Author Topic: Tito is fighting Ken  (Read 3397 times)

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
Tito is fighting Ken
« on: April 28, 2006, 11:19:36 AM »
From Haze342

www.insidefighting.com

Talk about a rollercoaster ride.

Moments ago, Tito Ortiz left the doctor’s office in his hometown of Huntington Beach, California and finally got the official word as to the extent of his myriad of injuries suffered before and during his fight with Forrest Griffin at UFC 59 back on April 15. He called InsideFighting to break the news.

“The news is good and bad,” Ortiz told InsideFighting. “The good news is that my ACL is healing well. There are no serious tears. And my LCL is only stretched, so that will be fine, too. As for the bulging discs in my back, they’ve given me some anti-inflammatory pills and might go the route of a cortisone shot. That treatment plus some rest and I’ll be fine.”

And the bad?

“I suffered a broken leg when I checked a kick,” he admitted. “I fractured the fibula in my left leg. But the doctors said that it will be fully healed in four-to-six weeks.”

Unfortunately, the injuries guarantee that Ortiz won’t be able to compete at UFC 61 on July 8.

“I can’t fight in July because there won’t be enough time after my injuries heal to get into top shape,” he explained. “I would love for Zuffa to hold Ken Shamrock until August and let us fight at UFC 62. I’d definitely be ready to fight by then. But I know they won’t postpone the fight. They’re going to give him to Forrest Griffin instead.”

In fact, UFC President Dana White already announced that he is going to substitute in Griffin for the injured Ortiz against Shamrock on July 8. So that begs the question: If Tito could play matchmaker, who would he choose to fight next?

“I would prefer to fight Shamrock because there has been a ton of buildup for the fight,” he said. “It’s something that I’ve wanted for a long, long time. But Forrest is going to beat him in July and that will be the end of Ken Shamrock. That’s not all bad, though. I definitely want a rematch with Forrest so I can show the world how badly I’ll beat him when I’m healthy. So I want a rematch with Forrest Griffin in my next fight.”

Fifteen minutes after receiving that call, Ortiz called InsideFighting back with a massive exclusive update.

“It really came down to the fact that I’ll be 100 percent healed in four-to-six weeks and will have six weeks to train for Shamrock,” Ortiz said in a shocking revelation. That’s enough. I’ll be ready. I got home and decided that I don’t want to let the money go from a Shamrock fight, so I called Dana White and made his year. He was pumped when he heard that I’m willing to fight Shamrock on July 8, even though I have a broken leg. I just want to get back in there after the Griffin fight and give Shamrock a beating.”

But the broken leg?

“I’ll be ready,” he insisted. “I’ll let my leg heal and then will do my road work for six weeks and get into great shape. The broken leg isn’t as bad as a torn ACL would have been.”

Needless to say, Ortiz sounded down and upset when InsideFighting spoke with him multiple times over the last few days. But he was completely upbeat and excited in this last conversation, one where he delivered the news with conviction and purpose.

“This is the life of a fighter,” Ortiz laughed. “It’s an emotional rollercoaster. But I’m fighting Shamrock in July. I made my decision. I told Dana just a few minutes ago. It’s happening. What it really comes down to is being mentally strong. I’m excited. I really want to fight Shamrock. I don’t want to give that fight to Forrest, so I’m going to fight him no matter what.”

Tito Can show up in terrible shape and still be better conditioned than the old man
Giving 110%

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
Re: Tito is fighting Ken
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 11:26:01 AM »
sucks..i'd be fuckin pissed if i was forrest about getting the shaft over this fight! just because tito had a change of heart? what a girl  >:(

if he's already signed in do you still think they'll cut him? or offer him some sorta under the table goodness for giving up his spot to tito to keep things on even keel? if i was having to fight to eat...and got the shaft...i'd line tito's ass up to take what i lost on the fight out on his face  >:(

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 11:28:45 AM »
sucks..i'd be fuckin pissed if i was forrest about getting the shaft over this fight! just because tito had a change of heart? what a pussy  >:(

if he's already signed in do you still think they'll cut him? or offer him some sorta under the table goodness for giving up his spot to tito to keep things on even keel? if i was having to fight to eat...and got the shaft...i'd line tito's ass up to take what i lost on the fight out on his face  >:(

How about a fatal 3-way bout??   :D
Giving 110%

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 11:31:42 AM »
now THAT i'd pay to see!  ::)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:58:49 PM »
Tito Can show up in terrible shape and still be better conditioned than the old man

Lol,Tito can become a 2pack a day chain smoker, and still show up on July 8 better conditioned than "Old Shammy".
Predictions
 40/61

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 01:56:41 PM »
It'll be funny to hear Shamrock ask Tito "How's the leg?" Say what you will, Ken fought w/ a torn ACL, and that takes a set of grapefruits...

I have to admit I would've liked to see Griffin/Shamrock; that would have been a brawl!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 03:02:20 PM »
I think the acl and lcl injusries are overplayed and how broken can a leg be when a set of xrays has to tell ya that the freakin thing is broken ?

I'm tellin ya I was there and 19,000 people at the pond agreed that tito was gassed after 4 minutes of the first and he never caught his second wind,forrest figured him out and tito was out of ideas

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 04:12:11 PM »
I think the acl and lcl injusries are overplayed and how broken can a leg be when a set of xrays has to tell ya that the freakin thing is broken ?

I'm tellin ya I was there and 19,000 people at the pond agreed that tito was gassed after 4 minutes of the first and he never caught his second wind,forrest figured him out and tito was out of ideas

Ohhhh, thank you for that one.  I'm glad i'm not the only one who saw that.  For some reason people went to the pisser that last two rounds and missed that.  Now tito says he needs 6 weeks for cardio?  Give me a break!  He'll need alot more than that after little to no cardio for a month or two.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »
I think the acl and lcl injusries are overplayed

Ive tried training with a torn lcl, and it is a son of a bitch.  It is damn near impossible to run, wrestle, or throw kicks.  About the only thing I was able to do was light boxing workouts, and light Bjj.  Plus it's a weird kind of pain, it's not debilitating, but it's annoying as shit.
Predictions
 40/61

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 12:13:02 PM »
Ive tried training with a torn lcl, and it is a son of a bitch.  It is damn near impossible to run, wrestle, or throw kicks.  About the only thing I was able to do was light boxing workouts, and light Bjj.  Plus it's a weird kind of pain, it's not debilitating, but it's annoying as shit.

I tore my MCL; did yours always feel like it was going to give out on you?  Drove me f'n nuts...

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 12:36:50 PM »
I tore my MCL; did yours always feel like it was going to give out on you?  Drove me f'n nuts...

My knee just always felt unstable, like if I put any pressure on it, it would fall apart.
Predictions
 40/61

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 03:52:40 PM »
yaaaaawn
"Shut the F up and train"

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 04:37:12 PM »
my money is on tito this time... i got my tickets already.. i'll be there.. i'll take some pics..

jamie
grundle has no sack,

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 05:00:15 PM »
my money is on tito this time... i got my tickets already.. i'll be there.. i'll take some pics..

jamie

tix hav'nt even gone on sale yet

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 09:04:38 PM »
so what show will the those tickets get you into?

E
E

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 10:05:38 PM »
tix hav'nt even gone on sale yet

bullshit what the fuck would you know...remember i have a pro card for KOC... I get them early quit following me mutt.
grundle has no sack,

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 10:06:30 PM »
so what show will the those tickets get you into?

E

I actually have two sets.. for the hughes vs gracie and then the tito vs shamrock.. they fly me out. and send me 2 tickets.  GEO FUCK YOURSELF.
grundle has no sack,