Author Topic: Gamma-O out of money?  (Read 6579 times)

Gamma-O President

• Getbig II
Re: Gamma-O out of money?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 10:03:06 AM »
As the president of Gamma-O I would like to tell you all the Chris Cook Story.  Let me start by saying we pay all of our athletes and we have never been unfair to any of them.  In fact we just added Phil Baroni and Razor Rob to our stable of winners.  No one other then Chris has ever been let go.  I like Chris as a person and think he is a great guy.  I have no animosity toward him.

Gamma-O and Muscular Development were drawing a contract between us and Chris.  MD and Gamma-O never signed the deal yet we at Gamma-O were paying him for the use of his picture until the deal was finalized.  When I started this whole thing with Chris he was 230 pounds and has not lifted a weight in 8 months.  He sold me on the fact that his body needed the rest and he was going to come back bigger, harder and better then ever before.  I saw the fire in his eyes and I believe that he would.

During the course of negotiating he came in dead last 3 shows in a row including the Arnold.  I spoke to Chris about his conditioning after the first show (IronMan) and offered to hire the services of John O’reagan who helped me when I was competing as well as some top ranked pros that Chris knew.  Chris said he had it under control and then came in soft for every show.  I see the potential in Chris and think he will go far in the sport when he learns to dial in.  I can not afford to pay someone while they are learning.  MD was first to back out then without them we could not afford Chris on our own.  We have many athletes on our team and all are getting paid. 

I would also like to say I spoke to Jimmy Mentis on the phone and explained the whole thing to him.  I cant believe he would write that BS on here without calling me first.  That's not his style so I doubt thats really him.  Jimmy if you have an issue with me you have my number dont be scared to call me.

John Napolitano
President
Gamma Enterprises LLC
www.GammaO.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 11:29:17 AM »
He looks great in contest condition.  He took a lot of heat on the boards after doing that guest posing.  He also refunded that promoter's check for the evening, a class move. 

I don't think we'll ever see Cook in ripped shape again.  He's going to try for 2 years, then fade.  His dream is to be a poor man's Bobo Chick, and he's on his way!

A poor man's Bob Chick? I had no idea there was a rich man's Bob C......... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 11:33:55 AM »
As the president of Gamma-O I would like to tell you all the Chris Cook Story.  Let me start by saying we pay all of our athletes and we have never been unfair to any of them.  In fact we just added Phil Baroni and Razor Rob to our stable of winners.  No one other then Chris has ever been let go.  I like Chris as a person and think he is a great guy.  I have no animosity toward him.

Gamma-O and Muscular Development were drawing a contract between us and Chris.  MD and Gamma-O never signed the deal yet we at Gamma-O were paying him for the use of his picture until the deal was finalized.  When I started this whole thing with Chris he was 230 pounds and has not lifted a weight in 8 months.  He sold me on the fact that his body needed the rest and he was going to come back bigger, harder and better then ever before.  I saw the fire in his eyes and I believe that he would.

During the course of negotiating he came in dead last 3 shows in a row including the Arnold.  I spoke to Chris about his conditioning after the first show (IronMan) and offered to hire the services of John O’reagan who helped me when I was competing as well as some top ranked pros that Chris knew.  Chris said he had it under control and then came in soft for every show.  I see the potential in Chris and think he will go far in the sport when he learns to dial in.  I can not afford to pay someone while they are learning.  MD was first to back out then without them we could not afford Chris on our own.  We have many athletes on our team and all are getting paid. 

I would also like to say I spoke to Jimmy Mentis on the phone and explained the whole thing to him.  I cant believe he would write that BS on here without calling me first.  That's not his style so I doubt thats really him.  Jimmy if you have an issue with me you have my number dont be scared to call me.

John Napolitano
President
Gamma Enterprises LLC
www.GammaO.com

Did his contract say that he had to place in the top 10 or 5 all the contests he entered and did it specifically say that the contract would be null and void if he didn't place in a certain place?

If not then your statements on Getbig are only another sucker punch to add to the mistreatment of your sponsered athlete.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 11:38:01 AM »
So does this mean Gamma O will be on sale, kinda like a fire sale?

puredrive

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 11:52:18 AM »
without having the specific contract stipulations in front of you how can you all jump on the bandwagon and assume something was done so horribly. also, any company has a right to decide to no longer employ (pay for the drugs and supps of) any athlete/employee if that person is misrepresenting the company in a negative way. cook by giving the money back to that promotor so much as admitted that he was misrepresenting himself in that condition. if you were paying a guy to look like a freak to push your product, then that guy doesnt train and doesnt look like a shadow of his former self, would you want to continue to pay for that contract?
do they have an obligation? maybe. but is this business and just the way shit goes sometimes? yes. will he fight it in court? probably. will he win? maybe. one could assume that the contract was made under the assumption of a specific condition. one that cook himself promised to come in as. and that due to his lack of that condition and subsequent lack of acceptance of assitance he breached the contract. in which case, sorry, but no money.
and as for the other athletes. dont just assume that nobody has been getting paid. unless you hear it from the mouth directly of that other person dont write it here like it is fact based. prove your point or dont try to make one. i have seen one word on sherdog about any fighters not being paid. and many MMA fighters post there. someone would have said something by now.

Gamma-O President

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 12:06:12 PM »
Maybe you all misunderstood my last post.  We never signed his contract.  HE NEVER HAD A CONTRACT WITH US. I paid him to use his likeness until the contract was finalized.  If you look on Sherdog you will see that I sponsored fighters that did not get paid by there other sponsors and I paid them myself and then went after the sponsors for the money.

KTFO did not pay a bunch of guys.  Here's the video of me fighting him in XFO.

I am an athlete and I would never mistreat any of them.  Just got off the phone with Jimmy Mentis and he told me he did not post anything negitive about us.

John Napolitano
President
Gamma Enterprises LLC
www.GammaO.com

RHINO290

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 12:09:22 PM »
Maybe you all misunderstood my last post.  We never signed his contract.  HE NEVER HAD A CONTRACT WITH US. I paid him to use his likeness until the contract was finalized.  If you look on Sherdog you will see that I sponsored fighters that did not get paid by there other sponsors and I paid them myself and then went after the sponsors for the money.

KTFO did not pay a bunch of guys.  Here's the video of me fighting him in XFO.

I am an athlete and I would never mistreat any of them.  Just got off the phone with Jimmy Mentis and he told me he did not post anything negitive about us.

John Napolitano
President
Gamma Enterprises LLC
www.GammaO.com

For the record, I completely understand what you have stated and agree with the decision.

Now hurry up and sign the Rhino!!!!!!!

Steve Blechman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 02:12:35 PM »
I would like to set the record straight as far as MD's position with the Chris Cook, Gamma-O agreement.  Gamma-O and Cook negotiated and entered into an agreement and MD was not a party to that agreement.  In fact, MD never entered into an agreement with Chris Cook.  As part of the Gamma-O -- Cook agreement, Chris agreed that he would do a monthly column.  MD did publish some of Chris Cook's columns, but when Gamma-O made the decision to no longer employ Chris as their athlete, MD had no other choice but to terminate his column.  The decision to sign Chris Cook was Gamma-O's, and it was Gamma-O's decision to terminate him.  As far as John Napolitano stating that MD pulled out first, that is incorrect.  We had nothing to pull out of, again the contract was between Gamma-O and Chris Cook and once they decided to terminate, we could no longer continue the column.  I felt it was important for MD to also set the record straight.

Steve Blechman
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief, Muscular Development
President/CEO, Advanced Research Press

ronian

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 02:21:38 PM »
I would like to set the record straight as far as MD's position with the Chris Cook, Gamma-O agreement.  Gamma-O and Cook negotiated and entered into an agreement and MD was not a party to that agreement.  In fact, MD never entered into an agreement with Chris Cook.  As part of the Gamma-O -- Cook agreement, Chris agreed that he would do a monthly column.  MD did publish some of Chris Cook's columns, but when Gamma-O made the decision to no longer employ Chris as their athlete, MD had no other choice but to terminate his column.  The decision to sign Chris Cook was Gamma-O's, and it was Gamma-O's decision to terminate him.  As far as John Napolitano stating that MD pulled out first, that is incorrect.  We had nothing to pull out of, again the contract was between Gamma-O and Chris Cook and once they decided to terminate, we could no longer continue the column.  I felt it was important for MD to also set the record straight.

Steve Blechman
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief, Muscular Development
President/CEO, Advanced Research Press

So Gamma-O is deciding what athletes get columns in MD?  I know that is probably not the case for all the athlete columns but is this a standard type deal where a supp company agrees to do advertisements in return for MD giving their sponsored athletes a column?  I guess I am a bit naive as to how content was determined in your mag.