Author Topic: Book by onlyme  (Read 4739 times)

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Book by onlyme
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:46:26 PM »
Hey onlyme are you thinking about coming out with a book full of stories from your life? They really are entertaining and Id love to have just a huge collection of them to read.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Book by onlyme
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 09:27:47 PM »
So many people ask me that.  Even at my high school website that I visit everyday.  I am not that interesting I think.  I am pretty sure most everyone on here has stories to tell.  I just am the one who tells them.  I am considering doing a book when I get back into shape.  Once I get there then I think I have a story people will be interested in.  Including allot of my past.  So hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to start writing.

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:06:55 PM »
Nice and trust me theres something about how you tell your stories that pulls the reader in. Good luck!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 03:10:34 AM »
I basically write like I am talking. 

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 03:04:21 PM »
Actually Keith you should hook up with a writer who would take care of the literary angle. I can see the title now: "Onlyme - Education of an Armwrestler" ;D  (Or is it wrist wrestler? I remember you wrote somewhere that there was a distinction.)

In any case, maybe things should start out as an article in MD or the like.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 09:15:51 PM »
Thats a great idea. You can mention how you met the future mr. olympia online too. :)
just push some weight!

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 11:25:29 PM »
And Keith, do not forget Cassidy's, the Red Onion, Tequila Willies, and all the great nights (and morning after’s) in South Bay!!! 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 03:11:12 PM »
Thats a great idea. You can mention how you met the future mr. olympia online too. :)

alexxx = love of self to the exxxtreme

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 08:18:35 AM »
If you ever get the urge to put down, in book form, some of your adventures than you might consider a professional writer's help. Can give him or her a credit byline or just have it ghost written. Most of them will tell you straight up if the book/story is worth the time invested to work on. You will have a limited buyer's market but I don't think that money is a major motivation for you. Not to be buzz breaker but you will probably lose any money invested, sorry to say. Contracts, agents, printing, etc, is very costly. A freelance writer will have you record bit's & pieces of past experiences while their meeting one on one with you. Be surprised how much the memory can be jarred by just some simple questions asked by a good writer.

The new trend in publishing any sort of book is on the internet. E-book's are the coming thing because it's a much cheaper way to produce a book. The overhead is very low because it's self publishing. If you do ever get serious than you may need to establish your own web site, which is another way to get any book (or whatever) noticed.  If either of these draws interest than the bottom line is to get in contact with someone who can help with the legal disclamers, copyrights and other legal mumble jumbo. CYA becomes a major factor in any thing now-a- day's.

The lifting game, as a subculture, is full of stories and odd characters, to say the least. May be time to let the rest of the world know about them. Sometimes life is stranger than fiction. Good Luck.