Hank again. That just peeved me.

But...at the end of the day, B. Hank has a better physique than me, so why would I trash his build? Anything negative I could say is worse for me.

B. Hank has a better physique than me, period.

I mean...unless he is on heavy doses of gear? If so...then OK, maybe he could look better. But I don't trash people who look better than me.

Such as:

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2023, 03:56:37 AM »
Meth-Heads have a false sense of awesomeness.

Lol I am a meth head now? I don't even use preworkout

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2023, 03:59:36 AM »
Hey Mike - I'll be the first person to point out when a person has a good physique, independent of anything else! Example of a good physique attached below!

That being said:
Early on, I was one of the only people who showed B. Hank any respect on here when others were ripping into him. You'd THINK that would be enough for him to show me some respect - with me being one of the few on here who had his back in a sea of Getbiggers who didn't.

Instead, he went out of his way to trash my video doing 100-lb dumbbells for reps on the seated press, by posting a demo video of him using "proper form" using the massive 1-lb dumbbells he has in his house for some reason:

NOBODY does overhead presses to that depth, lmao. N-O-B-O-D-Y.

But I guess if you keep 1-lb dumbbells in your house, you could go low using weight like THAT. There are almost zero videos on YouTube of anyone going significantly lower than I do pressing 100- to 120-lb dumbbells overhead:

And the ONLY people pressing heavier than the 120's are WORLD CLASS POWERLIFTERS.

So for anyone to talk shit about a video of me ripping out the 100's just blows my mind because there are literally not 10 men in Canada weighing 170-lb who can press that.

Throwing fellow Getbiggers some shade is one thing. But when the insult is just delusional, I take issue with it.

B. Hank also set I could go a foot lower on my reps which is also literally delusional. I can literally only lower my elbows down another 6-8", before I LITERALLY PHYSICALLY CANNOT MOVE THEM LOWER.

It's one thing to say "You could go down another inch or so" on a lift that is already fine. But to say I could to down another foot...lmao...absolutely delusional and PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

I also don't know what B. Hank presses, but it's probabaly in the 50-70 pound dumbbell range for working sets.

I would never trash someone's marginally-off form for anyone stronger than me.

Although the main thing that annoyed me was that Walter Sobchak then started trashing me. Here's a guy whose bench press max is 235 talking shit.  ::)

But since then, I get along with B. Hank again. S

At the end of the day, B. Hank has a better physique than me, so why would I trash his physique? Anything negative I could say would be even worse for me.

B. Hank has a better physique than me, period. So I'm in no position to bash his physique. I mean...is he on heavy doses of gear? If so...then OK, maybe he could look better. But I don't trash people who look better than me.

Such as:

Its not the depth it is your wrist look at them in the pic you just posted then look at the dumbells do they look parallel to the floor? No they are all dipped on one side because your wrist are going everywhere keep your wrist position at 90 degrees and your hands straight. Do you see how your wrist are open and the dumbell is falling back and its slanted? Curl your wrist forward so the knuckles come straight off the wrist not behind them and tight so your hands dont move you are moving your wrist during the movement. I bet you would be able to lift more if you had a stronger wrist and hand position keep your wrist and hands locked at 90 degree do not let the weight roll your hand back and open up the wrist

The dumbell should be on the meaty part of your hand at the front by your thumb like mine not behind it like it is in your photo forget weight forget depth fix your wrist and hand position and that stuff will fix itself the dumbells should not be at a 45 degree angle sliding down the back of your hand. they should be locked parallel to the ground in the meaty part of your hand with your wrist straight not rolled back you will be stronger if you do this

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2023, 04:00:44 AM »
Matt is one strong dude.....no one here can say otherwise and be correct in doing so.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2023, 04:04:11 AM »
MattC is pound for pound one of the strongest men on getbig.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: August 12, 2023, 04:07:51 AM »

He doesn't know how to hold a dumbell

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: August 12, 2023, 04:08:57 AM »

tiny narrow torso and baggy medium t-shirt

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2023, 04:10:21 AM »
Yes,but his wrist position is questionable when pressing prodigious poundages.
 ::)

^^^^Spoken by the guy who does half squats,shaky uneven benches,and silly ass cheat curls that he thinks are done strictly........fucking clown !!  ::)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2023, 04:21:54 AM »
Its not the depth it is your wrist look at them in the pic you just posted then look at the dumbells do they look parallel to the floor? No they are all dipped on one side because your wrist are going everywhere keep your wrist position at 90 degrees and your hands straight. Do you see how your wrist are open and the dumbell is falling back and its slanted? Curl your wrist forward so the knuckles come straight off the wrist not behind them and tight so your hands dont move you are moving your wrist during the movement. I bet you would be able to lift more if you had a stronger wrist and hand position keep your wrist and hands locked at 90 degree do not let the weight roll your hand back and open up the wrist

The dumbell should be on the meaty part of your hand at the front by your thumb like mine not behind it like it is in your photo forget weight forget depth fix your wrist and hand position and that stuff will fix itself the dumbells should not be at a 45 degree angle sliding down the back of your hand. they should be locked parallel to the ground in the meaty part of your hand with your wrist straight not rolled back you will be stronger if you do this

Yes, I agree with you that I have some insufficiency in my wrists. It could be a weakness, or just bad technique that sort of became "codified" into my muscle memory, if you will. I think our form gets into our muscle memory, and we need to break it.

And I also feel it can take a solid few months or more for your body to "remember" that good form.

Keep in mind I was used to competing in strength contests where the form doesn't matter, as long as you lock it out!

So I think that's the issue.

I SHOULD stick to bodybuilding-only now...but I always have that instinct to lower my reps.

But, look, B. Hank - I don't have any problem with you pointing out my form being a bit off when it is. It's just this thing on here where people rip into others for minor things.

And I also don't admitting it: that set was one of my best sets. I mean...my lifetime PR is with the 105 dumbbells for three reps.

So it was a good lift for me. But it was really Walter Sobchak insulting me after that soured me on the whole experience.

I have NO PROBLEMS with you correcting my form - but saying I could to a foot lower, then Walter calling me a wreaking on a lift I worked hard for...it just annoyed me.

Like, take a look at how you look here - I can tell you that you look better than over 99% of people who go to gym in this shot.

I'm not going to sit around and cherry-pick flaws. You were obviously one-point here, and I respect that.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2023, 04:22:18 AM »
Matt C is superstrong

Q

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2023, 04:31:36 AM »
Matt is one strong dude.....no one here can say otherwise and be correct in doing so.

Thanks wes!

I've tried to focus on a bodybuilding program lately, but I always have that...you know...that draw to train to be strong. I'm sure you know what I mean.

The best way I can explain it to myself is:

I simply have a better genetics /or/ better response to strength training.

So I always sort of fall back into that style...you know?

;)
Yes,but his wrist position is questionable when pressing prodigious poundages.
 ::)

Hahaha!  ;D

Well, I mean...right?

I'm hoping to hit a new PR roughly by the end of this month, by pressing the 110-lb dumbbells overhead.

I don't think it will be pretty.  ;D

But, I mean - like you said, if you're handling decent weight and your form is a bit off...that's still respectable, no?

I will never have that "shelf" look your chest has, wes...so I've decided to put the focus on my shoulders, which actually respond, lol.  :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2023, 04:36:12 AM »
Thanks wes!

I've tried to focus on a bodybuilding program lately, but I always have that...you know...that draw to train to be strong. I'm sure you know what I mean.

The best way I can explain it to myself is:

I simply have a better genetics /or/ better response to strength training.

So I always sort of fall back into that style...you know?

;)
Hahaha!  ;D

Well, I mean...right?

I'm hoping to hit a new PR roughly by the end of this month, by pressing the 110-lb dumbbells overhead.

I don't think it will be pretty.  ;D

But, I mean - like you said, if you're handling decent weight and your form is a bit off...that's still respectable, no?

I will never have that "shelf" look your chest has, wes...so I've decided to put the focus on my shoulders, which actually respond, lol.  :)
Matt,you`re a smart guy,not Mensa genius level like Hanky though!  :D

Don`t ever take any critique from Hanky as being constructive, because as a lot of us here have found out,any accomplishment you or others here have achieved, he tears it/them down because he is simply a jealous kunt.

He`s jealous of you,whether he admits it or not.

Just be yourself ,except when it comes to long winded posts of course !  LOL  ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2023, 04:38:15 AM »
Wow - thanks guys!

I'm not trying to trash B. Hank. Just some days you feel like you nailed it...and then to have what you did get trashed like it was horrid. I had to scratch my head, honestly.

And look - I don't want anyone to think I am bragging. I do feel objectively that for my body weight, I have respectable strength. By NO MEANS am I trying to brag.

I am happy about the lift videos I post, obviously. But I've met so many top competitors in my life, it would be impossible for me not to be humbled.

Generally speaking, I try to give props where they are due.

Wes and B. Hank may have a beef, but both look better than me, so I won't intervene there.  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2023, 04:49:16 AM »
Wow - thanks guys!

I'm not trying to trash B. Hank. Just some days you feel like you nailed it...and then to have what you did get trashed like it was horrid. I had to scratch my head, honestly.

And look - I don't want anyone to think I am bragging. I do feel objectively that for my body weight, I have respectable strength. By NO MEANS am I trying to brag.

I am happy about the lift videos I post, obviously. But I've met so many top competitors in my life, it would be impossible for me not to be humbled.

Generally speaking, I try to give props where they are due.

Wes and B. Hank may have a beef, but both look better than me, so I won't intervene there.  ;D
Like I said earlier Matt,you are one strong SOB and you should be proud of it.....why not?

I remember critiquing your deadlift form because you hitched it,but you corrected me and informed that in Strongman contests hitching is allowed.....but who the fuck critiques wrist position when the lift is good.....only Jealous Hanky would nitpick cuz he`s jealous Hanky......a failure at the "Iron Game"  !!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #368 on: August 12, 2023, 05:38:35 AM »
Getbig should change it's name to Bhank.  He generates the most amount of comments on this board.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2023, 05:43:50 AM »
Yes, I agree with you that I have some insufficiency in my wrists. It could be a weakness, or just bad technique that sort of became "codified" into my muscle memory, if you will. I think our form gets into our muscle memory, and we need to break it.

And I also feel it can take a solid few months or more for your body to "remember" that good form.

Keep in mind I was used to competing in strength contests where the form doesn't matter, as long as you lock it out!

So I think that's the issue.

I SHOULD stick to bodybuilding-only now...but I always have that instinct to lower my reps.

But, look, B. Hank - I don't have any problem with you pointing out my form being a bit off when it is. It's just this thing on here where people rip into others for minor things.

And I also don't admitting it: that set was one of my best sets. I mean...my lifetime PR is with the 105 dumbbells for three reps.

So it was a good lift for me. But it was really Walter Sobchak insulting me after that soured me on the whole experience.

I have NO PROBLEMS with you correcting my form - but saying I could to a foot lower, then Walter calling me a wreaking on a lift I worked hard for...it just annoyed me.

Like, take a look at how you look here - I can tell you that you look better than over 99% of people who go to gym in this shot.

I'm not going to sit around and cherry-pick flaws. You were obviously one-point here, and I respect that.

Its a heavy lift but dig this you will be able to lift heavier if you don't open up your wrist letting the weight roll back like that. If you want to lift heavier keep the wrist tight and knuckles pointed to the ceiling with the dumbell up in the meaty part of the hand that way the weight is coming down straight on bone and not bending your hand backwards. Its a stronger position you are at a mechanical disadvantage the way you are doing it roll that hand forward and you will be able to press heavier weight. You want the dumbell above the forearm bones so it is resting on your skelatal frame not all the weight pulling your hand backward because the dumbell is behind your forearm with no bone below it for support. That is why they bend in because the side of your forearm is supporting one side as it dips and touches. you want the top of your forearms where they suppoert the meaty lower part of your pal suppporting the weight not the side of your forearm being pushed in. How can you not see that the dumbells are not in the right spot? Your knuckles should be facing the ceiling not the wall behind you. That will keep them parallal to floor and neither side will touch your forearm

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2023, 05:47:35 AM »
^^^^Spoken by the guy who does half squats,shaky uneven benches,and silly ass cheat curls that he thinks are done strictly........fucking clown !!  ::)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2023, 05:54:46 AM »

I was squatting pretty deep at the end of my last squat cycle. I am actually looking at getting a small outdoor rack for squatting here at the house. But I have to recover from surgery first

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2023, 06:09:12 AM »
You are ignoring this loser.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2023, 06:24:24 AM »
I was squatting pretty deep at the end of my last squat cycle. I am actually looking at getting a small outdoor rack for squatting here at the house. But I have to recover from surgery first

You’re better off with a good leg press and some sleds.   

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2023, 06:49:20 AM »
I am in this for the long term I know I will be in crazy shape again because I can’t wait to be cleared to train.
  Take it from a former power lifter that is now big into health and fitness, you will be dead and gone well before the long term. You almost died after your last contest. Resting heart rate 125? Suicide. You look very good for any age. Your VO2 Max is horrific, explosive strength fantastic, diet and excessive calories terrible. Just tempting the reaper to visit you in the next 10 years.