Author Topic: Gold's Gym history articles, books, comments, inputs  (Read 6078 times)

marilia05

• Getbig I
Gold's Gym history articles, books, comments, inputs
« on: April 29, 2006, 07:57:15 AM »
Hello,
Gold's Gym just opened it's first facility here in Brazil - São Paulo. I visited, did a couple of workouts there and I very seduced. Now I'm writing a few articles - both for the Brazilian and for the international audience about this issue and I want to give them a strong historical perspective. I'm researching material on Gold's Gym history, but I welcome any inputs on this.
Marilia Coutinho

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Gold's Gym history articles, books, comments, inputs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 10:58:24 AM »
Let me see what I can do.  My friend and my kids godfather is Pete Grymkowski who used to own Gold's.  He visit Brazil quite often and was looking to buy a place down there on some fancy island I can't remember the name of.  As far as I know he is in Mexico right now till the end of May.  He has a place down there.  I will email him and see what he is doing.  He would be great to interview since he bascially knows the best stories.

Jeff Preston

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 12:10:28 PM »
Ken Sprague, who sold Gold's to Old Cannonball and friends posts often on Ironage.us and has shared several stories.
We have opened the forum for all to read so you can click here to read all of Ken's posts!
http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;u=1020;sa=showPosts
Raw-Iron.com

marilia05

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 02:29:25 PM »
Let me see what I can do.  My friend and my kids godfather is Pete Grymkowski who used to own Gold's.  He visit Brazil quite often and was looking to buy a place down there on some fancy island I can't remember the name of.  As far as I know he is in Mexico right now till the end of May.  He has a place down there.  I will email him and see what he is doing.  He would be great to interview since he bascially knows the best stories.

You're kidding!!!! Too good to be true!! Please, please, do try to put me in touch with him, I'll be eternally grateful and... wow! Whatever info you need about the project, about me - anything: feel free to write and ask, ok?
Marilia Coutinho

marilia05

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 02:33:21 PM »
Ken Sprague, who sold Gold's to Old Cannonball and friends posts often on Ironage.us and has shared several stories.
We have opened the forum for all to read so you can click here to read all of Ken's posts!
http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;u=1020;sa=showPosts

Jeff, thx so much, but the message at the page says: "registration is currently disabled" and there is no way to view the content without it... I know it is asking a lot, but could you copy the contents and e-mail them to me, if it's not too much trouble and any type of privacy violation?
thanks again...
Marilia Coutinho

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 02:49:29 PM »
Jeff, thx so much, but the message at the page says: "registration is currently disabled" and there is no way to view the content without it... I know it is asking a lot, but could you copy the contents and e-mail them to me, if it's not too much trouble and any type of privacy violation?
thanks again...
ironage gets on my nerves.....

not very "user" friendly

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 07:29:57 PM »
Wow I wish Ken would post here. There are no bad posts here, I make sure of that.  Can you imgaine if Pete and Ken were here.  Oh my!

marilia05

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 04:07:23 AM »
Marilla try these individual threads (We'll be re-opening our membership soon)

YES! YES! YES! They worked, thanks a lot Jeff!
Marilia Coutinho

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 03:31:41 AM »
Wow I wish Ken would post here. There are no bad posts here, I make sure of that.  Can you imgaine if Pete and Ken were here.  Oh my!

You would be welcome over at Ironage.

The Beef

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 06:47:28 PM »
You would be welcome over at Ironage.

The Beef

Lol, do you even lift?