Author Topic: Cutting Diet: My Diet  (Read 1551 times)

Eulogy

• Getbig III
  • May the bridges I burn light the way
Cutting Diet: My Diet
« on: April 28, 2006, 06:04:13 PM »
Hey everyone,
I've begun my Spring/Summer routine of cutting some of the 'hibernation' fat I seem to accumulate over the winter months. I am not looking to enter into a BBing competition or anything of that nature; simply to feel healthier and look better come the warmer days.

Anyways, I am 170.00 pounds and I feel that I have about 10 unwanted pounds on my body. I have been using this diet for the past two weeks, and I'm feeling fantastic and I know that loosing weight is a gradual process for me, because I don't want to tun into someone who looks gaunt and/or emactiated due to under-eating or over-dieting.

My daily meal schedule goes like this:
Before Work:
Breakfast - 1 1/2 cups of salad with mixed veggies; 2 TSP balsamic dressing (my largest fat intake for the day)
During Work:
Lunch #1 - 1/2 can of tuna mixed in mayo, with green onion (about 2 to 2 1/2 hours after my breakfast)
Lunch #2 - 1/2 can of tuna mixed in mayo, with green onion (about 2 to 2 1/2 hours after my second meal)
After Work:
Meal #4 - 2 whole eggs mixed with 1/3rd cup of milk, chopped red peppers, celery stick and 1 slice of marble cheese (this is directly after my cardio)
Meal #5 - 2-3 ounce pepper steak (sometimes with a side of corn or another salad alike breakfast; roughly 3 hours after meal #4)
Meal #6 - 1 cup of instant rice mixed with 2-3 TSP of salsa (roughly 2-3 hours after meal#5)

My meal times vary to accomdate my job's weekly shift. However I usually eat 1 hour after waking up and then every 2-3 hours until bedtime.

I perform 15-20 minutes of intense cardio either directly after work if my shift start is before 8 A.M. - or if it is after 8 A.M., I will do my cardio before work, after getting up, and then switch my breakfast salad for meal #4 and vise versa.

I'm gradually bringing my cardio sessions up to 30 minutes, but I don't intend to push them past that. I'm using my cardio more as a metabolism jump-starter instead of lengthy sessions which I feel aren't as productive for my body type.

Due to an injury over the winter, I am also starting to incorperate a weight-lifting workout back into my routine. It'll be around 30-45 minutes, 6 days a week at a different time than my cardio; more than likely between meal 5 & 6 - more for endurance and functional strength than mounds of muscle.

How does my diet look? Any suggestions? I've omitted actual weights of my foods, because I don't weight them. But my meal sizes are well-sized for someone of my stature and weight (goal weight that is)...

Thanks again for the advice,
Cheers,
Eulogy.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Cutting Diet: My Diet
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 06:59:52 PM »
I suggest you look at some of the sample diets above.  Your protein intake is way too low and you should have some complex carbs like oatmeal and/or brown rice early (ier) in the day.
:

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 07:17:49 PM »
def. need the rice earlier...and up the complex carbs more...youre gonna burn too much muscle and be flat as a pancake

Eulogy

• Getbig III
  • May the bridges I burn light the way
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 07:37:28 PM »
Thanks for the response, I do appreciate the advice. However in regards to the sample diets above - none of them are really applicable to my needs; in terms of side-dishes/snacks (although the general idea from that thread I do understand and look to put into action i.e. post workout meal being the biggest protein intake etc.). I'm not a BBer and I'm not wanting to maintain all my muscle mass. I have a great bone structure that allows me to carry minimal weight and still not look tiny. I will definately look to switching the rice, perhaps taking it as a second for lunch as well as adding a second serving as an addition to my breakfast salad; making my tuna into one full meal and then adding a 2-3 ounce chicken breast in replace of my last meal. I will never eat oatmeal again - I did that for a year straight, day-in, day-out, and now the smell alone makes me gag.

Also, I didn't mention ('tis my fault) my drinking habits. I have 2 protein shakes a day, 2 scoops each. Plus I drink roughly 1 1/2 - 2 litres of milk daily, plus O.J. and water.

There's not much more I can add to my diet (in terms of additional meals), considering I do not enjoy eating - it is more fuel than comfort for me. Moreover, due to circumstances that need not be discussed, certain foods I cannot tolerate whatsoever - so the aforementioned list of items, albeit limited, is almost /all/ the sources of food I can eat.

Any suggestions on how to maximize the meal plan I already have? I.e. 4 eggs instead of 2, 2 steaks instead of 1... etc.

Once again, I appreciate all the comments Princess L and Coltrane, I'll definately consider them and any further advice anyone has to offer please reply as you see fit.

Sincerely,
Eulogy.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 12:32:31 AM »
u definitely need to add a lot more complex carbs in ur first meal in the morning. don't be afraid of carbs, but taper off as the day goes on. around 8, 9 pm cut them out completely unless you workout late at night and need a carb-rich post-workout shake.