Author Topic: Quincy Taylor - PDI bound??  (Read 9879 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Quincy Taylor - PDI bound??
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 08:56:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Jack....

I appreciate you recognizing that I haven't bashed/ disrespected the PDI (nor will I).

My point was that the half of the lineup you think you would have beaten at last years NY Pro, isn't the group the paying public was paying to see...they pay to see the names.

By perception isn't based on my affiliation with the IFBB, NPC, or any of the 25+ year friendships, associations I've built...it's based on simple economics and knowing what people are willing to pay for.

Much like there were some damn good athletes in the USFL, XFL, WCW, etc....the bottom line was the fans didn't embrace them, and didn't support them with their dollars.

There are  some good athletes in Europe...that no one knows here, that no one knows anything about...the key would to try and create a fanbase with magazine exposure. Will the mags be receptive to showcasing athletes that don't live here on a reg basis? Will European sponsorship last for long with shows put on in the US?

There are a million questions that have yet to be answered...and the only way they will get answered is when the first PDI show takes place. Until then we can speculate all we want, and it's good fodder for the boards...thats about it.

I wish you the best my friend, hopefully this will work out for yourself and the other athletes involved.

Great input, Chick!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 09:12:16 AM »
It all depends on the quality of the competitors.  That will determine if the PDI lives or dies.  If there are guys onstage from NABBA europe that rival our pros(do these guys exist?) ,the scuttlebutt on the boards will heat up immediately and jump start interest in the PDI. If the best it can offer is guys who can place 15th at an IFBB show, then who really cares. Oh. I forgot about Lee Preist. In my opinion he's a tier 2 guy who's very popular, but not a credible #1 BBer. Too many glaring flaws to be a champion. Bob Chic or Rhino would be better champs than Priest, they have championship caliber frames.

RHINO290

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 09:16:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Jack....

I appreciate you recognizing that I haven't bashed/ disrespected the PDI (nor will I).

My point was that the half of the lineup you think you would have beaten at last years NY Pro, isn't the group the paying public was paying to see...they pay to see the names.

By perception isn't based on my affiliation with the IFBB, NPC, or any of the 25+ year friendships, associations I've built...it's based on simple economics and knowing what people are willing to pay for.

Much like there were some damn good athletes in the USFL, XFL, WCW, etc....the bottom line was the fans didn't embrace them, and didn't support them with their dollars.

There are  some good athletes in Europe...that no one knows here, that no one knows anything about...the key would to try and create a fanbase with magazine exposure. Will the mags be receptive to showcasing athletes that don't live here on a reg basis? Will European sponsorship last for long with shows put on in the US?

There are a million questions that have yet to be answered...and the only way they will get answered is when the first PDI show takes place. Until then we can speculate all we want, and it's good fodder for the boards...thats about it.

I wish you the best my friend, hopefully this will work out for yourself and the other athletes involved.

Chick, as I expected, you answered with class and dignity, thats why I am a fan of yours. Thank you for the respect, seriously,, and yes,, we shall see.

On a different note, got to say, I was on an elevator with you and some powerlifters @ the Arnold, in the hotel. I just had to say, you were cracking on liners, and I was laughing my ass off.

When you retire form comp. you should be a comdedian, you are funny aas hell.

I continue to be one of your fans.....

jack

RHINO290

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 09:18:50 AM »
It all depends on the quality of the competitors.  That will determine if the PDI lives or dies.  If there are guys onstage from NABBA europe that rival our pros(do these guys exist?) ,the scuttlebutt on the boards will heat up immediately and jump start interest in the PDI. If the best it can offer is guys who can place 15th at an IFBB show, then who really cares. Oh. I forgot about Lee Preist. In my opinion he's a tier 2 guy who's very popular, but not a credible #1 BBer. Too many glaring flaws to be a champion. Bob Chic or Rhino would be better champs than Priest, they have championship caliber frames.

Well thank you, and I think you make great points.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 10:22:45 AM »
Chick,

I can understand your position on this.  But you do know that you are the absolute LAST person in the world that athletes will reveal their intentions to.  You appear to be a pipeline to manion.  So the bigger IFBB names who will jump after the summer IFBB shows are going to deceive you, obviously.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 11:23:35 AM »
Chick, as I expected, you answered with class and dignity, thats why I am a fan of yours. Thank you for the respect, seriously,, and yes,, we shall see.

On a different note, got to say, I was on an elevator with you and some powerlifters @ the Arnold, in the hotel. I just had to say, you were cracking on liners, and I was laughing my ass off.

When you retire form comp. you should be a comdedian, you are funny aas hell.

I continue to be one of your fans.....

jack

Great ideas, Jack!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 11:24:03 AM »
Chick,

I can understand your position on this.  But you do know that you are the absolute LAST person in the world that athletes will reveal their intentions to.  You appear to be a pipeline to manion.  So the bigger IFBB names who will jump after the summer IFBB shows are going to deceive you, obviously.

Once again...wrong as usual. Thats what happens when you THINK your a part of what goes on, but in actuality...are nothing more than a wannabe on the internet...

In reality...I'm the FIRST person they confide in, as I have made a LOT of money for a LOT of athletes. They know this, and respect my opinion of whats in their best interest. It doesn't affect me either way, whether they choose to compete in the IFBB or any other federation...

If anything, the success of the PDI only makes MY position stronger, as it gives me (and thus, the athletes) a better bargaining position and leverage at the table.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 11:24:59 AM »
Once again...wrong as usual. Thats what happens when you THINK your a part of what goes on, but in actuality...are nothing more than a wannabe on the internet...

In reality...I'm the FIRST person they confide in, as I have made a LOT of money for a LOT of athletes. They know this, and respect my opinion of whats in their best interest. It doesn't affect me either way, whether they choose to compete in the IFBB or any other federation...

If anything, the success of the PDI only makes MY position stronger, as it gives me (and thus, the athletes) a better bargaining position and leverage at the table.

You're a great athletes rep, Chick! Keep up the good work!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 11:28:33 AM »

Bob, you're kidding, right?  The fact that 6 ppl showed up for the athletes rep meeting shows that you are not trusted.  "It doesn't affect you either way"- Incorrect.  You clarified on getbig that you were the "IFBB" athlete's rep, not a Professional BBer rep. 

If an athlete goes to you and confides that they are considering jumping to the PDI, it will affect their IFBB placings, period.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 11:30:18 AM »
Bob, you're kidding, right?  The fact that 6 ppl showed up for the athletes rep meeting shows that you are not trusted.  "It doesn't affect you either way"- Incorrect.  You clarified on getbig that you were the "IFBB" athlete's rep, not a Professional BBer rep. 

If an athlete goes to you and confides that they are considering jumping to the PDI, it will affect their IFBB placings, period.

6 people might have showed up because the rest are fine with the way the IFBB operates. It says nothing about whether or not Chick is trusted.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 11:41:08 AM »

Yes, the IFBB athletes rep...so how does someone competing in the PDI, or NABBA, affect me in any way?

If an athlete confides in me they are jumping to the PDI, it won't affect their placings in the IFBB...they won't be competing in the IFBB.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 11:55:36 AM »
Yes, the IFBB athletes rep...so how does someone competing in the PDI, or NABBA, affect me in any way?

If an athlete confides in me they are jumping to the PDI, it won't affect their placings in the IFBB...they won't be competing in the IFBB.

Excellent point, Bob!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »
Chick................... ...let's assume there are no legal ramifications whatsoever

240 aka Rob shows up at a show your in/co-hosting/making an appearance etc

would you knock his two front teeth out

yes/or no ?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 12:30:15 PM »
Chic I think you're a little wrong when you say the people come only to see the big names in a BB show.  If that was the case then NPC shows would have hardly any people come see them.  The Emerald Cup would be vacant.  Rusty Jeffers placing of 8th place wouldn't be an issue.  People come to see a show.  They want to be entertained.  As like Jack said there are some monsters in Europe that could do very well in the IFBB.  Only a select few are competing in the IFBB.  Wayne is going after the masses again.  Trying to bring back Bodybuilding the way it used to be.  He is wants as many of the PDI Pros to be marketable to a wider demographic than IFBB pros.  Coleman is the perfect example.  He is not very marketable yet he is the reighing Mr. Olympia.  Sure he is in Muscle mags and does stuff within the industry but that is such a small demographic. And he is not really in that much stuff within the industry.  Grabbing a wider audience is going to make the PDI successful, not just BB fans.  Get mre peopel interested in your product or service and more people will come to the shows.  The way Wayne is working the PDI will open more avenues for the pros to make money and expand their marketability.

And really the IFBB should have no problem with athlete cometing in both IFBB and PDI events. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 12:31:19 PM »
I would think that Chick would thank me for the many opportunities to deliver his message successfully to the many that visit the boards.  For asking the tough questions, for challenging him to do the best job possible for the IFBB athletes.

LifterChick

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »
Bob, you're kidding, right?  The fact that 6 ppl showed up for the athletes rep meeting shows that you are not trusted. 

Your just upset that only 5 people attended your birthday party.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »

Bob, if an IFBB athlete posted on getbig that the PDI was interesting and they he *may* consider jumping to it in 5 months, do you think the judges would punish that athlete with lower scores at the next IFBB show?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 12:33:23 PM »
Your just upset that only 5 people attended your birthday party.

weird. you're quiet for 4 days, then the first minute me and bob start chattin, you're here to parrot every point he makes.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LifterChick

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 12:34:58 PM »
Chick......................let's assume there are no legal ramifications whatsoever

240 aka Rob shows up at a show your in/co-hosting/making an appearance etc

would you knock his two front teeth out

yes/or no ?

Doubt it, but Tosha would  :D

weird. you're quiet for 4 days, then the first minute me and bob start chattin, you're here to parrot every point he makes.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

pssst...been busy with this thing called life.
I am touched you missed me though, I missed you too snookumms  ;)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2006, 12:35:52 PM »
chick wouldnt assault anybody he aint a creep

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2006, 12:40:13 PM »
In the real world, trashy girls who swing on strangers to 'make a point' end up getting beat down, arrested, prosecuted, etc etc.

On a message baord, it's fun to think that I'd be picking up my teeth and slithering away while lil' ol tosa giggles.  But in real life,

How ironic of you to point this out, coz in the real world, guys who weigh 160 lbs with absolutely no lifting background/knowledge wouldn't walk up to a 240+ lb bodybuilder and mouth themselves off ;)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2006, 12:41:42 PM »
How ironic of you to point this out, coz in the real world, guys who weigh 160 lbs with absolutely no lifting background/knowledge wouldn't walk up to a 240+ lb bodybuilder and mouth themselves off ;)
:)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2006, 12:43:09 PM »
I'm 208 and solid today, 13% BF.
I finally learned you need protein EVERYDAY, not just on weekends.

LifterChick

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2006, 12:44:36 PM »

This one is just too easy...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2006, 12:45:01 PM »

get the dried snowflakes off you shirts