Author Topic: Dorian Yates kicks Ronnie's ass Hulkster is a punk Bitch and fuck any truce  (Read 3113206 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce
« Reply #41425 on: July 30, 2008, 05:09:52 PM »
oh and i almost forgot the infamous, " yeah but you had to see Dorian IN PERSON, the pictures don't show how big and ripped he was" ::)

Dorian is the ONLY bodybuilder whose fans resort to that excuse.  How come you never here people say, "you just had to see Ronnie or Shawn or Levrone or Nasser, etc." in person, pictures dont tell anything. 

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #41426 on: July 30, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
this picture says it all, Nasser looking way bigger, better conditioned and more complete but knowing he's about to get the title stolen from him yet again.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41427 on: July 30, 2008, 06:15:02 PM »
Ronnie Coleman should be praised for finally ending the unfortunate tradition of reigning mr Olympias having big backs and no arms.

Thank you Ron for closing the door on a truly dark chapter of bodybuilding history.

this is true. it was embarassing to the sport to have 13 years of Mr. Olympia's with peashooter arms.. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41428 on: July 30, 2008, 06:16:51 PM »
oh and i almost forgot the infamous, " yeah but you had to see Dorian IN PERSON, the pictures don't show how big and ripped he was" ::)

yeah, because in pics and videos he gets killed all the time! lol

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41429 on: July 30, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »
Dorian is the ONLY bodybuilder whose fans resort to that excuse.  How come you never here people say, "you just had to see Ronnie or Shawn or Levrone or Nasser, etc." in person, pictures dont tell anything. 

you don't hear anyone say that excuse because you don't have 4 billion pics of them being owned but still winning...

as is the case with dorian: :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41430 on: July 30, 2008, 07:03:42 PM »
this is true. it was embarassing to the sport to have 13 years of Mr. Olympia's with peashooter arms.. :-\

or 16 years worth of peashooter calves.

you really don't understand the concept of bodybuilding.

ronnie can never hide those oil bags he calls calves, but in some shots, ronnie's arms aren't even close to dorian's.

owned as always.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #41431 on: July 30, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »
or 16 years worth of peashooter calves.

you really don't understand the concept of bodybuilding.

ronnie can never hide those oil bags he calls calves, but in some shots, ronnie's arms aren't even close to dorian's.

owned as always.

Here are Yates' triceps and bis without being able to push them against his side to create the illusion of size that really wasn't there. That illusion was always seen in the side-tri, the only solid arm shot Yates ever showed, as reflected in the dearth of pics in any other arm pose that look even halfway decent.

OWNED

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41432 on: July 30, 2008, 08:23:12 PM »
That illusion was always seen.

welcome to professional bodybuilding.

its all about presentation.

i guess you wouldn't know traning at home on your bowflex.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #41433 on: July 31, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »
Ok, first of all, if you continue to alter my posts I will address you again by "SemenHole" and we both know how much you hate that. ;)

apparently, you cannot read b/c nowhere did I say either bodybuilder is actually made of granite.

Ugh...where did I state that you claimed that Dorian was made of granite? My point is that you are assuming that we are talking about a tactile perception, whilst in fact we are talking about a visual one. And I said that the muscles look "hard" because that is a propert of granite and by saying that we are implying that the muscles look like granite. Stop making such a big deal of semantics and metaphors because its getting old.

I said that whatever criteria you are using can equally be applied to Ronnie, and there is nothing you can say to disprove it. Saying that Dorian looks like polished granite is no different than me saying Ronnie looks like polished ebony marble (as gay as that sounds, ugh sometimes I hate bodybuilding). Then I went on to provide an explanation for why I believe Ronnie has better conditioning than Dorian. I have yet to see an intelligent defense from you explaining how Dorian looks harder without creating an abstract definition that can be applied to anyone.

If you want an objective criteria to asses hardness, then I don't have one. But the problem here is that you guys also claim for Ronnie advantages that are impossible to quantify. For instance, "shape". How can you measure shape and say that one bodybuiulder has better shape than the other? It is a completely arbitrary, anachronistic and unmeasurable property that you guys keep bringing up as evidence that Ronnie is better. I can make up or bring ex nihilo several things that can be used to claim that Dorian is better, and you wouldn't be able to prob]ve me wrong. So if I give up hardness, then you guys give up unmeasurable properties like shape and aesthetics as well. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #41434 on: July 31, 2008, 09:45:46 AM »
Ugh...where did I state that you claimed that Dorian was made of granite?

right here, son. ;)

"When we claim that Dorian looks harder, we are using the word metaphorically and not literally."

no shit you are speaking metaphorically instead of literally. The only purpose for your comment was to insinuate that I actually think you meant Dorian was hard as granite to the touch.

My point is that you are assuming that we are talking about a tactile perception, whilst in fact we are talking about a visual one. And I said that the muscles look "hard" because that is a propert of granite and by saying that we are implying that the muscles look like granite. Stop making such a big deal of semantics and metaphors because its getting old.

you're missing the point. Dorian's muscles look no more like granite than they do like play dough. To borrow your argument, play dough is soft and smooth and Dorian's muscles look like play dough.

If you want an objective criteria to asses hardness, then I don't have one. But the problem here is that you guys also claim for Ronnie advantages that are impossible to quantify. For instance, "shape". How can you measure shape and say that one bodybuiulder has better shape than the other? It is a completely arbitrary, anachronistic and unmeasurable property that you guys keep bringing up as evidence that Ronnie is better. I can make up or bring ex nihilo several things that can be used to claim that Dorian is better, and you wouldn't be able to prob]ve me wrong. So if I give up hardness, then you guys give up unmeasurable properties like shape and aesthetics as well.

shape and aesthetics can be determined using objective criteria. The universal consensus in the bodybuilding community is that guys like Steve Reeves, Bob Paris, Lee Labrada, and Flex Wheeler are aesthetic. When we analyze their physiques, we find the aforementioned possess relatively wide shoulders, a narrow waist, small joints, round muscle bellies, and a harmonious flow between individual muscle groups. Thus we can establish a criteria for assessing shape and aesthetics.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #41435 on: July 31, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »
right here, son. ;)

"When we claim that Dorian looks harder, we are using the word metaphorically and not literally."
no shit you are speaking metaphorically instead of literally. The only purpose for your comment was to insinuate that I actually think you meant Dorian was hard as granite to the touch.

No, of course not. You were accusing me of trying to describe a tactile property visually, and what I meant by claiming that I am using the word metaphorically is that you are making the assumption that it is even possible to describe a tactile perception visually - otherwise you wouldn't even have brought this point up, which you did. Since this is impossible, then obviously the word is used metaphorically, which is exactly my point.

you're missing the point. Dorian's muscles look no more like granite than they do like play dough. To borrow your argument, play dough is soft and smooth and Dorian's muscles look like play dough.

No, Dorian's muscles look like granite, which is the reason I claim they look hard since granite is also hard. Obviously, his muscles don't look hard or soft, but the word was never meant to be taken literally.

shape and aesthetics can be determined using objective criteria. The universal consensus in the bodybuilding community is that guys like Steve Reeves, Bob Paris, Lee Labrada, and Flex Wheeler are aesthetic. When we analyze their physiques, we find the aforementioned possess relatively wide shoulders, a narrow waist, small joints, round muscle bellies, and a harmonious flow between individual muscle groups. Thus we can establish a criteria for assessing shape and aesthetics.

No, we can't quantify aesthetics and it is not objective. Dorian won the Olympia six times without having most of the aforementined characteristics. Nasser was blocky and won the Arnold and placed second at the Olympia. For you to say that shape is objective, you'd first have to decide what it is, and then you'd have to prove that bodybuilder A has more of it than bodybuilder B. For instance, how do you decide that a muscle of a bodybuilder has superior shape than the equivalent muscle of another bodybuilder? Define "superior shape"? What looks better for you may not look better for me, and vice-versa. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. For instance, one could argue that the roundness of a muscle is what dictates it's aesthetics, but then this is just an opinion and there are many instances where squareness in a muscle is more aesthetis than roundness. For instance, Steve Reeve's pecs are considered by many the most aesthetic ever, and it is exactly their square shape that made them look so good.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41436 on: July 31, 2008, 05:21:05 PM »
No, Dorian's muscles look like granite, which is the reason I claim they look hard since granite is also hard

no they don't: ::)

they are doughy as hell.
Flower Boy Ran Away

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #41437 on: July 31, 2008, 05:21:50 PM »
get a life loserz  ;D

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41438 on: July 31, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »
Hulkster you are stupid as they come. Dorian looks hard like a rock here, especially his quads.

Team Yates

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41439 on: July 31, 2008, 06:59:37 PM »
Hulkster you are stupid as they come. Dorian looks hard like a rock here, especially his quads.

they look incredibly soft compared to this:

sorry.
Flower Boy Ran Away

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41440 on: July 31, 2008, 07:03:11 PM »
 ::)
I am a big baby

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41441 on: July 31, 2008, 08:59:45 PM »
i love how all the Dorian nuthuggers can ignore the fact that Nasser and Ronnie both kill Dorian in every bodypart and then bring up a bodypart as insignificant as calves. ::)

You mean grasping at straws? lol

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41442 on: July 31, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »
You mean grasping at straws? lol
RC is da man live with it bitchs'
I am a big baby

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #41443 on: July 31, 2008, 11:46:03 PM »
No, of course not. You were accusing me of trying to describe a tactile property visually, and what I meant by claiming that I am using the word metaphorically is that you are making the assumption that it is even possible to describe a tactile perception visually - otherwise you wouldn't even have brought this point up, which you did. Since this is impossible, then obviously the word is used metaphorically, which is exactly my point.

I accused you of trying to describe a tactile perception based on visual evidence b/c you are. You said yourself that hardness is a property of granite and Dorian's muscles look hard.

No, Dorian's muscles look like granite, which is the reason I claim they look hard since granite is also hard. Obviously, his muscles don't look hard or soft, but the word was never meant to be taken literally.

no, Dorian's muscles don't look like granite otherwise I wouldn't have a problem with your comment.

No, we can't quantify aesthetics and it is not objective. Dorian won the Olympia six times without having most of the aforementined characteristics. Nasser was blocky and won the Arnold and placed second at the Olympia. For you to say that shape is objective, you'd first have to decide what it is, and then you'd have to prove that bodybuilder A has more of it than bodybuilder B. For instance, how do you decide that a muscle of a bodybuilder has superior shape than the equivalent muscle of another bodybuilder? Define "superior shape"? What looks better for you may not look better for me, and vice-versa. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. For instance, one could argue that the roundness of a muscle is what dictates it's aesthetics, but then this is just an opinion and there are many instances where squareness in a muscle is more aesthetis than roundness. For instance, Steve Reeve's pecs are considered by many the most aesthetic ever, and it is exactly their square shape that made them look so good.

yes, we can establish an objective criteria for determining aesthetics. I already listed several bodybuilders who are widely regarded as having the most aesthetic physiques of all-time. They all possess relatively broad shoulders, a narrow waist, and small joints. Are you honestly trying to argue that a wide waist and thick joints are more aesthetic in bodybuilding? I hope not. Furthermore, upon closer examination we find the most visually appealing physiques also possess long, round muscle bellies in general. Square pecs, round delts, low lat origins, peaked biceps, long triceps, and quad sweep are all examples of ideal muscle shape.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #41444 on: August 01, 2008, 03:58:25 AM »
there was a picture of Dorian standing next to Ronnie in the 1996 British GrandPrix, really showed Dorian's conditioning there. He was very dry, the texture of his skin like sand/rocks.

ND posted it up before, thats a good example.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #41445 on: August 01, 2008, 04:32:15 AM »
Coleman was never this conditioned. If the Coleman nut-huggers want to talk about arms, the vascularity and detail displayed in Yates' arms here is just unreal:

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41446 on: August 01, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »
Coleman was never this conditioned. If the Coleman nut-huggers want to talk about arms, the vascularity and detail displayed in Yates' arms here is just unreal:

are you really that stupid?

open your eyes idiot:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41447 on: August 01, 2008, 05:49:26 PM »
 peak ronnie's arms (and most other body parts) make dorian's look like an amateur's.. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41448 on: August 01, 2008, 06:22:14 PM »
there was a picture of Dorian standing next to Ronnie in the 1996 British GrandPrix, really showed Dorian's conditioning there. He was very dry, the texture of his skin like sand/rocks.

Here's a good pic of them standing on the same stage with the bricklayer having his ass handed to him, except for the phoney scoring.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41449 on: August 01, 2008, 06:24:03 PM »
Once again the piano mover dominated this time by Padilla, except for the arbitrary "scoring" from a highly commercial enterprise named the IFBB.

Padilla a classic example of IFBB hijinks. As ND herself has been unable to explain in any convincing manner, 1981, Columbu and his "win" were a travesty, like some of the keg's abortions.