Author Topic: Dorian Pic from 92  (Read 29697 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Dorian Pic from 92
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2006, 07:01:16 PM »
Momo's back BLOWS Dorian's (AND EVERYONE ELSE'S!) AWAY!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!

I suppose you never read the interview where The Shadow mentions that Momo was his inspriation for building such a big, barn-door back? ::) In the interview, Dorian said he competed in a contest where Momo was also competing (and though I'm not sure of it, Momo may have also won, but again I'm not sure) and Dorian said when Momo turned around he (DY) felt dwarfed and knew he had to bring his back up in order to beat Momo. ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2006, 07:03:16 PM »
I suppose you never read the interview where The Shadow mentions that Momo was his inspriation for building such a big, barn-door back? ::) In the interview, Dorian said he competed in a contest where Momo was also competing (and though I'm not sure of it, Momo may have also won, but again I'm not sure) and Dorian said when Momo turned around he (DY) felt dwarfed and knew he had to bring his back up in order to beat Momo. ;)

Ture story !! after losing to Momo at the NOC Yates felt it was due to Momo having a thicker back so he went back to the drawing board and low and behold .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2006, 07:04:23 PM »
  Ronnie's back actually is thicker there. Look at the lats in particular. That's not even Ronnie's back at its best. It was better in 99. Ronnie is not maximizing his width in that pose anyway. I don't think the size advantage would be moot because Ronnie's lower body was still incredibly sharp at 287. Dorian would be destroyed like Jay.

Oh come on , now way is Ron thicker in that pic dude , I'm sorry , Yates has him clearly in thickness & in detail and in hardness !!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2006, 07:05:58 PM »
Oh come on , now way is Ron thicker in that pic dude , I'm sorry , Yates has him clearly in thickness & in detail and in hardness !!

They are tied in detail, Yates wins hardness and Ronnie wins thickness. Ronnie also wins the "X-Factor" category. That's two wins for Ronnie and one for Dorian. Ronnie wins.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2006, 07:06:20 PM »
dorian's upper back is better than Ronnie's in that shot. But Ronnie's arms also kill dorians in that shot and they are a very important part of the back.

However, ronnie's back improved by leaps and bounds, and easily beat dorian's in the back double bi only a few short years later:

much better than Dorian's. and it still improved from there!
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2006, 07:07:08 PM »
They are tied in detail, Yates wins hardness and Ronnie wins thickness. Ronnie also wins the "X-Factor" category. That's two wins for Ronnie and one for Dorian. Ronnie wins.

The only edge Coleman has in that pic is great biceps !!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2006, 07:11:24 PM »
dorian's upper back is better than Ronnie's in that shot. But Ronnie's arms also kill dorians in that shot and they are a very important part of the back.

However, ronnie's back improved by leaps and bounds, and easily beat dorian's in the back double bi only a few short years later:

much better than Dorian's. and it still improved from there!

Dorian's ENTIRE back is better than Ron's in that pic and the only edge he would have in 98 is.........( drum roll ) ............ much better biceps !!  and Hulkster you do realize that when asking for competitors to do the rear double bicep pose , they ask for one leg back and flex the calf !! and Ronnie in 98 vs that pic has better detail vs the pic with Yates and Yates has that as well , couple with greater width , thickness and hardness .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2006, 07:14:49 PM »
nd Hulkster you do realize that when asking for competitors to do the rear double bicep pose , they ask for one leg back and flex the calf !!

yup, just like in the ab and thight pose the judges ask for one leg extended flexing the quad, something that dorian NEVER did and should have been asked to do so.  The judges looked the other way because the Mr. O. can't be made to look bad.  Had he done the pose correctly, it would have exposed his horrible quads (from the front)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2006, 07:21:44 PM »
yup, just like in the ab and thight pose the judges ask for one leg extended flexing the quad, something that dorian NEVER did and should have been asked to do so.  The judges looked the other way because the Mr. O. can't be made to look bad.  Had he done the pose correctly, it would have exposed his horrible quads (from the front)

First of all his midsection was very sharp for a guy his size and his quads were fine ,his upperquad serpartion was overdevloped or just oddly shapped , however his lower quads were excellent , so stop grasping at straws  :D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2006, 07:27:04 PM »
You two just never stop...do you's? ::)
For awhile, GetBig had a break from the debates. But now you two are back at it. Same pics, same arguments, over and over and over and over and over!!!!
Just respect both of them, and be done with it!!! >:(

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2006, 07:28:19 PM »

dorian's quads have never, ever, been 'fine".

Flower Boy Ran Away

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2006, 09:58:05 PM »
ND, admit it, you jones for Dorian the same way that Hulkster desires Ronnie.  You are blind in your devotion.  The pic you show of Ronnie is back in 1994 or so.  Coleman wasn't that good then.  In 1998 and 1999, Coleman would have blown away the one armed, droopy persona you so adore.  Why don't you show some pics of Ronnie when he was really large.  Yes, his detail might not match Dorians, but his muscle shape and thickness shits all over Yates.  To those who compare the two, consider that Yates got beat by a dude who was five feet tall.  To state that Coleman wouldn't have won because of results from before is ludicrous.  Also, did anyone ever really take a good look at Yates in 1997.  You think Ronnie was gifter his 2001 win....sheesh.  Here are some pics of Ronnie in August 2002 before the Mr. Olympia. Unfortunately, he dieted a lot of this muscle off before the show but learned better in 2003.  The muscle shape compared to Yates is incomparable.  Ronnie crushes him.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2006, 09:59:08 PM »
Here is another shot.  Look at those delts and arms.  Not to mention his thickness.  Remember, this is almost six weeks out from the show.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2006, 10:00:38 PM »
ND, compare this to your boyfriends relaxed pose.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2006, 07:42:41 AM »

amazing :o
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2006, 07:49:50 AM »
Interesting:

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2006, 07:58:18 AM »

dorian's quads have never, ever, been 'fine".

His quads were fine , the only problem you can comment on is his upper quads look either overdeveloped or just plain oddly shapped , his lower quads were fine and overall his quads matched his upperbody and they matched his calves , and ironic you post a pic from the 1991 Olympia because I recall Lenda saying Yates' is like Haney with better legs !!  ;)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2006, 08:05:39 AM »
Yates was nothing like Haney.  Haney had a way better taper.  His lats started lower and his upper back to this day was thicker.  His lower back was not as good, but he too had sick conditioning.  Haney's chest destroyed Dorian.  Arms were similar in that both were sub-par for Mr. Olympians.  However, Haney could do a vacuum and Dorian probably lost that ability when he was 14.  Dorian's legs were thicker, but their shape is average.  Haney's were cut up at least.  Overall, Haney had a lot more class to his physique.  I will say it again, if Momo would have lived and been born just six inches taller, he would have been a multiple time Mr. Olympian.  Yates did not beat him at all in that Mr. Olympia posedown above.  The judges may have called it that way, but they are the of the same breed who state Chick beat Rusty Jeffer's.  Politics, unfortunately, make it very difficult to have a level playing field.  BTW ND, why don't you comment on the lack of thickness and shape of Ronnie's shots above.  I can hear it now, Yate's arms are fuller thus better  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »
ND, admit it, you jones for Dorian the same way that Hulkster desires Ronnie.  You are blind in your devotion.  The pic you show of Ronnie is back in 1994 or so.  Coleman wasn't that good then.  In 1998 and 1999, Coleman would have blown away the one armed, droopy persona you so adore.  Why don't you show some pics of Ronnie when he was really large.  Yes, his detail might not match Dorians, but his muscle shape and thickness shits all over Yates.  To those who compare the two, consider that Yates got beat by a dude who was five feet tall.  To state that Coleman wouldn't have won because of results from before is ludicrous.  Also, did anyone ever really take a good look at Yates in 1997.  You think Ronnie was gifter his 2001 win....sheesh.  Here are some pics of Ronnie in August 2002 before the Mr. Olympia. Unfortunately, he dieted a lot of this muscle off before the show but learned better in 2003.  The muscle shape compared to Yates is incomparable.  Ronnie crushes him.

The B&W pic of Ronnie & Dorian is NOT from 94 , they were never compared Yates' was first and Ronnie was dead last , I believe the pic is from 96 but it could be from 97 , either way Ronnie was around his ideal weight of 250lbs

Thickness & density is ine aera Ronnie doesn't compare with Yates in the least , and I'll give you that Ronnie does have some better shaped muscles but so does Yates , so its tit for tat , couple that with Dorian's much better balance & proportion and it clear to those who are not emotionaly envolved ( You & Hulkster ) that Yates would just hand Ronnie is ass again

And this front latspread easily beats Ronnie's  Oh and he is a few weeks out from the Olympia

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2006, 08:12:29 AM »
Yates was nothing like Haney.  Haney had a way better taper.  His lats started lower and his upper back to this day was thicker.  His lower back was not as good, but he too had sick conditioning.  Haney's chest destroyed Dorian.  Arms were similar in that both were sub-par for Mr. Olympians.  However, Haney could do a vacuum and Dorian probably lost that ability when he was 14.  Dorian's legs were thicker, but their shape is average.  Haney's were cut up at least.  Overall, Haney had a lot more class to his physique.  I will say it again, if Momo would have lived and been born just six inches taller, he would have been a multiple time Mr. Olympian.  Yates did not beat him at all in that Mr. Olympia posedown above.  The judges may have called it that way, but they are the of the same breed who state Chick beat Rusty Jeffer's.  Politics, unfortunately, make it very difficult to have a level playing field.  BTW ND, why don't you comment on the lack of thickness and shape of Ronnie's shots above.  I can hear it now, Yate's arms are fuller thus better  ::)

I'm not saying Yates should have won in 91 , that was Haney all the way , I was commenting on what Lenda said about it quads and up until that time NO ONE could match Haney's back , Dorian did and he had a much better lowerback .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2006, 08:13:47 AM »
Here is another shot.  Look at those delts and arms.  Not to mention his thickness.  Remember, this is almost six weeks out from the show.

Big deal Yates has em covered on everything except biceps !!

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2006, 09:27:31 AM »
ND - your behaviour is absurd

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2006, 09:44:15 AM »

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2006, 10:11:15 AM »

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2006, 10:24:43 AM »
Ha ha, Ronnie craps on him everyway except calves.  Please, in 2003, he looked like that in the show.  Please, Dorian's greatest pics were B&W photos which add a certain something anyway.  He is not as wide or thick.  His arms, even in 2003, were average.  Big but no shape.  Ronnie blows him away.