Author Topic: Ed Corney  (Read 14165 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Ed Corney
« on: May 02, 2006, 03:38:48 PM »
What contest(s) were these from ???

I

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Ed Corny
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 04:01:42 PM »
 Ed looks great there! Is he still alive? :-\

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 04:04:16 PM »
Old Man Olympia?

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 04:19:55 PM »
Ed is the man ! Those pics are probably 8-10 years old. He has had some health issues in the past but you still see him now and then at some Ca. NPC shows.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 05:24:35 PM »
Ed is the man ! Those pics are probably 8-10 years old. He has had some health issues in the past but you still see him now and then at some Ca. NPC shows.

Is he walking?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 05:25:54 PM »
Is he walking?

Yes. He was in a wheelchair a while back due to something I forget. But I've heard he's out of it and walking again.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 05:27:44 PM »
Yes. He was in a wheelchair a while back due to something I forget. But I've heard he's out of it and walking again.

It's great to know that Ed Corney is walking again :)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 05:30:19 PM »
It's great to know that Ed Corney is walking again :)

Ed was once a great poser!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 05:50:19 PM »
I think he had some heart condition around 03 or so but i couldn't remember when he last competed before that.
I

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 06:13:12 PM »
i heard that ed likes to house and help pay for young and upcoming bodybuilders. he pays for their food etc.. hes a great guy for doing so, unless he has a hidden agenda  :o
real men= no rubbers

thisiskeith12

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 06:15:57 PM »
i heard that ed likes to house and help pay for young and upcoming bodybuilders. he pays for their food etc.. hes a great guy for doing so, unless he has a hidden agenda  :o

Didn't he used to own a restuarant?

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »
All time best poser
I am a mini beast

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 08:27:25 PM »

What does he get in return? :-X

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 06:16:03 AM »
I'll always remember the scene in pumping iron where Arnold and Padilla were watching him pose onstage and Arnold said
"Now thats posing"

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 06:25:34 AM »
i liked ed doing squats

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 06:28:09 AM »
Ed has a great sense of humour - look at all the posts he makes here under the handle Special Ed :P (special, as in disabled - wheelchair, get it? ;D)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 07:15:03 AM »

I

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 07:16:18 AM »
Superb posing skills
I am a mini beast

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 07:22:01 AM »
I bet if some of todays pros could pose like him they could place higher at shows :)
I

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 07:25:44 AM »
Ed is alive and well and posts on IronAge.us. I don't know if he pays for young bodybuilders though, that's a new one to me.

The Beef

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 10:10:38 AM »
the story i read was that arnold didn't want to be on the cover and recommended ed for it. the reason given that arnold didn't want his image defaced as people do to exposed movie posters.
F

bodybuilder420

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 01:56:11 PM »
Ed and I are good friends - yes he is still alive and he even trains almost daily. He's out of the wheelchair but still has some trouble getting around, but don't ever ask him if he needs help. He is the most determined and inspiring man I've ever met in my life, and he truly loves the sport. One day I asked him if the IFBB paid for his trips to the Arnold and the Olympia, and he said no, but he doesn't want any handouts from anybody, especially the IFBB (but he will take some Champion Nutrition whey off my hands, lol).

Ed's a great guy, and still knows his shit better than anyone in the game now. He'll be at the Contra Costa in Hayward, CA on May 13th right next to my Champion Nutrition booth, so be sure to come out and see us both - I'll also have NPC Middleweight Marco Margiotta and figure competitor Shelly Fields at the booth.
Co-founder of True Sport

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 02:02:34 PM »
Ed Corny is great.  Fantastic BBer in the iron age and still one of the best posers ever.  Incredibly nice guy too.  Ran into him several times at expos.  He told me my girlfriend was hot and I was lucky.....so I know he can't be doing too bad.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 02:03:43 PM »
Ed and I are good friends - yes he is still alive and he even trains almost daily. He's out of the wheelchair but still has some trouble getting around, but don't ever ask him if he needs help. He is the most determined and inspiring man I've ever met in my life, and he truly loves the sport. One day I asked him if the IFBB paid for his trips to the Arnold and the Olympia, and he said no, but he doesn't want any handouts from anybody, especially the IFBB (but he will take some Champion Nutrition whey off my hands, lol).

Ed's a great guy, and still knows his shit better than anyone in the game now. He'll be at the Contra Costa in Hayward, CA on May 13th right next to my Champion Nutrition booth, so be sure to come out and see us both - I'll also have NPC Middleweight Marco Margiotta and figure competitor Shelly Fields at the booth.

Thanks for the update, it's nice to hear he is doing well and lifting weights again. I heard he posts on ironage, is their anyway you could talk him into stopping by this site just for a look, i know everyone here would appreciate him stopping by and saying a word or two.
I

bodybuilder420

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 02:05:02 PM »
I'll let him know that his presence is requested at GetBig. :)
Co-founder of True Sport