Author Topic: What did you guys think of HHH commentating for the Mr Olympia?  (Read 10458 times)

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: What did you guys think of HHH commentating for the Mr Olympia?
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2006, 02:37:57 AM »
the challenge round has been officially retired!

sweet. Gustavo is probably sad now b/c he was the only one who ever benefitted from that shitstorm.

dukebrown

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2006, 02:43:08 AM »
HHH is helping out alot.  Everyone should be happy that they are getting outside athletic talent to comment and help put on a show.   It is going to bring a larger fan base in, Just like the half time show at the superbowl.  It also will help add more legitamacy to BB by having other athletes show the respect for the hard work and dedication it takes.

Duh ....  Come on there has to be someone who took some business and marketing courses out there.

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2006, 06:54:56 AM »
Your right, I keep throwing myslef in the mix.
 Not like I didn't have stage experience in the damn show.....Like 13 years of my 14 year Pro Career?
Doops, my bad, I fail to see where I could possibly draw comparisions of my experiences with those presently competing.
Out.
'
Shawn get Michael Buffer to do the MCing

Easily the best MC in the world.

Unchained81

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2006, 03:47:25 PM »
:( I dont thin so!  >:(

Well, watch a current IFBB event you will see this.  That is my point.  Triple H is not the problem with unprofessionalism at IFBB shows.  Guys dressed like gay cowboys and superman with pink boots IS!!!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2006, 04:17:13 PM »
Something funny I just realized, Triple H makes more in a year then ALL the guys on the Olympia stage put together, LOL

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2006, 04:20:26 PM »
Does he? IM not sure about that..im sure HH makes alot of money..but more than the top guys like Ronnie and Jay?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2006, 05:43:22 PM »
Does he? IM not sure about that..im sure HH makes alot of money..but more than the top guys like Ronnie and Jay?

I would doubt it, too.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2006, 05:59:33 PM »
He makes around 5 million US a year. Considering the only top guys that actually make money are Coleman and Cutler... most of the other guys at the O make what... maybe $100,000 a year each.. ?

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2006, 08:50:30 PM »

well on top of his 5 million a year, HHH can on any given day show up for an autograph session for 2 hrs almost anywhere and collect 25 grand in the 2 hrs...

Ronnie and Jay are driving around in Hummers and HHH is being driven around in Phantoms...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2006, 10:11:52 PM »
and don't forget about the merchandise cut. HHH makes a whole lot more money than even the top bodybuilders.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2006, 06:11:34 PM »
and don't forget about the merchandise cut. HHH makes a whole lot more money than even the top bodybuilders.

And don't forget he married the daughter of a multi-millionaire.  He's financially crushing the top 10 Olympia finishers....believe it.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2006, 06:23:56 PM »
This is getting back to the original question, I thought the way the O was run made all those involved look stupid , even the press conference was a staged tragedy !!, they made the past greats of the sport look silly and incompetent , they made the athletes look bewildered and unaware in the challenge round, and the final placings and prize giving was belittling !!

So who was good and who's was bad , well its kind of hard to say when the overall production made all look crap !!

This by the way is not a personal indictment on any ones character but merely a over view of the running of the greatest body building show on earth !!

Highspeed

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2006, 06:46:08 PM »
I remember Chick being the emcee at the Bodyrock show a couple years back and he done a great job, knowledgeable, and still added some humor when it needed to be...BTW Chick, ever see the movie Dodgeball??  LOL...Anyhoo, Triple H should be in the mix too, he does afterall have great mic skills too, it is his living....and they are bringing back D-X too at the next pay-per-view, can't wait for that, 3 commentators, is plenty....go with it from there.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »
He makes around 5 million US a year. Considering the only top guys that actually make money are Coleman and Cutler... most of the other guys at the O make what... maybe $100,000 a year each.. ?

You ARE correct about that..its sad that if a bodybuilder turns "Pro" it doesnt mean shit...so sad compared to wha tthey do to their bodies, the hard training, dieting etc..im surprised most top amateur bodybuilders arent another type of pro athlete,since the know how to train, and diet, and have more dedication to that than pros in other sports.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2006, 10:37:41 PM »
I'm sure HHH makes allot more than all the pros at the Olympia and ASC put together do in a year.  He makes easily upwards of $100,000 per match.  Plus he gets his cut of toy sales, endrosements speaking engagements.  The Rock charged $85,000 for an appearance at a show.  If he was to speak it went to $100,000.  That what I was going to be charged for his to MC my first show I did.  Brian Adams (Orange Crush) was in the WWF was paid $55,000 a match. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2006, 11:10:50 PM »
I'm sure HHH makes allot more than all the pros at the Olympia and ASC put together do in a year.  He makes easily upwards of $100,000 per match.  Plus he gets his cut of toy sales, endrosements speaking engagements.  The Rock charged $85,000 for an appearance at a show.  If he was to speak it went to $100,000.  That what I was going to be charged for his to MC my first show I did.  Brian Adams (Orange Crush) was in the WWF was paid $55,000 a match. 

where on earth do you get these numbers?

I don't know about appearances and endorsements but none of them make anywhere near that amount per match. 

HHH basically wrestles every week so multiply 52 X 100000 plus the monthly PPV match.  He doesn't even make a fraction of that.

I used to follow wrestling big time back in the late 90's and early 2000's and I remember HHH signing his new contract for about $600,000 per year

E
E

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2006, 11:12:45 PM »

Onlyme, did you know / meet Brian Adams or get to see him train in the gym at all? He was a strong Mofo and would shoulder press most wrestlers overhead, before tossing them like yesterday's garbage. Can you tell us about any of his lifts, like his shoulder press max or anything? And also, is he still alive or did he die some time ago?