Author Topic: Women doing hip thrust ..victims of social media trends?  (Read 2568 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Since most Getbiggers have easily over 30 years of training experience.....

I will take any info on this seriously

I get asked constantly about it .... I feel this exercise (Barbell hip thrust) is pretty much useless for muscular development

It's easy to lift a barbell resting on your hips even if you have never trained in your life.

Thats why you see in recent years so many people out of shape doing this movement, feeling good about themselves and not seeing results in the long run ...

Do you do it, if so, does it work?

Thanks .

WooooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: barbell hip thrust ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 05:19:55 AM »
Yes I do it. I'm not sure what type of development you're looking for from it, but I do it for more sex power

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 05:24:13 AM »
The ass brigade swears by them for building good glutes.

They had a little resurgence in powerlifting, the main thing being teaching trainees glute activation. But they fell by the wayside after a while. I tried them for a goof years ago, and you definitely feel them in the glutes and other parts of the posterior chain, but I just don't like setting up the lift. It's like Zercher lifts and the like, is the juice worth the squeeze? For me, I feel GHR's and similar way more, and it's a quick, safe set up.   

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 05:28:36 AM »
The ass brigade swears by them for building good glutes.

They had a little resurgence in powerlifting, the main thing being teaching trainees glute activation. But they fell by the wayside after a while. I tried them for a goof years ago, and you definitely feel them in the glutes and other parts of the posterior chain, but I just don't like setting up the lift. It's like Zercher lifts and the like, is the juice worth the squeeze? For me, I feel GHR's and similar way more, and it's a quick, safe set up.   

That's actually why I do them. Feels really good in that area afterwards as I can get some tightness there.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 05:40:05 AM »
I don't think they have much carry-over for anything else.
A guy in the gym does these w/ 5 plates (495) but can barely DL 315. (I think his max is 325 on a good day).
To me a retarded and useless exercise. But that's just my opinion. (Which is worthless to anyone except me of course).
If you like doing 'em, keep on doing 'em..

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2024, 05:45:05 AM »
The question is does it build a big fat butt or a tight aestetic butt that women desired back in the 80's as described in the book I stole from the libary when I was a kid called "How to Make Love to a Woman" by Michael Morgenstern?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2024, 06:19:03 AM »
Yes I do it. I'm not sure what type of development you're looking for from it, but I do it for more sex power

Fitness/bodybuilding purposes

WoooSHHHHHHHHH  Remain golden bitches !

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2024, 08:10:42 AM »
I don't do it nor do i endorse it. So many other options available.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2024, 09:23:59 AM »
20 years ago any men doing a barbell hip thrust would have been removed from any decent gym

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2024, 09:32:16 AM »
Useless, but I enjoy watching women struggle with the exercise.
T

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2024, 09:50:12 AM »
It’s the gay.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2024, 11:31:26 AM »
Try using those hip thrust machines. The glutes are a very important muscle for jumping and sprinting. It pulls your femur back. It works in conjunction with your thigh muscles. When I belonged to commercial gym they had a dedicated hip thrust machine. It was so hard to use and felt like squat like effort when I used it. I was a sprinter in college and even though I'm old I know if I'm moving. I felt I lost it. After using the machine for around two months I slow ran a mile then did 40 yard sprints. I was shocked how much spring I had in my legs.

Having said that you can train the glutes with squats, lunges and even stuff like power cleans. A dedicate hip machine works amazing though.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2024, 11:51:28 AM »
A girl at our gym hangs upside down from a chinning bar and lifts a dumbell from below her head up to her waist

Its basically a dumbell pullover

I would say something but I am waiting for her legs to unravel and her fall on her head

Hendrixian

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2024, 12:10:50 PM »
Most people don't squeeze it enough at the top and just throw weight on the bar like a retarded, like others mentioned, it's not worth the hassle. I would use a nice machine though.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2024, 12:26:32 PM »
A girl at our gym hangs upside down from a chinning bar and lifts a dumbell from below her head up to her waist

Its basically a dumbell pullover

I would say something but I am waiting for her legs to unravel and her fall on her head

It sounds like she is getting a full stretch and going through the full range of motion.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2024, 12:29:14 PM »
Useless, but I enjoy watching women struggle with the exercise.

I'm all for women making their azzes better.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2024, 12:54:06 PM »
I’ve only ever seen women do them at gym never had the slightest inclination to try them or any other ‘glute’ excercise

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2024, 03:12:16 PM »
20 years ago any men doing a barbell hip thrust would have been removed from any decent gym

LOL

WooSSHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2024, 03:15:08 PM »
I'm all for women making their azzes better.

Do you really think this exercise is making women azzes better?

WooooSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2024, 03:18:32 PM »
Gyms are filled with machine thrusting machines. Often a few different brands. Very popular.

My training partner does them because he doesn't want "old-man ass," saggy glutes. He's 60. I feel like for glutes, squats, especially where you lean over and extend your ass back as much as possible, as opposed to more upright quad dominant squats, is superior for glute development. But thrusts could be a good adjunct movement. I definitely don't want that old fella ass either, glutes are very important both for men and women aesthetically. For men it signals to the female that you have good thrusting power.  8)

WooooSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why wouldn't they? But again, I think there are better glute exercises. Lunges are fantastic too. But squats are painful, easier to just lie down on a thrusting machine  ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2024, 05:49:12 PM »

I had no clue this thread was about dudes too. Lol, what kind of dude does this shit?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2024, 06:11:07 PM »

WooooSHHHHHHHHHHHH

So it is written.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2024, 06:28:56 PM »
I’ve only ever seen women do them at gym never had the slightest inclination to try them or any other ‘glute’ excercise

Henda got long back

NH

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2024, 06:49:27 PM »
any time i see another man at the gym doing barbell hip thrust i spike him in the head with an ez curl bar

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2024, 06:53:09 PM »
This is some hilarious shit right here! Eric cracks me up!