Author Topic: Marc Lobliner goes Classic at 43 yo.  (Read 2078 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
Re: Marc Lobliner goes Classic at 43 yo.
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2024, 07:47:51 AM »
Is that pose ok.
I think with his legs being so wide apart it just makes them look even thinner?

They all pose like that and it looks bad.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2024, 08:15:14 AM »
wow his arms especially triceps are tiny

How are his triceps so small?  when they make up 2/3 of the arm compared to the bicep?

also what does everyone think his net worth is 5-10 million?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2024, 08:21:34 AM »
I never said I competed in the Pro show. I said the goal would be to compete in the Pro show. The Charlotte Cup is a Classic only Pro show. They had like 10 guys just in the over 40 division and probably 20 in the Open. The goal would be to win a Pro Card and then compete in the Pro version of the Charlotte Cup.

But again one thing at a time. Can I get my pec fixed first? Can I get an offseason to improve?

This morning 210lbs 5lbs below my stage weight at the Cup

Your goal is to become a professional and then compete in the local show?  Do you think it’s just the pec tear that is stopping you from becoming a professional?

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2024, 08:23:52 AM »
That's the Mike Katz phenotype:  Very large chest and lats, shit-tier triceps, weak forearms, thin legs.

Lobliner and Katz are both Jewish.  Maybe they're related. 

I ought to give credit where it's due and note that Katz, in his day, was actually good.  Lobliner is like the wish.com version.
Funny thing you mentioned that, Joe Weider was similar, definitely Lower tier genetics but he actually had a large ribcage with weakish limbs.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2024, 08:24:22 AM »
Your goal is to become a professional and then compete in the local show?  Do you think it’s just the pec tear that is stopping you from becoming a professional?
He would enter a "first timers" show if he thought he could get away with it

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2024, 08:32:10 AM »
When I win my IFBB Pro-Card,I`m the gonna`then do the Pittsburgh Pro Over-60 and tie for last place ,but I`m cool with that because then I can say that I actually competed in a IFBB Pro Contest.

When Hankins wins his card,maybe we can do a pro event together.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2024, 08:35:16 AM »
“ Classic is a look” … small waist/ flaring quads …everything in proportion…: this guys wide thick waist / puny arms and legs is the anthesis to Classic!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2024, 08:38:44 AM »
What else could it possibly be.....except maybe his scrawny neck,mismatched looking arms,one delt the size of an apple,and the other the size of a basketball,or his wafer thin back,shallow underdeveloped abs,his piss poor inability to pose,thin Pecs that disappear when he raises his arms...huge disproportionate noggin,or possibly his lack of conditioning,weak training,lack of dedication,no pre-contest diet.....but I highly doubt any of that would hold him back.....he`ll make it if he keeps grinding!!   :)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2024, 09:25:49 AM »
F

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2024, 09:45:56 AM »
Funny thing you mentioned that, Joe Weider was similar, definitely Lower tier genetics but he actually had a large ribcage with weakish limbs.

I know exactly what you mean!

Only the UK guys will get this (and the older ones at that LOL)

T

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2024, 10:58:47 AM »
Dudes a well-known Tren abuser...  TRT (Tren Replacement Therapy)
He’s a liar like all of them.
T

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2024, 11:38:13 AM »
He’s a liar like all of them.

Well, he IS a bodybuilder.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2024, 12:18:11 PM »
“ Classic is a look” … small waist/ flaring quads …everything in proportion…: this guys wide thick waist / puny arms and legs is the anthesis to Classic!

But many of the Golden Era bodybuilders had goofy physiques. Like Katz and Columbu with his bow legs. And practically no one had "flaring" quads, least of the guys thought of as "symmetrical." Many complain that physiques are so uniform these days. Yes because they mostly have big everything, as opposed to the past when one guy was know for his arms, one guy for his legs and yet another for his pecs.

I'm still unclear on what exactly is classic? Can't be symmetry or proportion because more bbers today are symmetrical and proportional. Blasphemy! you say, but notice the words I used, they are not synonyms for AESTHETIC, which is what everyone is actually talking about when they talk about those other things.

Not much flare here. And that's ok, some actually try to have small legs but big upper body, they think big legs look real bad aesthetically.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2024, 02:29:46 PM »
But many of the Golden Era bodybuilders had goofy physiques. Like Katz and Columbu with his bow legs. And practically no one had "flaring" quads, least of the guys thought of as "symmetrical." Many complain that physiques are so uniform these days. Yes because they mostly have big everything, as opposed to the past when one guy was know for his arms, one guy for his legs and yet another for his pecs.

I'm still unclear on what exactly is classic? Can't be symmetry or proportion because more bbers today are symmetrical and proportional. Blasphemy! you say, but notice the words I used, they are not synonyms for AESTHETIC, which is what everyone is actually talking about when they talk about those other things.

Not much flare here. And that's ok, some actually try to have small legs but big upper body, they think big legs look real bad aesthetically.

classic for me is about balance
Calves neck and arms should be the same measurement

Its also a "look"

This guy has some impresssive condition and some great bodyparts but he just doesnt have a stage physique

That guy probably looks fantastic in the gym in a vest

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2024, 02:36:33 PM »
He’s only 43?

I was thinking the same

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2024, 02:50:38 PM »
I remember reading that Zane said the Glute muscle should be the same size as the Hamstring.

Sandrock

• Getbig III
  • Born with a mustache in a Supernova
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2024, 02:54:59 PM »

https://www.essentiallysports.com/bodybuilding-news-six-weeks-out-from-comeback-show-forty-three-yo-ifbb-pro-bodybuilder-reveals-grueling-leg-workout/

Right arm is 14.5 inches tops.  Waist is 37.  Jesus Christ.  Calves and forearms non existent.  Weird thighs missing adductors. 

So classical.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2024, 02:57:50 PM »
Right arm is 14.5 inches tops.  Waist is 37.  Jesus Christ.  Calves and forearms non existent.  Weird thighs missing adductors. 

So classical.
If he had a clue on how to pose he could make himself look much better.  :(

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2024, 02:58:23 PM »
That's the Mike Katz phenotype:  Very large chest and lats, shit-tier triceps, weak forearms, thin legs.

Lobliner and Katz are both Jewish.  Maybe they're related. 

I ought to give credit where it's due and note that Katz, in his day, was actually good.  Lobliner is like the wish.com version.

Katz is a legend in the sport. He shouldn't be spoken of in the same breath with Lobliner.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2024, 03:15:46 PM »
^looks like a spider

bigchuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2024, 04:59:23 PM »

Why are you showing a pic of a rear lat spread from the front?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2024, 06:54:08 PM »
What else could it possibly be.....except maybe his scrawny neck,mismatched looking arms,one delt the size of an apple,and the other the size of a basketball,or his wafer thin back,shallow underdeveloped abs,his piss poor inability to pose,thin Pecs that disappear when he raises his arms...huge disproportionate noggin,or possibly his lack of conditioning,weak training,lack of dedication,no pre-contest diet.....but I highly doubt any of that would hold him back.....he`ll make it if he keeps grinding!!   :)

The only classical look Hankins has is the horseshoe pattern forming on his head.

He would enter a "first timers" show if he thought he could get away with it

Classical integrity with this guy.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2024, 07:21:07 PM »
What exactly does "Make it" mean? The goal would be to get a pro card and do a local Pro show someday aka The Charlotte Cup. I have no delusions of winning over 40 Pro shows in my 50s

You will never be a pro.. it’s ok man - you have a good physique, just not a bodybuilding one. You literally have NO late and obviously your legs are tiny.

Have whatever delusion that you want man. Doesn’t fckn matter to me other than the few minutes that I come here and waste time with you.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2024, 07:29:50 PM »

The only classical look Hankins has is the horseshoe pattern forming on his head.

Classical integrity with this guy.
Horseshoe Pattern Of Peace  ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2024, 07:55:00 PM »
That’s the thing about competitive bodybuilding…. It attracts the most delusional people! ( kids at my gym “ talking about going Pro” when they haven’t even competed yet! ..   if you have ever seen a top level IFBB Pro in person …. It’s an eye opener!  … I remember thinking “ I don’t even resemble this guy! … he doesn’t even look like a human being!