Author Topic: Frank Zane  (Read 3152 times)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Frank Zane
« on: February 05, 2024, 05:23:56 PM »
He said some funny shit roasting some of his contemporaries. The most surprising was what he said about Dickerson.

Arnold- on tv after the 79 Olympia he tells Arnold that winning his 3rd Olympia felt even better than beating Arnold in the Mr. Universe. He says Arnold called him up and was pissed that Frank said that. He says 'Arnold you love it when the joke's not on you. Lighten up!'

Chris Dickerson in 1982- "Chris was so arrogant that year, fuck you! You're lucky to have your 'mentor' Bill Pearl going around putting a bug in the judges ears.'

Franco- 'Franco won the Mr Olympia with a bitch tit and a gimp leg.'

Bill Pearl - He hit whatever poses he wanted. He didn't listen to the judges. He wasn't cut or ripped and they gave him the win.

Arnold - he said 'if people say you're great, that's what you want to hear. If you have to tell people you're great, you just sound like a fool '

I saw he was on Dennis James podcast from a few months ago and he just seemed elderly, a little cranky I guess, hard of hearing , a little impatient etc...he's got to be in his 80's.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
Re: Frank Zane
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 01:07:53 AM »
Frank is 82 now. He's always been a bit kranky and aloof. But a great BB.
Tells it like he see's it at least. Unlike many ass-kissers in IFBB history.

He even dissed Basile in a major way...  Vince is still very butt-hurt over it, you can tell.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 06:12:45 AM »
82.  Wow.

It's hell to get old.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 06:33:52 AM »
82.  Wow.

It's hell to get old.

The alternative is worse though.

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 06:39:06 AM »
He said some funny shit roasting some of his contemporaries. The most surprising was what he said about Dickerson.

Arnold- on tv after the 79 Olympia he tells Arnold that winning his 3rd Olympia felt even better than beating Arnold in the Mr. Universe. He says Arnold called him up and was pissed that Frank said that. He says 'Arnold you love it when the joke's not on you. Lighten up!'

Chris Dickerson in 1982- "Chris was so arrogant that year, fuck you! You're lucky to have your 'mentor' Bill Pearl going around putting a bug in the judges ears.'

Franco- 'Franco won the Mr Olympia with a bitch tit and a gimp leg.'

Bill Pearl - He hit whatever poses he wanted. He didn't listen to the judges. He wasn't cut or ripped and they gave him the win.

Arnold - he said 'if people say you're great, that's what you want to hear. If you have to tell people you're great, you just sound like a fool '

I saw he was on Dennis James podcast from a few months ago and he just seemed elderly, a little cranky I guess, hard of hearing , a little impatient etc...he's got to be in his 80's.

Love to hear these stories!  hardcore old school BB from the main source.

Too bad Zane being a legend has to be with Mike O tren on Youtube .... I can't stand that fraud of a BB ,,,  Had to unsubscribe from GI thanks to him.

WooooSHHHHHHHHHHHHh 

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 07:26:04 AM »
My favorite pic of Zane. And of course our board tard Bhank will claim he looks better, lol

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 08:04:20 AM »
My favorite pic of Zane. And of course our board tard Bhank will claim he looks better, lol

Put up a pic of him at 46 years old he was DJ size at 46

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024, 08:15:42 AM »

So speaks the bio-identical turd of the interwebs.  You look like something Carl Spackler fished out of the Bushwood pool.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2024, 08:16:55 AM »

He beats you hands down
I think he was 46 here

50 here

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2024, 08:18:45 AM »
one of his best shots

and he def could have ass pounded females like this so.... why the fuck didn't he what the hell is wrong with him ??? ??? ???

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2024, 08:23:29 AM »
fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i can look exacty like this and i will in 2 months i'll be VERY VERY CLOSE sans the legs, IT SHALL BE says the djer

damn what a song!!! makes me think maybe it's ok to be a sweetie closey with a girl

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 08:56:21 AM »

lol - Now I know this is a troll account, hahahaha

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 09:03:57 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2024, 09:06:06 AM »
Fantastic Frank.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2024, 09:28:38 AM »
Zane never seemed like the kind of chemistry teacher who would light his farts with the Bunsen burner. Therefore, he’s a nobody in my book.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2024, 09:50:22 AM »
Zane never seemed like the kind of chemistry teacher who would light farts with the Bunsen burner. Therefore, he’s a nobody in my book.

AJ made a write-up of pro bb's who visited deland back in the early 70's and zane is one of the bb's who talked bout so was coe and arnold

i'll try and find this write-up

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2024, 09:59:29 AM »
Frank Zane was kind enough to let my son and I come to his home to pick up some books for my oldest brother along with a poster (all of them signed!) of Frank and Christine.  I did not go into his home nor did I meet his loverly wife but I can assure you that he is a gentlemen in the real world.

This was 15 or so years ago.  My older brother also met him when Leo Stern introduced him to Frank at a contest many years ago.  Outside of Steve Reeves, to me Frank Zane is perhaps the best example of a genuine physical culturist.  A sound mind in a sound body.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2024, 10:05:29 AM »
He beats you hands down
I think he was 46 here

50 here

Zane has no legs in this pic at 46 they do not even exist he is maybe 170lbs about DJ size my arm is bigger than that leg

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2024, 10:11:33 AM »
Zane has no legs in this pic at 46 they do not even exist he is maybe 170lbs about DJ size my arm is bigger than that leg

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2024, 10:24:48 AM »

and your quads are akin to Paul Demayos at his best

Fucks sake Brian, why dont you replicate the pose for us

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2024, 10:35:43 AM »

Slim but excellent physique.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2024, 10:51:10 AM »
here ya go, who's who?

SUBJECT “A”

A man of about thirty when I first met him, the winner of many physique contests – but a seething mass of emotions under an apparently calm exterior. Atypical in that he was willing to work and was reasonably successful in his own business.

I had been out of direct contact with the body building field for a number of years when I first met this subject, and I was then unaware of the use of drugs by bodybuilders – but he openly admitted that he was using at least one type of drug, and told me that he was as yet undecided about the effects, if any. Ten years later he heatedly denied ever having used drugs of any kind during several conversations on the subject and roundly condemned other leading bodybuilders for being “drug freaks;” but in another conversation – apparently having forgotten his previous denials – he admitted that he had used drugs, “once.”

During my first contact with this individual I broached the subject of weight-training but immediately realized that doing so was a mistake, his totally closed-minded attitude was far too obvious to overlook; so, since our relationship was not based upon physical training activities, and since I liked him as an individual, I never opened the subject with him again for a period of about ten years.

In the meantime, information that I considered of great significance had gradually come to my attention as a result of my continuing interest in the field of weight-training – and eventually, I felt that I should at least attempt to communicate some of these new developments to the individual under discussion. Which attempt was made – with, up to the moment, entirely negative results; at first he pretended interest while obviously not understanding even the basic principles involved – later he apparently started to suspect that there might at least be some financial opportunity, and he then promised full cooperation, but somehow always managed an excuse for failing to live up to any of his promises – still later, by which time the financial opportunity was obvious, he attempted, in his own words, “to jump on the bandwagon,” but he still failed to live up to any of his promises – finally, in cooperation with a number of associates, he started making outright attempts to belittle the significance of the new developments, while at the same time attempting to produce and market exercise machines based on the new principles, which principles he plainly did not understand.

When reports of his actions – which contrasted sharply with his statements – first reached me, I called him and asked for an explanation; and he denied all of the reports that had been brought to my attention. Repeatedly. Finally, in an effort to get the facts, I sent a friend around for the purpose of making an investigation, and then I telephoned and demanded an explanation.

During the course of a one-hour telephone conversation, his emotions ran the gamut from calm denials of obvious fact to outraged and irrational accusations; but he still attempted to deny undeniable facts.

None of which above-listed reactions are limited to bodybuilders, of course – but all of which (apart from this individual’s attitude towards gainful employment) seem to be typical of at least a very high percentage of advanced bodybuilders. Eighty percent? Ninety percent? Ninety-five percent? I don’t know, exactly – but a very, very high percentage.

SUBJECT “B”

A man of thirty-five, married to – or at least living with – a woman with a rather large number of children. While claiming a somewhat better than average educational background that qualified him for high school-level teaching positions, he sought low-paying employment in Florida in order, he said, to be able to devote most of his time and attention to body building training. In spite of his education, this subject avidly read all of the body building periodicals and admittedly believed everything he read.

Loud and pushy in situations where he felt confident, he was extremely hesitant and obviously unsure of himself in unfamiliar situations. Quick to jump to mistaken conclusions based on misunderstood hearsay, he was just as quick to change sides. Totally without regard for the rights or feelings of other people, he expected great consideration from everybody.

In the end he made the mistake of offering drugs to one of my children.

SUBJECT “C”

Approximately thirty, the picture of a man – or, at least, his picture of a man; sporty automobile, flashy clothes, unused sporting equipment of a wide variety, a wig. In short, a great assortment of possessions and attitudes, none of which were unusual or significant in themselves – but all of which, taken together, spelled “self doubt”.

In common with the previously-mentioned subjects – and with a very high percentage of advanced bodybuilders – everything in his life was strictly secondary to his body building aspirations.

SUBJECT “D”

In his late twenties, the owner of a business in a field related to the primary subject of this bulletin – which in itself is apparently part of an emerging pattern, since most advanced bodybuilders seem to eventually become involved commercially in the field. A cause – or an effect? Are such people unable to conform to normal society? Are they rejected by society and thus forced to seek the company of their peers?

While almost all advanced bodybuilders are jealous of contemporaries, and critical in the extreme, they nevertheless go to great lengths to seek approval from their imagined competition. Competition for what? Just what are the prizes, where is the hoped-for reward – the approval of an extremely closed society of individuals like themselves, who are apparently constitutionally incapable of bestowing actual approval on anybody? But this subject was atypical in that he could not – or would not – conform to the accepted rules of even his own chosen society, and was thus openly rejected even by his own. Perhaps a result of the fact that – unlike most advanced bodybuilders – he had been make independent by inherited wealth?

SUBJECT “E”

In his early twenties, an extreme example of a self-created freak – at least capable of apparently relaxed charm, an uncommon trait among bodybuilders in general: perhaps the result of having reached what he probably considers an unchallengeable pinnacle in his own limited world? Or is he really as confident as he appears on the surface? And if so, why must he make such efforts to constantly reprove himself?

This subject displays a trait that is currently very commonly encountered in body building circles – deceit; having lied about their measurements, their body weights, their strength, their training routines, and many other things almost as a matter of course, many advanced bodybuilders finally drift into a habit of habitually lying about almost everything.

SUBJECTS “F”, “G”, “H”, etc.

Having a lot in common with the general pattern of character traits displayed by the subjects mentioned above, the typical advanced bodybuilder of the moment is certainly not the “Ideal Man” described by weight-training publications.

The only question of real importance seems to be, “… are such traits a cause, or an effect.”

But the fact of these common traits is beyond question; and under the circumstances, it is only common sense to question the whole subject. There are exceptions, of course, but on the whole the character traits outlined above are extremely common – far more common than might be expected, far too common.

I can offer no solution to the problem – but I have personally learned to approach bodybuilders with great suspicion, expecting the worst.

and this tune.... FUCK YEAH!!!! just remembered it and had it blasting while i slammed up 205 for 5 decline gulliotenne style

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2024, 10:54:46 AM »

He isn't anywhere near 46 in those pics

tacobender

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2024, 10:54:56 AM »
He has a big cock (no homo)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2024, 10:56:39 AM »
and your quads are akin to Paul Demayos at his best

Fucks sake Brian, why dont you replicate the pose for us

Because I am not updating for 2 months but yeah my legs are pumped separated and vascular. His are clearly not in that pic