Author Topic: off the meds  (Read 9575 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: off the meds
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2023, 03:01:40 PM »
Is this something that is brought on or exacerbated by the holiday season?

It could be helpful to just take a change of pace a bit and do things you normally don't do.  Take walks, avoid negative sources on tv and in your life, self reflection, etc.

Or maybe you should just hang a punching bag in the garage and let it all out.  Pound out every single frustration and annoyance you have gone through.  Pound until your mind calms or your arms fall off. 

Hoping you get through it bro.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2023, 03:04:46 PM »
Is this something that is brought on or exacerbated by the holiday season?

It could be helpful to just take a change of pace a bit and do things you normally don't do.  Take walks, avoid negative sources on tv and in your life, self reflection, etc.

Or maybe you should just hang a punching bag in the garage and let it all out.  Pound out every single frustration and annoyance you have gone through.  Pound until your mind calms or your arms fall off. 

Hoping you get through it bro.

I dont really do Xmas, wife does it all, if it werent for her I wouldnt bother at all

People mostly do Xmas because they think they have to, they dont really want to.

Buying gifts for people you dont like who dont appreciate them.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2023, 03:35:47 PM »
I dont really do Xmas, wife does it all, if it werent for her I wouldnt bother at all

People mostly do Xmas because they think they have to, they dont really want to.

Buying gifts for people you dont like who dont appreciate them.

Well aren't you the life of the party shocked you don't have a full Holiday calendar of invitations to bring your Holiday cheer you miserable girl

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2023, 03:36:38 PM »
Do you think your life might have been different if you had received treatment?

For being awesome?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2023, 03:37:50 PM »
Well aren't you the life of the party shocked you don't have a full Holiday calendar of invitations to bring your Holiday cheer you miserable girl

Brian, you didnt even have a best man at your wedding, not only that not a single "buddy" there at all.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2023, 03:38:30 PM »
For being an awesome failure in everything i have tried?
fixed

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2023, 03:48:51 PM »
Some natural options that help with depression/mood:

B12 and B9 vitamins in strong dosages, methyl form is better (Methyl Cobalamine, Methyl Folate)
Deficiency in those vitamins cause depression.

Herbs:

Hypericum perforatum (St John's wort) - For Depression.

Mucuna Pruriens - Dopamine Enhancer.

Valeriana Officinalis L. - For Anxiety, Sleep Disorders.

Passiflora Incarnata - Anxiety, Sleep Disorders.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2023, 04:14:55 PM »
Do you think your life might have been different if you had received treatment?

Brian do you admit you have mental illness?

Are do you think you are normal?

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2023, 05:03:00 PM »
Being depressed is kind of the lazy man’s approach to live. I’m not passing judgment but being positive, working hard, and getting after it takes a lot of work.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2023, 05:34:00 PM »
I mean venlafaxine is the harshest drug to quit, never mind doing it cold turkey. It targets both serotonin and norepinephrine. In the old crazy-meds forum it used to say that people who are on it often stay for life because they cannot quit.

Just curious, did you get the electric shock sensation in the brain? The feeling of fainting at the slightest move of the eyes?

Yes I did, that's what I referred to as the constant lightheaded feeling. It's more annoying than anything. Reason I get back on it is I'm scared of panic attacks - the reason I take the drug in the first place. It doesn't do much for my depression but does curb major panic attacks. And I'm sure anyone who's had panic attacks can testify how scary and debilitating they can be. I'm wholly incapacitated by them, nonfunctional. The brain zaps I could take no problem.

What's confusing to me is how some scientists say antidepressants do not work at all which is proven by statistics and placebo controlled studies supposedly. Wheras others say they are the most successful drugs in history. I'm convinced they do work, no doubt at all. Seen a bunch of people who swear they helped them. But it's fucked how you can't
prove it through science according to some/many. Many have this childish notion that all synthetic drugs are crap, how psych drugs are designed to fuck you up further. Appeal to nature fallacy. Smoke weed and do shrooms, they are only good for you because they are "natural." But heroin and cocaine and alcohol are also natural.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2023, 05:38:20 PM »
Yes I did, that's what I referred to as the constant lightheaded feeling. It's more annoying than anything. Reason I get back on it is I'm scared of panic attacks - the reason I take the drug in the first place. It doesn't do much for my depression but does curb major panic attacks. And I'm sure anyone who's had panic attacks can testify how scary and debilitating they can be. I'm wholly incapacitated by them, nonfunctional. The brain zaps I could take no problem.

What's confusing to me is how some scientists say antidepressants do not work at all which is proven by statistics and placebo controlled studies supposedly. Wheras others say they are the most successful drugs in history. I'm convinced they do work, no doubt at all. Seen a bunch of people who swear they helped them. But it's fucked how you can't
prove it through science according to some/many. Many have this childish notion that all synthetic drugs are crap, how psych drugs are designed to fuck you up further. Appeal to nature fallacy. Smoke weed and do shrooms, they are only good for you because they are "natural." But heroin and cocaine and alcohol are also natural.

I think this is for depression though. The studies confirm it they are not really better than placebo or as I remember not statistically significant.

They work much better for anxiety. If you're high strung they calm you the hell down. The numb down effect does wonders for a mind that lets too much in.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2023, 05:42:19 PM »
Being depressed is kind of the lazy man’s approach to live. I’m not passing judgment but being positive, working hard, and getting after it takes a lot of work.

You can see it that way, but you could also suspect that sometimes it's out of the individual's control. Depression and mental illness are partly heritable, meaning it's in the genes. Plenty of people will testify that depression suddenly came out of the blue, for "no reason." It's said that basically all people have a depressive episode at least once in their life. Therefore it's conceivable that some people have a higher susceptibility to depression which might then be a life long issue.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2023, 05:50:51 PM »
I mean venlafaxine is the harshest drug to quit, never mind doing it cold turkey. It targets both serotonin and norepinephrine. In the old crazy-meds forum it used to say that people who are on it often stay for life because they cannot quit.

Just curious, did you get the electric shock sensation in the brain? The feeling of fainting at the slightest move of the eyes?

Is it , My meds are being changed & I've been given Venlafaxine XL
Early days yet though its lifted me already - they want to increase dosage.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2023, 05:51:29 PM »
I think this is for depression though. The studies confirm it they are not really better than placebo or as I remember not statistically significant.

They work much better for anxiety. If you're high strung they calm you the hell down. The numb down effect does wonders for a mind that lets too much in.

The two conditions are often interlinked. I don't remember the data on anxiety specifically though. Some antidepressants can increase anxiety, like if you take an NRI or Wellbutrin etc. It's claimed that Wellbutrin doesn't have the emotional flattening or dulling as a side unlike the SRIs, but works for depression. Of course it's actually not known for sure how exactly these drugs work and "they" admit it. Some antidepressants actually lower or block serotonin receptors so the serotonin theory has been challenged.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2023, 05:55:36 PM »

Is it , My meds are being changed & I've been given Venlafaxine XL
Early days yet though its lifted me already - they want to increase dosage.

Personally I wouldn't take it but if things are bad and nothing else works, it makes sense. There are no atheists in foxholes, you just want the torment to stop.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2023, 06:02:38 PM »
Personally I wouldn't take it but if things are bad and nothing else works, it makes sense. There are no atheists in foxholes, you just want the torment to stop.

I'd like the rollercoaster ride & crazy mad thoughts to give it rest definitely.

Lived with it & let it ruin / damage my life before I manned up & Confronted
Myself & my crazy mind.

Hope I get a few decent years if its possible- sure as hell ain't going to put up
With it otherwise now I'm older - Fuck That.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2023, 06:04:22 PM »
I'd like the rollercoaster ride & crazy mad thoughts to give it rest definitely.

Lived with it & let it ruin / damage my life before I manned up & Confronted
Myself & my crazy mind.

Hope I get a few decent years if its possible- sure as hell ain't going to put up
With it otherwise now I'm older - Fuck That.

It's a strong drug, it will likely stabilise things. All the best, sincerely.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2023, 06:19:21 PM »
I remember being depressed as early as age 12 or before that.

It`s an emotional illness......you are way off base in your post IMO.

I used to have a buddy that would tel me  whhenever I go depressed "to put a rubber band around my head and snap myself out of it" !!

If it were only that easy.

Feeling sad,hopeless,unloved, and having a feeling of impending doom on a constant basis is no fun,no matter what type of monetary value you possess or how hard you work at a high level job or if you were a garbage man just eking out a miserable barely tolerable existence.

Depression and anxiety do not discriminate that`s why it`s a "zillion dollar" business via selling medication.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2023, 06:24:22 PM »
You can see it that way, but you could also suspect that sometimes it's out of the individual's control. Depression and mental illness are partly heritable, meaning it's in the genes. Plenty of people will testify that depression suddenly came out of the blue, for "no reason." It's said that basically all people have a depressive episode at least once in their life. Therefore it's conceivable that some people have a higher susceptibility to depression which might then be a life long issue.

Be a man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2023, 06:24:46 PM »
It's a strong drug, it will likely stabilise things. All the best, sincerely.

Hey,  Thanks.

I'm not raising my expectations to high, yet hoping for some positivity. 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2023, 06:25:43 PM »
I remember being depressed as early as age 12 or before that.

It`s an emotional illness......you are way off base in your post IMO.

I used to have a buddy that would tel me  whhenever I go depressed "to put a rubber band around my head and snap myself out of it" !!

If it were only that easy.

Feeling sad,hopeless,unloved, and having a feeling of impending doom on a constant basis is no fun,no matter what type of monetary value you possess or how hard you work at a high level job or if you were a garbage man just eking out a miserable barely tolerable existence.

Depression and anxiety do not discriminate that`s why it`s a "zillion dollar" business via selling medication.

Fuck you are a pussy

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2023, 06:26:32 PM »

Bullshit

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2023, 06:27:08 PM »
You are ignoring this user.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2023, 07:32:32 PM »
Brian when the ancient Greeks came up with stoicism they had someone like Epictetus in mind, not some bottoxed pussy ass bitch fag like you.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2023, 11:21:04 PM »

Be a man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism

I'm familiar with that. Plus the popular off-shoot mindfulness, which incorporates some of those ideas. You have to be stoic to go on living with a lot of pain. But plenty of strong men have struggled throughout history. Many have had the "dark night of the soul."