Author Topic: Appeals Court Slashes Trump's Bond to $175 Million in $454 Million Civil Fraud J  (Read 2692 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
And if you believe this isn’t (as with everything else) nothing but a witch hunt to take out opposition then any thought of you being reasonably thinking is gone

Either the bond is properly backed or it isn't.

Whether or not this is all a witch hunt?  If this is what we have on Trump, 90+ charges over 5 or whatever indictments, I wonder how it would look if the hunt was focused on other rich politicians.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I wonder how it would look if the hunt was focused on other rich politicians.

That's the thing - like this particular trial - no other politicians would be tried.  For that matter, no other real estate folks will be either.

Sometimes the simple explanation is best.  People ran for their position on "getting Trump".   They went actively looking for anything they could use to get him to trial.  Rules were changed, activist judges utilized.  It is what it appears to be.

But what they've done is degraded many Americans faith in the judicial system, all for personal benefit.  All while crime is increasing in their respective cities.

It's all surreal.
Y

OzmO

• Getbig V
That's the thing - like this particular trial - no other politicians would be tried.  For that matter, no other real estate folks will be either.

Sometimes the simple explanation is best.  People ran for their position on "getting Trump".   They went actively looking for anything they could use to get him to trial.  Rules were changed, activist judges utilized.  It is what it appears to be.

But what they've done is degraded many Americans faith in the judicial system, all for personal benefit.  All while crime is increasing in their respective cities.

It's all surreal.

The law needs to apply to everyone and everything equally.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

But it doesn’t. But at least James was rejected today.

https://truthsocial.com/@CitizenFreePress/112315714310828117

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

Never has.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
And if you believe this isn’t (as with everything else) nothing but a witch hunt to take out opposition then any thought of you being reasonably thinking is gone

Ahhhh, the tired old witch hunt theory. It is both laughable and boring! Time to come up with something new folks. :)

What is the literal meaning of a witch hunt?

noun. 1. : a searching out for persecution of persons accused of witchcraft.

Now we find out that among multiple other crimes that Trump is accused of, he also accused of witchcraft. Me thinks someone took his powers away.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Ahhhh, the tired old witch hunt theory. It is both laughable and boring! Time to come up with something new folks. :)

What is the literal meaning of a witch hunt?

noun. 1. : a searching out for persecution of persons accused of witchcraft.

Now we find out that among multiple other crimes that Trump is accused of, he also accused of witchcraft. Me thinks someone took his powers away.

As usual, you omitted something:

2. : the searching out and deliberate harassment of those (such as political opponents) with unpopular views

Examples of witch hunt in a Sentence
He was the victim of a congressional witch hunt against Communists.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/witch%20hunt

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
As usual, you omitted something:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/witch%20hunt

Oh, okay. So, are you saying Trump's views are unpopular? I thought he was ahead in the polls. Is not that an indicator of popularity? Which of the crimes that he was indicted for did he not commit?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Fox News contributor and legal expert Jonathan Turley said former President Donald Trump’s trial in Manhattan over allegedly falsifying business records has left him “in utter disbelief.”

“What is clear, is in this case, Trump is right. I mean, this is an embarrassment. I mean, the fact that we are actually talking about this case being presented in a New York courtroom, leaves me in utter disbelief. I mean, the the arguments today did in fact capture all the problems here,” Turley said Monday afternoon on Fox News.

"You had this misdemeanor under state law, that had run out, this is going back to relate it to the 2016 election. And they zapped it back into life by alleging that there was a campaign finance violation under the federal laws that doesn't exist," he said.

Turley was reacting to the trial Monday, which has officially kicked off in earnest after jury selection last week, as well as a recent poll finding 31% of Americans find Trump’s behavior at the crux of the case unethical, but not illegal. While an additional 14% said there was “nothing wrong” with Trump’s actions, and 35% who said his actions were “illegal.”

“This case should not have been brought , and if it were brought, there was no reason to have this right before the election in my view. But this is becoming the split screen election,” Turley said. “Earlier it was pretty damaging to see the split screen between Trump in different courtrooms. This is even more effective when the other side of the screen shows Biden campaigning in key states like Pennsylvania, while he's held in this courtroom."

“It really brings home something that bothers a lot of Americans, including people don't particularly like Trump, that this is the weaponization of the criminal legal system. It's something we should all be able to condemn."

Court wrapped up around 12:30 on Monday, earlier than initially anticipated, after a juror experiencing a toothache required a dental appointment.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Oh, okay. So, are you saying Trump's views are unpopular? I thought he was ahead in the polls. Is not that an indicator of popularity? Which of the crimes that he was indicted for did he not commit?

All of them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Citizen Free Press
@CitizenFreePres
Alina Habba in the last hour.

This is hilarious.

Judge Engoron doesn't even understand Money Market funds.

Agreement reached on Trump $175 million bond.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1782465443246076382

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Citizen Free Press
@CitizenFreePres
Alina Habba in the last hour.

This is hilarious.

Judge Engoron doesn't even understand Money Market funds.

Agreement reached on Trump $175 million bond.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1782465443246076382

Yes, Trump agreed to additional restrictions on the $175 million bond.

Most money market investments mature in three months or less. However, folks can withdraw from a Money Market account whenever they chose. Some banks restrict the number of withdrawals within a given period of time. It is also possible to close a Money Market account whenever you choose, same as with a savings or checking account.

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/mma/money-market-account-guide/#:~:text=When%20can%20you%20withdraw%20from,withdrawals%20typically%20incur%20a%20fee.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Yes, Trump agreed to additional restrictions on the $175 million bond.

Most money market investments mature in three months or less. However, folks can withdraw from a Money Market account whenever they chose. Some banks restrict the number of withdrawals within a given period of time. It is also possible to close a Money Market account whenever you choose, same as with a savings or checking account.

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/mma/money-market-account-guide/#:~:text=When%20can%20you%20withdraw%20from,withdrawals%20typically%20incur%20a%20fee.

Skipped right over the fact neither the judge nor the AG understand how Money Market Funds work.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
We should all be able to agree on that.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!

I concur and it would be nice if it did.
Alas, it doesn't when you have judicial/absolute immunity, prosecutorial immunity, presidential immunity, legislative immunity, qualified immunity, sovereign immunity, diplomatic immunity, prosecutorial discretion, sweetheart plea deals, internal investigations and coverups, "extremely careless but not criminal", "too big to fail/prosecute" etc.

OzmO

• Getbig V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Skipped right over the fact neither the judge nor the AG understand how Money Market Funds work.

There is the Money Market Savings account which does not lose money and there is the Money Market Fund account which is an investment account from which you can lose the initial investment. So, which type of Money Market account is the $175 million in? Also, Money Market Savings accounts are insured by the FDIC or NCUA... for up to $250,000 which is nowhere near $175 million. What is even more interesting is that investments in Charles Schwab Money Market Funds are not insured or guaranteed by the FDIC or any other government agency. As best as I can tell when checking the Charles Schwab webpage, they do not offer Money Market Savings accounts.

And so, you do not claim I skipped over the fact the neither the judge nor the AG understand how Money Market Savings or Money Market Funds work. I am not convinced they do not understand how they work. But if they don't, so what? It is not a requirement for judgeship or an Attorney General which is an elected position.

Alina Habba either does not understand how the Charles Schwab Money Funds accounts work or she does and she is lying about it to the courts and the press. But then, Alina Habba has a habit of getting it wrong.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
There is the Money Market Savings account which does not lose money and there is the Money Market Fund account which is an investment account from which you can lose the initial investment. So, which type of Money Market account is the $175 million in? Also, Money Market Savings accounts are insured by the FDIC or NCUA... for up to $250,000 which is nowhere near $175 million. What is even more interesting is that investments in Charles Schwab Money Market Funds are not insured or guaranteed by the FDIC or any other government agency. As best as I can tell when checking the Charles Schwab webpage, they do not offer Money Market Savings accounts.

And so, you do not claim I skipped over the fact the neither the judge nor the AG understand how Money Market Savings or Money Market Funds work. I am not convinced they do not understand how they work. But if they don't, so what? It is not a requirement for judgeship or an Attorney General which is an elected position.

Alina Habba either does not understand how the Charles Schwab Money Funds accounts work or she does and she is lying about it to the courts and the press. But then, Alina Habba has a habit of getting it wrong.

Yes the judge and AG should know how they work if the AG is arguing that it's not enough, and the judge, who has to decide whether she is right or wrong, has no idea how they work. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Yes the judge and AG should know how they work if the AG is arguing that it's not enough, and the judge, who has to decide whether she is right or wrong, has no idea how they work.

Well, in this case, Judge Engoron and AG James' lack of knowledge about the security of Money Market Funds is working in Trump's favor. In reading about the discussion regarding the bond yesterday there seems to be a lot of hocus pocus going on. What is more, should Trump lose the appeal, he still must come up with around $500 million. If he cannot access that much cash now because of “insurmountable difficulties”, what is to say he will be able to later?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Well, in this case, Judge Engoron and AG James' lack of knowledge about the security of Money Market Funds is working in Trump's favor. In reading about the discussion regarding the bond yesterday there seems to be a lot of hocus pocus going on. What is more, should Trump lose the appeal, he still must come up with around $500 million. If he cannot access that much cash now because of “insurmountable difficulties”, what is to say he will be able to later?   

He's never going to have to pay $500M.  No way this farce holds up. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
He's never going to have to pay $500M.  No way this farce holds up.

How nice it is that you are such an optimist. Who knew?  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
How nice it is that you are such an optimist. Who knew?  :)

It's not optimism.  Just looking at and dealing with the facts. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
It's not optimism.  Just looking at and dealing with the facts.
Facts don't matter to the left, only being in control. Facts will be changed to fit their narrative and keep them in charge.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Facts don't matter to the left, only being in control. Facts will be changed to fit their narrative and keep them in charge.

Truth.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Facts will win the day when all is said and done. Maybe not what you believe are the facts though. Too bad, so sad.