Author Topic: Friend getting divorced  (Read 3925 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Friend getting divorced
« on: April 07, 2024, 07:47:06 AM »
Hayo!

Found out last night that a friend, whom I thought was in a happy marriage, is contemplating divorce. Funny thing is his wife of 20+ years, who we all thought was a narcissist, was getting better and even made it a point to contact the other wives to set up parties and all. Little did I know my friend hasn’t had any decent sex in now almost two decades, and that he’s been living in a sexless marriage for almost two decades while remaining completely faithful to his wife.

My advice to him was to at the very least get a consultation with a divorce lawyer to see what divorce would look like. And then, based on what he says, to give his wife a last chance (without letting her know he’s been consulting with a divorce lawyer,) possibly going to marriage counseling.

Did I do the right thing? I feel so freaking bad for him… 20 years without decent sex. It’s fucking crazy!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Friend getting divorced
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 07:49:46 AM »
By the way, they’re both early 50s, have a 14 year old and both make over 100k, although she makes 25% more.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 07:57:43 AM »
We don’t need to know. Go talk to a counselor.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2024, 08:04:04 AM »
They are not sexually compatible.  Probably never were.

She married him for security or just because no one else asked her and he did.

Lots of women do it.

How many guys get great sex before the marriage then nothing after?  A lot.

Right after the wedding the bride suddenly stops giving bj's, etc.

She only did it before to get the ring.  Mercenary.

Sucks for him.

She may be getting sex somewhere else and he doesn't know about it.

They should get divorced as amicably as possible as soon as possible.

Since they both make good money it can be ended fairly.  Maybe she gets the house or they work out a financial arrangement.

He should go his own way. 

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 08:06:50 AM »
He should do it. Once he does it will feel like a weight lifted off his shoulders and his only regret will be that he'll wish he had done it sooner.

Guaranteed she's a lesbian or she's been cheating on him.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2024, 08:07:32 AM »
First thing he needs is a DNA test on that kid!

It's terrible to see a friend suffer in a marriage. Keep in mind he likely will NOT take your advice and backtrack. If he put up with it for this long the road to divorce will be a lot longer than you think looking at it from the outside.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2024, 08:09:56 AM »
By the way, they’re both early 50s, have a 14 year old and both make over 100k, although she makes 25% more.

Good news for him unless she spends it all.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2024, 08:16:01 AM »
They should continue their little happy dance facade until their kid is 18. He’s a weak fucker and she’s a selfish bitch. No reason to make their kids last 3 years of childhood shitty.

Once Jr. is off to adult land they can be free to do whatever they want. They haven’t played w each others buttholes in decades, what’s a couple more years.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2024, 08:26:45 AM »
if he hadnt had sex with her for 20 years how did she explain the 14 year old?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2024, 08:36:49 AM »
They haven’t played w each others buttholes in decades, what’s a couple more years.

;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2024, 08:42:06 AM »

Exactly

The story sounds like bullshit to me

(Hasn’t had sex in 20 years... but he was in a happy marriage) 🙄

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2024, 08:51:53 AM »
No point divorcing at that age. Especially if they're both earning good money.

They're more like financial partners at this point.

They're better off coming to an agreement that they can fuck on the side (if the no sex for 20 years isn't an exaggeration).

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2024, 08:54:01 AM »
Then she is the man, we all know women are only worth 70% of what a man makes.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2024, 08:55:33 AM »
No point divorcing at that age. Especially if they're both earning good money.

They're more like financial partners at this point.

They're better off coming to an agreement that they can fuck on the side (if the no sex for 20 years isn't an exaggeration).

He already said that he knows “for a fact”.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2024, 08:56:35 AM »
Hayo!

Found out last night that a friend, whom I thought was in a happy marriage, is contemplating divorce. Funny thing is his wife of 20+ years, who we all thought was a narcissist, was getting better and even made it a point to contact the other wives to set up parties and all. Little did I know my friend hasn’t had any decent sex in now almost two decades, and that he’s been living in a sexless marriage for almost two decades while remaining completely faithful to his wife.

My advice to him was to at the very least get a consultation with a divorce lawyer to see what divorce would look like. And then, based on what he says, to give his wife a last chance (without letting her know he’s been consulting with a divorce lawyer,) possibly going to marriage counseling.

Did I do the right thing? I feel so freaking bad for him… 20 years without decent sex. It’s fucking crazy!

This is bullshit

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2024, 09:00:47 AM »
The only people that win in most divorces are the attorneys.  It might well be warranted but shouldn’t be the first intervention.

At least do a round or two of couples therapy. Might work and is a whole hell of a lot less expensive.

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2024, 09:01:04 AM »

This guy maths!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2024, 09:13:00 AM »
Ok. Let me clarify things a bit. They had sex, but it was the bland ten minute sex sessions she couldn’t wait to get over with. By his account, it was a sexless marriage because they had sex less than 12 times per year, which is the literal legal definition of sexless marriage.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2024, 09:19:14 AM »
Ok. Let me clarify things a bit. They had sex, but it was the bland ten minute sex sessions she couldn’t wait to get over with. By his account, it was a sexless marriage because they had sex less than 12 times per year, which is the literal legal definition of sexless marriage.

Get the fuck out of here with that legal definition.

you really know a lot about your friend’s sex life....  bland sex, for 10 minutes, less that 12 times per year...over the span of 20 years...   and yet you assumed that they had a happy marriage?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2024, 09:22:13 AM »
The guy seems to be opening up and telling everyone his problems now , maybe he needs to start TRT.

Either that or change his fucking Tampon

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2024, 09:25:47 AM »
Get the fuck out of here with that legal definition.

you really know a lot about your friend’s sex life....  bland sex, for 10 minutes, less that 12 times per year...over the span of 20 years...   and yet you assumed that they had a happy marriage?

Sounds like op is a VVV like homewrecka

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2024, 09:28:27 AM »
  Sex fades in most marriages. We are programmed to spread our seed and not stay with the same woman. If she makes 25% more it's a cleaner break. I'm around his age and would keep the marriage going if sex is the issue. See a few hookers on the side here or there. If she is in her 50s, he probably doesn't even want sex much anyways. We are programmed to procreate and she is past that age.  Might as well ride it out. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2024, 09:33:39 AM »
  Sex fades in most marriages. We are programmed to spread our seed and not stay with the same woman. If she makes 25% more it's a cleaner break. I'm around his age and would keep the marriage going if sex is the issue. See a few hookers on the side here or there. If she is in her 50s, he probably doesn't even want sex much anyways. We are programmed to procreate and she is past that age.  Might as well ride it out. The grass is not always greener on the other side.
I think the lack of riding is the problem

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2024, 09:49:27 AM »
Every friend I know who has gotten divorced eventually goes crazy in one way or the other. Better to stay married and just sleep in separate houses, haha.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2024, 09:53:34 AM »
At this stage wait til the kid graduates. If there isn't a physical condition preventing a healthy sex life then your friend is justified in seeking supplemental pussy until the divorce.