Author Topic: "Proper Form" is the biggest bullshit in BBing  (Read 1708 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: "Proper Form" is the biggest bullshit in BBing
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2024, 04:14:19 PM »
I replicate branch and Johnny Jackson’s form as the bbers to follow

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2024, 12:17:32 AM »
TRAIN DAILY LIKE A PSYCHO, AND LIVE ON DONUTS AND PIE AND GET BACK TO ME WITH UPDATED PICS.

Diet is imperative if you want to look good.......not so important if you want to impress the uninformed in WalMart.
Someone should patent, package and sell the WalMart diet and exercise plan.

"Get the fat, flabby body that needs to get around in a cart in only 90 days!"

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2024, 12:37:22 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2024, 12:55:54 AM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2024, 01:49:44 AM »
Brutal but true.

That’s all it really is

genetics + drugs, that’s it

Training is lifting a weight and putting it down, really not all that rocket science which it’s made out to be

If you are going to grow you will grow

If you aren’t meant to have a big chest all the drugs and lifting won’t do any good, improvements to it, sure but if your genetics aren’t there, doesn’t matter

Same with big calves, peak biceps, etc

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2024, 02:40:59 AM »
Proper form is the term used by "experts" in books videos and other "exercise scientific" books etc. It is taught in every classroom or personal training certification courses.  And it is DEAD WRONG for bodybuilding.  They say/teach that crap to prevent getting sued. They tell their clients to do it and that way less chance of injury and also to keep them coming back.  They make little to no progress but the "expert" trainer keeps telling them it takes time so keep paying me and we will keep doing it the "right" way. I have NEVER seen any top bodybuilder or really any decent bodybuilder do "proper" form.  You need the shorter range of movement to apply stress on the biggest and strongest part of the muscle to cause growth.

A recent "big thing" is emphasizing training a muscle in the lengthened position as research has shown a muscle hypertrophies mmost when stressed in the lengthened position. So now they do partials in the lengthened position. I can believe it, why not. However the question is to how big an impact it has in real life. As you say, many good bodybuilders avoid lengthened positions altogether.

An example

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxtswDYsKNm/?igsh=cnJ6eDNoNmR4amk3

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2024, 12:04:22 AM »
That’s all it really is

genetics + drugs, that’s it

Training is lifting a weight and putting it down, really not all that rocket science which it’s made out to be

If you are going to grow you will grow

If you aren’t meant to have a big chest all the drugs and lifting won’t do any good, improvements to it, sure but if your genetics aren’t there, doesn’t matter

Same with big calves, peak biceps, etc
Yeah, people overthink stuff.

JK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2024, 06:11:44 AM »
"Beyond that, don’t get caught up with all the details spewed out of the mouths of every card-carrying-weekend-online-personal-training certificate holder trying to tell you that you HAVE to keep your elbows tucked to your sides, arms perpendicular to the floor, don’t go past ninety degrees, slightly bend at the knees, breathe in, now breathe out, don’t lock out, two seconds on the way down, four seconds on the way up, 10 more, 9, 8, good, 7, 6 more, you can do it … Somebody shoot me in my “$&@:/#” face so I don’t have to listen to that any more!"
Stan Efferding