Author Topic: Funerals  (Read 2855 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Funerals
« on: May 11, 2024, 06:36:32 AM »
Went to a funeral yesterday of an old school pal

Seeing all my old friends makes me feel like shit, its a shame people have to get old
I havent seen some of them for years, its funny that apart from funerals I never see them.

I look at them and the person they used to be has long gone, they have a distant empty look about them.

I was going to go and have. adrink with them later but after the last time I went to a funeral they were all just sat on their phones rather than talking.

It could be the last chance they get to see each other as the next funeral might be theirs but its like their phone is more important.

I chose not to go, in fact I wont be going to any more old friends funerals as its makes me feel like shit.

Oh and the Priest was a fucking immigrant black twat whos only beeen in the country since last December talking about "my memories of David", fucker never met him in his life.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Funerals
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 06:41:44 AM »
life is depressing and then you die

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 06:46:15 AM »
life is depressing and then you die
Imagine you live to 85 (average)
Put 85 marbles in a glass jar and then take out one for each year of your life

Now look at the jar, I have at most 25% of my life left, 10% of that is going to be fucking shit because of potential health problems

At 59 next birthday my days of achieving anything are pretty limited.

This is the same for 99.9999999999999% of people on the planet.

Life is a fucking joke

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 06:51:03 AM »
How old was he?

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 06:51:24 AM »

Now look at the jar, I have at most 25% of my life left, 10% of that is going to be fucking shit because of potential health problems

Life is a fucking joke

Maybe you can do some type of charity, sponsor or adopt a child in the third world or something. I don't  know really, but from the sounds of it your main source of torment is the realization that your life is meaningless, so the key should be to find something to give it meaning. My boss does things like this, and I think it is really commendable. I am sure it gives him some sense of meaning and fulfillment

by the way my boss is not even rich, I mean I think he did alright for himself, but he is not living in lavish luxury, I can see he pinches his pennies hard, so I find it impressive that he does this charity work

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 06:55:33 AM »
It is shocking to see old friends after many years and their physical deterioration.

Most people really let themselves go and age badly, particularly those who gain a lot of weight.

Many are unrecognizable at first glance.

I've been to only one high school reunion (only the fifth so it hardly counts) and have no desire to go to another.

I am curious as to who has died in all this time.  Probably quite a few.

A number of my old friends have had serious health problems.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 07:01:02 AM »
I very seldom attend funerals.....I send a card and or flowers unless it`s someone I was really close to.

I`m depressed enough as it  is..... and Jeff 59 is young bro...........you can still achieve anything you want......within reason of course.

All the best my friend.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2024, 07:03:44 AM »
Sounds like it time to implement the robcguns principles

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2024, 07:05:44 AM »

Life is a fucking joke
smoke some weed and buy a motorcycle you pussy

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2024, 07:05:54 AM »

Life is a fucking joke
Life is not a joke. It just is what it is. Maybe due to our inteligent perception we espected more. It's just simple. We tend to overthink it.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2024, 07:14:08 AM »

Seeing all my old friends makes me feel like shit, its a shame people have to get old
I havent seen some of them for years, its funny that apart from funerals I never see them.

I look at them and the person they used to be has long gone, they have a distant empty look about them.

I was going to go and have. adrink with them later but after the last time I went to a funeral they were all just sat on their phones rather than talking.

It could be the last chance they get to see each other as the next funeral might be theirs but its like their phone is more important.

I chose not to go, in fact I wont be going to any more old friends funerals as its makes me feel like shit.

Oh and the Priest was a fucking immigrant black twat whos only beeen in the country since last December talking about "my memories of David", fucker never met him in his life.

Around blacks never relax

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2024, 07:24:11 AM »
64 this summer.  You know what I started doing to make myself feel like I was actually worth a fuck while I am still here?  Donating blood.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2024, 07:44:59 AM »
64 this summer.  You know what I started doing to make myself feel like I was actually worth a fuck while I am still here?  Donating blood.

Helps bp

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2024, 08:42:55 AM »

Suck it up Princess! It's not about you it's about paying your respects.

...Then again you're a GB'r so it is all about you ;D

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2024, 08:58:02 AM »

Classic Calvin not giving a fuck about making a list anymore

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2024, 09:05:51 AM »

Life is a fucking joke

What a p*ssy you are! This guy is pushing 80 and not slowing down by any means, because he is focusing on what's ahead of him, not on the past... 8)

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2024, 09:07:08 AM »
I try to turn to old times as well as things we have in common and curious about. I just had a hard week with my 79 year old cousin visiting me. She used to be gorgeous. Now she is an alcoholic and worn down, and hyper-critical and exhausting to be around. Just the same we re-visited a lot of old memories and we did research here and there (on our phones) on topics we were both interested in, and we drove around. So there were some positives, and I got some satisfaction giving her some satisfaction with the visit. I guess I am saying I am not exactly agreeing with, “I am never going to a funeral again.”

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2024, 10:19:15 AM »
Maybe you can do some type of charity, sponsor or adopt a child in the third world or something. I don't  know really, but from the sounds of it your main source of torment is the realization that your life is meaningless, so the key should be to find something to give it meaning. My boss does things like this, and I think it is really commendable. I am sure it gives him some sense of meaning and fulfillment

by the way my boss is not even rich, I mean I think he did alright for himself, but he is not living in lavish luxury, I can see he pinches his pennies hard, so I find it impressive that he does this charity work
adopt a child in athird world country?
I pay enough to feed and clothe muslim terrorists in the UK

Remember "Live Aid" everyone thought they were doing something good?
It was to perpetuate a never ending famine so people keep paying out every year for people living in areas of the world that cant support them

Move the fucking wogs to somewere that can sustain life instead of feeding them in the desert.

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2024, 10:21:45 AM »

Pay respects when they are alive. They are dead, they can’t give a damn if your there or not. Funerals are for the living, as much as I think they are a waste they do serve as closure for some.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2024, 10:27:47 AM »

You do know they sell the blood. They are not giving it away for free. If you ever need blood in a hospital it's sold again. Just look at your insurance itemized bill.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2024, 10:38:58 AM »
I really enjoy getting together with the old friends group, and revisiting memory lane. Most people have changed dramatically but it is really fun catching up. When I was young I thought life was all about pussy and money. When I got older I realized money means nothing once you actually have it. When you don't it means a hell of a lot. Pussy will cost you one way or another. Health, family, time, building relationships, and enjoying the simple things in life matter more to me these days. I think life gets better with age until your health goes.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2024, 10:47:40 AM »
Sounds like it time to implement the robcguns principles

Yes it is.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2024, 11:49:55 AM »

I’m watching a Twilight Zone episode with a similar storyline now.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2024, 12:55:51 PM »
Get into gaming or something to get your mind off of this negative shit lol.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2024, 01:44:26 PM »
Get into gaming or something to get your mind off of this negative shit lol.

I would sooner fucking hang myself

Gaming?
Fucking Gaming??

Fuck, am I annoyed at that suggestion.