Author Topic: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !  (Read 394218 times)

WrongAdvices

• Getbig II
Re: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !
« Reply #12775 on: May 11, 2024, 12:49:31 PM »
If the goal was to look good on the beach, big and the gym around town, I’d say mission accomplished. On stage is a whole Nother ball game. A whole Nother level of condition a whole Nother level of presentation. That’s what’s separates him from JosSwift and big ro and Wes

And Marcus Cruz and Charles Arenas.  Having no one quality show up and beating two guys who look like they're on stage on a dare is nothing to brag about and yet he did, over and over and over.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12776 on: May 11, 2024, 02:19:00 PM »
Second week back training after nearly a month off with some horrendous bastard bug causing the worst cough I ever had and bad chest then got sickness bug on top that for some reason sank my blood pressure to the point that simply brushing teeth nearly made me pass out (had ecg to make sure heart was ok no issues there)

Longest I’ve ever had off training even after my heart attack I trained the day after I left the hospital haha better now but still 22lb down in weight

Back and legs (touch up workout both get their own workout during week

Stiff leg deadlift 1x7
Barbell row 1x9, 1x15
Single arm underhand hammer pulldown 2x9
Lying hamstring curl 2x14
Olympic pause squat 1x5, 1x8
Standing ham curl 1x13,6,5
Single leg press 2x9
Adductors 2x12, 1x21
Horizontal calf 3x14

Then took the dog on a walk in farmland as was nice evening, being sick sure makes you appreciate feeling good again haha

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #12777 on: May 11, 2024, 02:22:51 PM »
Second week back training after nearly a month off with some horrendous bastard bug causing the worst cough I ever had and bad chest then got sickness bug on top that for some reason sank my blood pressure to the point that simply brushing teeth nearly made me pass out (had ecg to make sure heart was ok no issues there)

Longest I’ve ever had off training even after my heart attack I trained the day after I left the hospital haha better now but still 22lb down in weight

[snip]

Then took the dog on a walk in farmland as was nice evening, being sick sure makes you appreciate feeling good again haha

Wow - sorry to hear that - but glad you're on the mend 👍
T

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12778 on: May 11, 2024, 02:24:21 PM »
Wow - sorry to hear that - but glad you're on the mend 👍

Cheers brother much better now

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #12779 on: May 11, 2024, 03:04:34 PM »

Stiff leg deadlift 1x7
Barbell row 1x9, 1x15
Single leg press 2x9
Adductors 2x12, 1x21
Horizontal calf 3x14

Good to hear you're back to being fighting fit 😊  👊🏻

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12780 on: May 11, 2024, 03:14:49 PM »

Good to hear you're back to being fighting fit 😊  👊🏻

Thank you my friend

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #12781 on: May 11, 2024, 03:37:47 PM »
Welcome back Henda

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12782 on: May 11, 2024, 04:10:42 PM »
Welcome back Henda

Thank you brother good to be back

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #12783 on: May 11, 2024, 05:47:38 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #12784 on: May 11, 2024, 06:19:33 PM »
Henda 👍..cheers

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12785 on: May 11, 2024, 10:34:53 PM »

Stiff leg deadlift 1x7
Barbell row 1x9, 1x15
Single leg press 2x9
Adductors 2x12, 1x21
Horizontal calf 3x14

I`m glad you're feeling better my British brother!  ;)

All the best!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #12786 on: May 11, 2024, 11:07:27 PM »

Stiff leg deadlift 1x7
Barbell row 1x9, 1x15
Single leg press 2x9
Adductors 2x12, 1x21
Horizontal calf 3x14

Finally a positive post. Great to see you back Henda, stay healthy!

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12787 on: May 12, 2024, 01:20:31 AM »
Ditto.
Henda 👍..cheers
I`m glad you're feeling better my British brother!  ;)

All the best!!!
Finally a positive post. Great to see you back Henda, stay healthy!

Thank you all my getbig brothers so glad to be back

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #12788 on: May 12, 2024, 02:43:09 PM »
Hamstring Curls

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #12789 on: May 12, 2024, 02:45:44 PM »
Hamstring Curls

Brutal.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12790 on: May 12, 2024, 02:46:37 PM »

Stiff leg deadlift 1x7
Barbell row 1x9, 1x15
Single leg press 2x9
Adductors 2x12, 1x21
Horizontal calf 3x14

yikes! Shit glad you’re doing better that sounds terrible

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12791 on: May 12, 2024, 02:51:55 PM »

WrongAdvices

• Getbig II
« Reply #12792 on: May 12, 2024, 04:04:00 PM »
Should be plenty to bring them up

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12793 on: May 12, 2024, 04:34:56 PM »

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #12794 on: May 12, 2024, 05:06:13 PM »
Glad you are back and it wasn’t your heart Henda.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12795 on: May 12, 2024, 05:25:00 PM »
yikes! Shit glad you’re doing better that sounds terrible
Glad you are back and it wasn’t your heart Henda.

Thank you my brothers

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #12796 on: May 12, 2024, 06:44:42 PM »
"In the most simple and basic of terms, the optimal volume range for most people is:

For each bigger muscle group: about 60-120 total reps PER WEEK.
For each smaller muscle group: about 30-60 total reps PER WEEK.
In more specific terms, this breaks down like this:

Chest: 60-120 reps per week.
Back: 60-120 reps per week.
Quadriceps: 60-120 reps per week.
Hamstrings: 60-120 reps per week.
Shoulders: 30-60 reps per week.
Biceps: 30-60 reps per week.
Triceps: 30-60 reps per week.
Calves: 30-60 reps per week.
Abs: 30-60 reps per week.

I get you guys think in terms of Sets and exercises but if you actually look at reps you get a better idea of your volume. 10 sets of 10 is the same as 5 sets of 20 both rep ranges are within hypertrophy.

Just because you do 3 exercises with 3 sets of 10 (90 reps) doesn't mean you have done more volume than 1 exercise 5 sets of 20 (100 total reps)

You guys spend more time switching exercises vs just hitting something hard

I did 94 reps of hamstring curls which is right in the middle of the ideal range yet you guys all freak out and tell me how horrible my training is do any of you ever read any actual studies on exercise training?

I train with the World Champion Strict curler and you tell me the program is wrong. You guys don't appear to know what the fuck your talking about.

Everyone says 6-12 sets per week for hamstrings but those are 10 rep sets. So 60-120 reps. I did 90 plus reps and you guys act like its crazy just because I did one exercise doesn't make it any less of a workout.

"Hamstrings: 6–12 sets per week. Romanian deadlifts, good mornings, and seated hamstring curls all work your hamstrings under a tremendous stretch. It doesn’t take much."

I also went up in weight and dropped the reps getting those heavy sets in as well as the initial blood flow. Can I do more yeah I plan to do deadlifst later this week but those are plenty of hamstring curls.

WrongAdvices

• Getbig II
« Reply #12797 on: May 12, 2024, 07:27:47 PM »
I agree, so far your hamstring sessions clearly show you know what you are doing.  94 reps is optimal as shown by

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #12798 on: May 12, 2024, 07:44:55 PM »
"In the most simple and basic of terms, the optimal volume range for most people is:

For each bigger muscle group: about 60-120 total reps PER WEEK.
For each smaller muscle group: about 30-60 total reps PER WEEK.
In more specific terms, this breaks down like this:

Chest: 60-120 reps per week.
Back: 60-120 reps per week.
Quadriceps: 60-120 reps per week.
Hamstrings: 60-120 reps per week.
Shoulders: 30-60 reps per week.
Biceps: 30-60 reps per week.
Triceps: 30-60 reps per week.
Calves: 30-60 reps per week.
Abs: 30-60 reps per week.

I get you guys think in terms of Sets and exercises but if you actually look at reps you get a better idea of your volume. 10 sets of 10 is the same as 5 sets of 20 both rep ranges are within hypertrophy.

Just because you do 3 exercises with 3 sets of 10 (90 reps) doesn't mean you have done more volume than 1 exercise 5 sets of 20 (100 total reps)

You guys spend more time switching exercises vs just hitting something hard

I did 94 reps of hamstring curls which is right in the middle of the ideal range yet you guys all freak out and tell me how horrible my training is do any of you ever read any actual studies on exercise training?

I train with the World Champion Strict curler and you tell me the program is wrong. You guys don't appear to know what the fuck your talking about.

Everyone says 6-12 sets per week for hamstrings but those are 10 rep sets. So 60-120 reps. I did 90 plus reps and you guys act like its crazy just because I did one exercise doesn't make it any less of a workout.

"Hamstrings: 6–12 sets per week. Romanian deadlifts, good mornings, and seated hamstring curls all work your hamstrings under a tremendous stretch. It doesn’t take much."

I also went up in weight and dropped the reps getting those heavy sets in as well as the initial blood flow. Can I do more yeah I plan to do deadlifst later this week but those are plenty of hamstring curls.

This same guy you quote above (in bold):

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/optimal-workout-volume/

Also then goes on to say the following:

"So, when it comes to intensity and figuring out how many reps you should do per set, here are the most widely accepted recommendations based on science and real world results…

* If your primary goal is increasing strength, then you should mostly train in the lower rep ranges (between 1-8 reps per set) and therefore at a higher intensity.

* If your primary goal is building muscle (or anything related to improving the way your body looks), then you should mostly train in the moderate rep ranges (between 5-12 reps per set) and therefore at a moderate intensity.

* If your primary goal is improving muscle endurance, then you should mostly train in the higher rep ranges (between 12-20 reps per set) and therefore at a lower intensity."

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/weight-training-intensity/

-----------

So based on the guy you yourself quoted to support your argument of reading actual studies, the overwhelming majority of your workout is more optimal for muscle endurance than building muscle/hypertrophy, and low intensity not "hitting something hard":

Hamstring Curls

WrongAdvices

• Getbig II
« Reply #12799 on: May 12, 2024, 09:52:39 PM »
This same guy you quote above (in bold):

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/optimal-workout-volume/

Also then goes on to say the following:

"So, when it comes to intensity and figuring out how many reps you should do per set, here are the most widely accepted recommendations based on science and real world results…

* If your primary goal is increasing strength, then you should mostly train in the lower rep ranges (between 1-8 reps per set) and therefore at a higher intensity.

* If your primary goal is building muscle (or anything related to improving the way your body looks), then you should mostly train in the moderate rep ranges (between 5-12 reps per set) and therefore at a moderate intensity.

* If your primary goal is improving muscle endurance, then you should mostly train in the higher rep ranges (between 12-20 reps per set) and therefore at a lower intensity."

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/weight-training-intensity/

-----------

So based on the guy you yourself quoted to support your argument of reading actual studies, the overwhelming majority of your workout is more optimal for muscle endurance than building muscle/hypertrophy, and low intensity not "hitting something hard":

Whenever there is something like this with him that just doesn't make any sense, it's a sign Hankins is hiding something.  What's the real reason he does high rep leg sets or trains hams and quads on separate days?  New injury or something else weird.