Author Topic: Jon Andersen and insulin?  (Read 1705 times)

JK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Jon Andersen and insulin?
« on: February 28, 2024, 04:23:41 AM »
i=Z4XH1Kg-hh3vx3aP
This is Jon Andersen - strongman (won the title of Strongest Man in North America 2003), former wrestler and IFBB professional bodybuilder. He hasn't eaten carbohydrates for over 30 years. At his peak he ate 700-750 g of protein a day and lots of fats. Trace carbohydrates only come from vegetables. Do you think guys it's possible to achieve this form without exogenous insulin, and if not, how did Jon cope with insulin injections without carbohydrates?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
Re: Jon Andersen and insulin?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 04:28:33 AM »
i=Z4XH1Kg-hh3vx3aP
This is Jon Andersen - strongman (won the title of Strongest Man in North America 2003), former wrestler and IFBB professional bodybuilder. He hasn't eaten carbohydrates for over 30 years. At his peak he ate 700-750 g of protein a day and lots of fats. Trace carbohydrates only come from vegetables. Do you think guys it's possible to achieve this form without boat loads of hormones exogenous insulin, and if not, how did Jon cope with insulin injections without carbohydrates?

:)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 05:57:13 AM »
Looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.

JK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 06:05:33 AM »
This is a video from 8 years ago. Now he is 52 years old and still in good shape.

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 06:36:24 AM »
i=Z4XH1Kg-hh3vx3aP
This is Jon Andersen - strongman (won the title of Strongest Man in North America 2003), former wrestler and IFBB professional bodybuilder. He hasn't eaten carbohydrates for over 30 years. At his peak he ate 700-750 g of protein a day and lots of fats. Trace carbohydrates only come from vegetables. Do you think guys it's possible to achieve this form without exogenous insulin, and if not, how did Jon cope with insulin injections without carbohydrates?

thats some crazy Jaundice in those eyes

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 07:09:41 AM »
BIG DUDE,,,STRONG BUILD

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 07:11:46 AM »
Natty?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2024, 07:18:35 AM »
Hi John!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2024, 07:23:38 AM »
Oil bag

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2024, 01:13:23 PM »
If hes in keto then taking insulin is counter productive as it suppresses ketone production and also the dosages would have to be small to stop him going hypo

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2024, 01:27:02 PM »
my thought aswell.

And the SEO is pretty obvious as Flexacon pointed out

one of these cases where I will be more suprised if he's still alive 5 years from now.

JK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2024, 01:49:07 PM »
If hes in keto then taking insulin is counter productive as it suppresses ketone production and also the dosages would have to be small to stop him going hypo
I doubt he's in ketosis on 700 grams of protein a day. With this amount of protein, glucogenesis probably occurs.

JK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2024, 01:56:25 PM »
my thought aswell.

And the SEO is pretty obvious as Flexacon pointed out

one of these cases where I will be more suprised if he's still alive 5 years from now.
It's obvious he has something in his traps and delts. Perhaps he injects all his gear into these areas, giving the appearance of chronic swelling and inflammation.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2024, 02:03:59 PM »
It's obvious he has something in his traps and delts. Perhaps he injects all his gear into these areas, giving the appearance of chronic swelling and inflammation.
Come on Jon, you know its SEO

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2024, 12:49:08 AM »
All natural but eats meat from steroid pumped up cows.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2024, 02:09:25 AM »
I doubt he's in ketosis on 700 grams of protein a day. With this amount of protein, glucogenesis probably occurs.

He would be pissing bricks also.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2024, 04:48:36 AM »
All natural but eats meat from steroid pumped up cows.

Probably eats organic yogurt for health too.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2024, 04:58:30 AM »

There was a fad of using a little insulin without eating to get into ketosis faster after carb load on a CKD diet and they claimed ketones. showed up much quicker, in a matter of hours Nowadays there's a fad of taking 2iu Humalog on an empty stomach before fasting cardio to burn up the carbs and access fat easier, I think Aceto does it. I doubt it does much of anything considering the overall picture. I would do it if I thought it worked, if I was trying to diet that is lol. It's not dangerous at such low doses for me, in my experience.

About maybe 20 years ago there was an article on how to run insulin while on a zero carb/very high protein diet. High protein isn't keto as mentioned above and I'm sure some could use a good dose of insulin on an excessive protein diet. What bodybuilders do isn't keto since you have to eat 80 something % fat and only little protein.

Some guys who imo are legit smart say the benefits of low carb diet aren't necessarily due to ketone production at all and it's useless to track them.

Just some thoughts   8)

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2024, 05:38:06 AM »
There was a fad of using a little insulin without eating to get into ketosis faster after carb load on a CKD diet and they claimed ketones. showed up much quicker, in a matter of hours Nowadays there's a fad of taking 2iu Humalog on an empty stomach before fasting cardio to burn up the carbs and access fat easier, I think Aceto does it. I doubt it does much of anything considering the overall picture. I would do it if I thought it worked, if I was trying to diet that is lol. It's not dangerous at such low doses for me, in my experience.

About maybe 20 years ago there was an article on how to run insulin while on a zero carb/very high protein diet. High protein isn't keto as mentioned above and I'm sure some could use a good dose of insulin on an excessive protein diet. What bodybuilders do isn't keto since you have to eat 80 something % fat and only little protein.

Some guys who imo are legit smart say the benefits of low carb diet aren't necessarily due to ketone production at all and it's useless to track them.

Just some thoughts   8)

I can’t find my copy of Bodyopus - but I think Duchaine mentioned using insulin to get into ketosis faster. I had read all of his dirty dieting newsletter and bought Bodyopus the second it was released. Damn near worse the binder out I read that so many times. lol

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2024, 05:43:11 AM »
Do you mean Jon Anderson of Yes? He's on something but don't think it's insulin.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2024, 11:56:13 AM »
Do you mean Jon Anderson of Yes? He's on something but don't think it's insulin.
You seem very fond of him.

JK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2024, 12:16:12 PM »

Just some thoughts   8)
So you can use very small amounts of insulin on a no-carb diet, which is probably what this guy is doing by looking at him - he's full and thick. Thanks for the factual answer.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2024, 02:40:10 PM »
Insulin fart @ 00:10?
i=NtmBQsN00rA9Qoqh

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2024, 02:48:15 PM »
Insulin fart @ 00:10?
i=NtmBQsN00rA9Qoqh

That video farts and all was definitely for the schomes.

That reminds me, someone needs to bump/update the big Sean Allen thread

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2024, 03:14:52 PM »
So you can use very small amounts of insulin on a no-carb diet, which is probably what this guy is doing by looking at him - he's full and thick. Thanks for the factual answer.

You might even get away with a lot especially with high GH. Not saying that's what this guy does, just that it's possible. Then there's the issue that they lie about their diets, no doubt this guy is familiar with insulin, everyone is who looks like this.