Author Topic: Undeniable proof of FBI corruption / election interference  (Read 2682 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Undeniable proof of FBI corruption / election interference
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2023, 06:22:59 PM »
LOL! I rather doubt it. And I am confident enough that I am correct to not to bother 'googling it'. The term public servant is not one I like. Why? To call them servants is demeaning considering the responsibility these folks take on.
Demeaning? We the people put them in those positions that they seek out to "serve" us. Problem is they have forgotten who they serve and they views us as their subjects.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2023, 06:33:06 PM »
Demeaning? We the people put them in those positions that they seek out to "serve" us. Problem is they have forgotten who they serve and they views us as their subjects.

You are not wrong. What is also often the case is that the more times politicians get reelected, the more likely they are to forget why they hold the office they do. But as long as much of the voting public is lazy and chooses to remain uninformed about the candidates they elect, the less they have the right to complain. When something is broken. Fix it... and the sooner the better. Gives new meaning to the idea of  ‘deferred maintenance.’

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2023, 07:10:26 PM »
Thanks for the corrections... seriously.

Two thoughts come to mind. One is 'cut and paste' reduces errors (at least in my case) and clarifies details which some folks prefer to overlook because opinions and not facts are key to so many Getbig discussions.  Second, the length of the term was not my point. All legislators are elected by their constituents. Senator Diane Feinstein was 90 years old when she passed. There was one year left in her current term. The last time she was elected to the Senate, she was 85 years old and clearly geriatric, yet her constituents reelected her for another 6 years.

My observations stand, if folks want younger more vibrant people in elected positions, the ball is in their court. This is not ‘rocket science!’

The point is there are already age limits preventing only younger people from being elected, see previous post. Likewise, if 34 is too young to be President and 29 too young to be Senator, why was a fossil like Feinstein fine at 90 years old or Strom Thurmond at 99 years old, who had to be wheeled in the Senate while barely understanding what's going on around them? Obviously incumbency plays a big role and is pretty much an "auto-pilot" feature that usually guarantees perpetual re-election. Cognitive tests will probably not do much but imagine in the case some career politician with 30+ year career failed that test, there would immediately be accusations of political bias, even if they are valid. I think term limits combined with age limits (minimum and maximum) are feasible. But I think I already strayed too far from the original discussion topic and I don't want to derail Grape Ape's thread.