Author Topic: Dorian Yates kicks Ronnie's ass Hulkster is a punk Bitch and fuck any truce  (Read 3167655 times)

Arkadius

• Getbig III
Re: Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce
« Reply #40200 on: February 10, 2008, 06:21:49 PM »
Arms are not everything in BB, when Dorian beat Ronnie 6 times in a row he also had worse arms than Coleman 8)
R.I.P. Michael

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #40201 on: February 10, 2008, 06:29:05 PM »
Arms are not everything in BB, when Dorian beat Ronnie 6 times in a row he also had worse arms than Coleman 8)

I agree. It is a small percentage of the body's muscle mass overral. Nevertheless, I was at the 1996 and 2000 Olympias, and I believe that Ronnie could beat Yates in his 96 shape. Yates was much harder, but Ronnie would have an advantage in size, taper and roundness to his muscle bellies. Dorian would arguably win the two back mandatories due to his superior back definition and hardness while having comparable back size, but Ronnie would win 2 of the 3 front mandatories, the side chest and the symmetry round. It would be a good show, though. However, they say Yates was much better in 1995, so I don't have a definitive answer.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40202 on: February 10, 2008, 07:02:15 PM »
I never calimed that Yates' biceps were as good as Ronnie's, so I don't understand your point. What I was trying to say is that it is ridiculous to compare Dorian's biceps at 230 lbs with Ronnie's biceps in a picture where he's 270 lbs. That is called bias. For the record, Ronnie's arms are incomparably superior to Dorian's, but play fair and don't make biased comparisons.

hold on, there's nothing biased when the pic of Dorian used is perhaps the best arm shot of him available. If anything, the comparison favors Dorian since there are better arm shots of Ronnie that pumpster or Hulkster could have used. Furthermore, bodyweight is irrelevant in this case. If someone posted a pic of Dorian's arm at a heavier weight, then you'd complain it's unfair b/c his arms got worse.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #40203 on: February 10, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »
hold on, there's nothing biased when the pic of Dorian used is perhaps the best arm shot of him available.

I disagree. On what you're basing this?

If anything, the comparison favors Dorian since there are better arm shots of Ronnie that pumpster or Hulkster could have used.

Maybe, but not by much. That pic is from 2000 if I'm not mistaken, and Ronnie was around his best by then. I guess it depends on what you consider "best". If you're talking about size, then that would be 2003 or 2004 Olympias. Otherwise, it'd be around that time period. How fair is it to compare a picture of Ronnie in his prime to a picture of Yates not in his prime? The individual picture is irrelevant, since we're talking about time periods here. My point is that it's not fair to compare a picture(any) of a prime bodybuilder to a picture(any) of another bodybuilder who's not in his prime.

Furthermore, bodyweight is irrelevant in this case.

Bodyweight is relevant because it correlates with size. Obviously when you get heavier in terms of muscle most of your bodyparts grow, even if some grow more than others.

If someone posted a pic of Dorian's arm at a heavier weight, then you'd complain it's unfair b/c his arms got worse.

Yates best was definitley not when he was at 230 lbs, which is roughly the bodyweight he was in the picture the poster, Pumpster, posted. I contend that Yates' arms were bigger in 1993, with similar quality they had in the picture he posted.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40204 on: February 10, 2008, 07:36:20 PM »
I disagree. On what you're basing this?

that's the only shot I've seen where Dorian's bicep actually looks decent in a bicep pose.

Maybe, but not by much. That pic is from 2000 if I'm not mistaken, and Ronnie was around his best by then. I guess it depends on what you consider "best". If you're talking about size, then that would be 2003 or 2004 Olympias. Otherwise, it'd be around that time period. How fair is it to compare a picture of Ronnie in his prime to a picture of Yates not in his prime? The individual picture is irrelevant, since we're talking about time periods here. My point is that it's not fair to compare a picture(any) of a prime bodybuilder to a picture(any) of another bodybuilder who's not in his prime.

I thought we were comparing arms - NOT physiques. It doesn't matter if Dorian wasn't at his prime in the pic you posted if that's the best his arms ever looked.

Bodyweight is relevant becasue it correlates with size. Obviously when you get heavier in terms of muscle most of your bodyparts grow, even if some grow more than others.

Dorian's arms got progressively worse as he got heavier. If you want to compare Dorian's arms at 275 lbs to Ronnie's at the same weight, then be my guest.

Yates best was definitley not when he was at 230 lbs, which is roughly the bodyweight he was in the picture the poster, Pumpster, posted. I contend that Yates' arms were bigger in 1993, with similar quality they had in the picture he posted.

post the best arm shots of Dorian from 93 and I will post the best ones of Ronnie at the same weight. Then you will see the difference between them is more noticeable than in the comparison pumpster posted.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #40205 on: February 10, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »
that's the only shot I've seen where Dorian's bicep actually looks decent in a bicep pose.

I prefer his 1993 Olympia biceps shot. More size, with almost equal quality.

I thought we were comparing arms - NOT physiques. It doesn't matter if Dorian wasn't at his prime in the pic you posted if that's the best his arms ever looked.

Yates' arms prime was not in the time frame of the picture he posted. His arms prime was around the same time as the rest of his body: 1993, when they were much bigger and still not torn.

Dorian's arms got progressively worse as he got heavier. If you want to compare Dorian's arms at 275 lbs to Ronnie's at the same weight, then be my guest.

No, his arms looked best when he was around 260 lbs. Sure, they were much worse when he was 270 lbs - torn left biceps and triceps. Ronnie's arm prime was probably 1998 Olympia, when Ronnie was 10 lbs lighter than Yates.

post the best arm shots of Dorian from 93 and I will post the best ones of Ronnie at the same weight. Then you will see the difference between them is more noticeable than in the comparison pumpster posted.

No way, dude. Yates did lose some definition and vascularity when he went from 1990 - when the picture Pumpster posted - and 1993, but I believe that the loss was small when comapred to the gains he had in size.

As for the picture Pumpster posted, it might not be "the" best arm picture of Ronnie, but it was certainly one of the best. And he compared it to one of Dorian's arms from when he was tiny. How is this not bias?

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40206 on: February 10, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »
I prefer his 1993 Olympia biceps shot. More size, with almost equal quality.

huh? ???

Yates' arms prime was not in the time frame of the picture he posted. His arms prime was around the same time as the rest of his body: 1993, when they were much bigger and still not torn.

no

No, his arms looked best when he was around 260 lbs. Sure, they were much worse when he was 270 lbs - torn left biceps and triceps. Ronnie's arm prime was probably 1998 Olympia, when Ronnie was 10 lbs lighter than Yates.

actually, Ronnie's arms looked their best in 04 when he weighed around 290 lbs.

No way, dude. Yates did lose some definition and vascularity when he went from 1990 - when the picture Pumpster posted - and 1993, but I believe that the loss was small when comapred to the gains he had in size.

I don't see any shots of Dorian's arms from 93.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40207 on: February 10, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
huh? ???

no

Typical retarded shit, posting a shot where Yates isn't even flexing yet  ::). I guess I will wait for ND to correct you again as usual.  ::) FYI everyone, according to neo the neck isn't judged even though it states it directly in the rule book hahahahahahah. If this dummy had any comprehension of human anatomy like he claims he would know well that one origin of the trap is the external occipital protuberance which is well above what we consider the "neck."
Team Yates

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #40208 on: February 10, 2008, 08:46:04 PM »
huh? ???

What's your point? they certainly look better than in the picture that guy posted.

no

Elaborate. I think they do.

But acording to your logic, Ronnie's arms would look better at the 1998 Olympia. Let's see: you prefer Dorian's arms from that shot from the 1990 Night of Champions over that of his arms from the 1993 Olympia despite the enormous size difference. What does that tell me? It tells me that there is something other than size that you value more. That "something" can only possibly be definition, striations and vascularity. You know, exactly the same things Ronnie's arms lost when he got bigger. ;)

I believe those pictures have been posted in this thread innumerable times. And by the way, if you are going to use the deus ex machinae argument that size is all that matters and then choose Ronnie in his 290 lbs form as his "best", then the argument is over. We all know that the I.F.B.B favors size over conditioning and ignores distended midsections, so of course Ronnie would win. Yet, I contend that size is not all that matters, and that Ronnie was at his best around the same bodyweight as Yates.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40209 on: February 10, 2008, 08:49:56 PM »
Typical retarded shit, posting a shot where Yates isn't even flexing yet. I guess I will wait for ND to correct you again as usual.

Dorian is flexing in that shot, you dumbass. Watch the video. He hits that pose where he keeps one arm half-way up. If you think you can come up with a better pic of Dorian's arm from the back, then feel free to post it.

FYI everyone, according to neo the neck isn't judged even though it states it directly in the rule book hahahahahahah. If this dummy had any comprehension of human anatomy like he claims he would know well that one origin of the trap is the external occipital protuberance which is well above what we consider the "neck."

what's amusing is you trying to discredit me rather than address my post. "Oh, Neo was wrong about the neck being judged in bodybuilding. So he must be wrong about Dorian's arms. ROFLCOPTER." ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #40210 on: February 10, 2008, 08:51:42 PM »
Coleman has no more than 4" on each arm over the keg's flapjacks.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #40211 on: February 10, 2008, 08:56:58 PM »
The bricklayer's tris had deep cuts BUT were undersized regarding the competition, like his bis.

Especially noticable against guys with better tri size like Coleman and Levrone.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40212 on: February 10, 2008, 09:01:10 PM »
What's your point? they certainly look better than in the picture that guy posted.

don't play dumb. Dorian's arms look better in the pic you posted of him at a lighter weight than in the pic from 93.

Elaborate. I think they do.

Dorian's arms looked flatter and had worse proportion between the biceps and triceps in 93.

But acording to your logic, Ronnie's arms would look better at the 1998 Olympia. Let's see: you prefer Dorian's arms from that shot from the 1990 Night of Champions over that of his arms from the 1993 Olympia despite the enormous size difference. What does that tell me? It tells me that there is something other than size that you value more. That "something" can only possibly be definition, striations and vascularity. You know, exactly the same things Ronnie's arms lost when he got bigger.

what do you mean "according to your logic?" I already stated that an individual body part and the whole physique can look their best at different times.

I believe those pictures have been posted in this thread innumerable times. And by the way, if you are going to use the deus ex machinae argument that size is all that matters and then choose Ronnie in his 290 lbs form as his "best", then the argument is over. We all know that the I.F.B.B favors size over conditioning and ignores distended midsections, so of course Ronnie would win. Yet, I contend that size is not all that matters, and that Ronnie was at his best around the same bodyweight as Yates.

I still don't see any pics of Dorian's arms from 93. ;)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40213 on: February 10, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »
I know what will happen as soon as I post shots of Dorian's arm in 93. The nuthuggers will b*tch and moan that I'm using the worst pics available, yet they will avoid posting any good shots of him (which apparently "have been posted innumerable times" but are mysteriously nowhere to be found) like the plague.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #40214 on: February 10, 2008, 09:16:16 PM »
 :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40215 on: February 10, 2008, 09:24:53 PM »
Dorian is flexing in that shot, you dumbass. Watch the video. He hits that pose where he keeps one arm half-way up. If you think you can come up with a better pic of Dorian's arm from the back, then feel free to post it.

what's amusing is you trying to discredit me rather than address my post. "Oh, Neo was wrong about the neck being judged in bodybuilding. So he must be wrong about Dorian's arms. ROFLCOPTER." ::)

1) Actually, that is a transition shot of Yates going into a back double biceps pose. He has clearly not hit the pose yet. The only 1 arm shots Yates hits that I know of are the Arnold type one where you put you hand flat and point and the shot where he puts one arm behind his head. It's obvious the picture you posted is neither of these (it's obviously a favorite camp Coleman shot you all love bad shots of Yates thinking you've proven something) LOL.

2) At least you can admit you were wrong hahaha

Team Yates

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40216 on: February 10, 2008, 09:31:48 PM »
yawn, Dorian's arms look like shit there. Here are pics of Ronnie at the same or less bodyweight.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #40217 on: February 11, 2008, 05:42:06 AM »
  Acoording to NeoSeminole, this comparison favors Dorian. Wtf ??? So how is comparing Ronnie's arms from when he was in his prime to Yates' from when he was barely a pro favoring Dorian? He is even more biased than that Pumpster guy. :-\

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #40218 on: February 11, 2008, 06:22:36 AM »
  Acoording to NeoSeminole, this comparison favors Dorian. Wtf ??? So how is comparing Ronnie's arms from when he was in his prime to Yates' from when he was barely a pro favoring Dorian? He is even more biased than that Pumpster guy. :-\

Take a deep breath, then firmly place nose & biases where they belong. :-*

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #40219 on: February 11, 2008, 08:17:40 AM »
Take a deep breath, then firmly place nose & biases where they belong.

I believe I have already told you that making ad hominem invective and personal attacks only makes you look stupid. You are the last one to speak of bias. You obviously hate Yates for whatever reasons, and the many insults you have made to him prove that. You get very emotional when talking about Yates and it shows. I won't address any more of your posts because you obviously have an agenda other than physique assesment when it comes to Dorian vs Ronnie.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40220 on: February 11, 2008, 09:10:47 AM »
Acoording to NeoSeminole, this comparison favors Dorian. Wtf So how is comparing Ronnie's arms from when he was in his prime to Yates' from when he was barely a pro favoring Dorian? He is even more biased than that Pumpster guy.

I have asked you several times now to post a shot where Dorian's arms look better, which you have yet to do. Comparing the best arm pic of Dorian available to a typical arm pic of Ronnie is biased in favor of Dorian. It's irrelevant how bad Dorian gets destroyed in the comparison.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #40221 on: February 11, 2008, 10:34:35 AM »
Both guys in their prime. -10 pounds or equal body weight for Ronnie, and yates still loses in the arms department.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #40222 on: February 11, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »
Both guys in their prime. -10 pounds or equal body weight for Ronnie, and yates still loses in the arms department.

In that case, the keg has narrowed the arm size gap to around 3.75" on each arm. Each of the keg's biceps is as bereft of cuts and vascularity as his tris have both. :D

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40223 on: February 11, 2008, 12:39:39 PM »
some arm comparisons I made back in the day.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #40224 on: February 11, 2008, 04:28:03 PM »
LOL comparing dorian's arms to ronnie's is like comparing horse shit to ice cream.
Flower Boy Ran Away