Author Topic: How long off before receptors reset?  (Read 7649 times)

Thracian

• Getbig II
How long off before receptors reset?
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:21:57 AM »
Anyone a believer in Bridging? Most guys seem to be against it and that it doesn't work. I'm referring to resetting sensitivity of AR's (androgen receptors) to where they'll respond again. I'm older and have decided to stay on at least a small dose all the time as HRT/TRT but I've stopped responding to higher doses and want to reset without going off completely.I know safety's the big issue here but I'm talking aside from that. I know going off works to accomplish this but can you do a lite bridge and accomplish the same thing?

BeNaBoLiC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: How long off before receptors reset?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 07:28:02 PM »
NO. You must come off for at least thirty days. Another trick that works is dieting, seriously. Diet Naturally for 1-3 months, to rid your body of anabolic metabolites left in your system. once your BF is seriously low, your receptors are like new, and your body will be ready to respond to your gear better
Remember you control the wheight; not visversa!!!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 07:36:40 PM »
Anyone a believer in Bridging? Most guys seem to be against it and that it doesn't work. I'm referring to resetting sensitivity of AR's (androgen receptors) to where they'll respond again. I'm older and have decided to stay on at least a small dose all the time as HRT/TRT but I've stopped responding to higher doses and want to reset without going off completely.I know safety's the big issue here but I'm talking aside from that. I know going off works to accomplish this but can you do a lite bridge and accomplish the same thing?
You're either on or off, no in between. Staying on with a small bridge is not going to let your body get back to normal. If you are a lot older, I don't know how old you are, you can get away with staying on HRT indefinitely.

NO. You must come off for at least thirty days. Another trick that works is dieting, seriously. Diet Naturally for 1-3 months, to rid your body of anabolic metabolites left in your system. once your BF is seriously low, your receptors are like new, and your body will be ready to respond to your gear better

If you are going to use AAS then I don't recommend your dieting period being off-cycle. That is a sure fire way to lose a lot of muscle that you have gained.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:39:32 PM »
According to pro's and all my friends who compete it takes 2-4 weeks for your androgen receptors to clean out.

Thracian

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 12:08:39 PM »
Thanks gentlemen. Great site BTW

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 09:42:53 PM »
Thanks gentlemen. Great site BTW

Anytime bro!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 08:53:11 AM »
According to pro's and all my friends who compete it takes 2-4 weeks for your androgen receptors to clean out.

I'll agree that it probably does not take as long as many believe...this is assuming that everything is perfect and on point in the individuals life. But 2-4wks, I don't know bro, that may be pushing it. It would greatly depend on what the individual has been taking and for how long, and how much..

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 09:49:37 AM »
I'll agree that it probably does not take as long as many believe...this is assuming that everything is perfect and on point in the individuals life. But 2-4wks, I don't know bro, that may be pushing it. It would greatly depend on what the individual has been taking and for how long, and how much..

That's totally true, this is assuming he's been on aprox. 2 months

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 12:06:28 PM »
15 minutes, give or take
its comin today

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 12:09:02 PM »
15 minutes, give or take
That sounds about right

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 02:33:14 PM »
No one knows the true answer to this question, as it has not been formally studied.  I suspect it is very different for different users, and also for different compounds, cycles, cycle durations, PCT, etc.

In my book:  time on = time off.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 11:01:52 PM »

Regardless of your age, it all comes down to this, Traci.

If you are "on" you are "on".

Bridging means you are still "on" and your endogenous testosterone is being suppressed.

It's that simple.

How much Test are you using that you have stopped responding?

Unless you are a IFBB pro bodybuilder who needs to be "on" for most of the year, bridging is not for you.

Trust.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Thracian

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 07:24:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I was up to about 1200mg test after 22 weeks. I'm 49 BTW.
It's Thracian BTW, not Traci! lol  ;D  jk. Gained well in the beginning, about 20-25 lbs and then slowed to a trickle. I may be expecting to much to soon. I've lifted all my life. I'm now at 200lbs at 5'8" with 17" arms at about 12% bf. I know I can't continue putting on 25lbs a month.

Thracian

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 07:42:25 AM »
15 minutes, give or take

You're referring to receptors replacing themselves. They are constantly being produced, enzymatically degraded, and replaced with new receptors. They (the androgen receptors) actually have a half-life of about 3 hours, not 15 minutes.

Aside from that, the AR's desensitize over time irrespective of the fact that they are continually being replaced. All of which makes the above fact irrelevant.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 10:53:20 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I was up to about 1200mg test after 22 weeks. I'm 49 BTW.
It's Thracian BTW, not Traci! lol  ;D  jk. Gained well in the beginning, about 20-25 lbs and then slowed to a trickle. I may be expecting to much to soon. I've lifted all my life. I'm now at 200lbs at 5'8" with 17" arms at about 12% bf. I know I can't continue putting on 25lbs a month.

Considering your age, you should have no problem putting on weight, being that your endogenous test is lower.  I think you're already maxed out on 1.2G Test ew.  I would not recommend going much higher than that.  Too much of a crash coming down, unless you want to stay on that dose for the rest of your life.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Thracian

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 12:44:55 PM »
Considering your age, you should have no problem putting on weight, being that your endogenous test is lower.  I think you're already maxed out on 1.2G Test ew.  I would not recommend going much higher than that.  Too much of a crash coming down, unless you want to stay on that dose for the rest of your life.

DIV

Good advice. Thanks.
(Beautiful avatar BTW)

homer77

• Getbig II