Author Topic: I remember when bodybuilding meant something.  (Read 440 times)

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
I remember when bodybuilding meant something.
« on: May 12, 2024, 04:14:09 AM »
Phil Heath, Hadi Choopan, Derek Oilpits, shit is all you will ever be compared to the legends of BB

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
Re: I remember when bodybuilding meant something.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 04:36:15 AM »
Mr. Oilympia...

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 04:40:53 AM »
Mr. Oilympia...

Correct. I hope they read this thread.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024, 04:48:46 AM »
Phil Heath, Hadi Choopan, Derek Oilpits, shit is all you will ever be compared to the legends of BB

That so called legend now has a peg leg from injecting synthol into his calves if you wanted to rage against SEO that is not the guy to use as an example

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2024, 05:00:47 AM »
I thought bodybuilding meant something when I was a naive teenager and in my early 20's. Of course most of that came from watching action stars like Arnold, Sly, and JCVD etc....

Admittedly, I looked up to guys like that and that made me want to get into shape. I do also think that it's somewhat ingrained into our psyche, to look and feel our best in order to attract the opposite sex and to ultimately, procreate.

Then I was attracted to the bodybuilding world/profession due to the assumption that if I made it far enough, I could get paid good money to workout, play video games all day, and maybe be a bouncer or security (Ala Cormier) now keep in mind this was in the time when supplement companies such as Muscletech, seemed to be literally throwing money at guys.

I looked at guys like Shawn Ray, pictured in front of his house with multiple vehicles, and I thought to myself "this guy is living the dream!"

Then I grew up. I realized that most guys don't make a living just off of bodybuilding alone. Not to mention the elephant in the room about the health hazards and mental derangement it usually takes to get to an elite level. Besides, Ronnie Coleman, Dillet, Yates, etc.... were freaks (in a good way) but I was always more of a fan of guys like Shawn Ray's physique.

Don't even get me started on what today's guys look like....

Let's make it clear: I obviously advocate working out, eating relatively healthy, and the desire to take care of yourself. However, I'm not a kid anymore, and the viel has been lifted over my eyes for a long time now.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2024, 05:26:30 AM »
I thought bodybuilding meant something when I was a naive teenager and in my early 20's. Of course most of that came from watching action stars like Arnold, Sly, and JCVD etc....

Admittedly, I looked up to guys like that and that made me want to get into shape. I do also think that it's somewhat ingrained into our psyche, to look and feel our best in order to attract the opposite sex and to ultimately, procreate.

Then I was attracted to the bodybuilding world/profession due to the assumption that if I made it far enough, I could get paid good money to workout, play video games all day, and maybe be a bouncer or security (Ala Cormier) now keep in mind this was in the time when supplement companies such as Muscletech, seemed to be literally throwing money at guys.

I looked at guys like Shawn Ray, pictured in front of his house with multiple vehicles, and I thought to myself "this guy is living the dream!"

Then I grew up. I realized that most guys don't make a living just off of bodybuilding alone. Not to mention the elephant in the room about the health hazards and mental derangement it usually takes to get to an elite level. Besides, Ronnie Coleman, Dillet, Yates, etc.... were freaks (in a good way) but I was always more of a fan of guys like Shawn Ray's physique.

Let's make it clear: I obviously advocate working out, eating relatively healthy, and the desire to take care of yourself. However, I'm not a kid anymore, and the viel has been lifted over my eyes for a long time now.

The fuck are you talking about you have never done any of that shit

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2024, 05:30:05 AM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2024, 05:36:46 AM »
Neither have you. You are what's wrong with "bodybuilding".

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2024, 08:04:45 AM »
That so called legend now has a peg leg from injecting synthol into his calves if you wanted to rage against SEO that is not the guy to use as an example
I hope that Joshua kills you

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2024, 08:06:04 AM »

great life story, would read again

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2024, 09:33:10 AM »
"What's it all about?" -- Zabo Koszewski