Author Topic: Dorian Yates kicks Ronnie's ass Hulkster is a punk Bitch and fuck any truce  (Read 3151114 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Re: Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce
« Reply #7575 on: August 01, 2006, 11:15:35 AM »
Same pix over and over again, same stories put it diff. phrasing. It's a really interesting thread i wish i could kill it!  >:(
#

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7576 on: August 01, 2006, 11:17:49 AM »
Same pix over and over again, same stories put it diff. phrasing. It's a really interesting thread i wish i could kill it!

Head right on over to the better ones. Don't let the door hit you on the way out & thanx for a valuable contribution.  ::)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #7577 on: August 01, 2006, 11:19:23 AM »
Head right on over to the better ones. Don't let the door hit you on the way out & thanx for a valuable contribution.  ::)

Next time i see the same pix over and over again, same stories put in different words over and over again i'll try to be more considerate bro.  ::)
#

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7578 on: August 01, 2006, 12:39:31 PM »
the problem i have with this argument, especially with fags like hulkster and pumpster (seriously guys, you like ronnie a bit too much) is that you guys totally shit on dorian.

i've said that coleman may have beaten yates.  he's a great bber, and probably the best of all time based on his Mr. O wins (he'll get 9 this year) and the other shows he's won. 

my whole point is that dorian would be extremely competitive next to coleman, and could maybe beat him.  but you talk about dorian like he is kamaili, ken jones, or any other shitty bber.

I disagree here.

Prior to this thread and its predeccessors i was never that stoic a critic of dorian, however on closer inspection he had numerous flaws that i just cant overlook.

Now, it may simply be a case that in retrospect he wasnt as great as he was viewed in his heyday, hell i'd pick several bbers over him anyday to have reigned at the top during those years and i feel the sport is poorer because of his reign.

Like hulkster said, he was actually overrated. Not the most over rated bber, that honour would probably go to flex wheeler, but he definetly was.

The judges overlooked his serious flaws and focused on his "condition" and granite like mass.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7579 on: August 01, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »
every bodybuilder has flaws. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #7580 on: August 01, 2006, 01:34:14 PM »
every bodybuilder has flaws. 

Very lazy, simplistic statement that suggests that everyone's flaws are equal. Obviously some have far more flaws than others, Yates being in the latter category to many with repulsive aesthetics to match.

Quote from: IceCold on Today at 02:13:53 PM
the problem i have with this argument, especially with fags like hulkster and pumpster (seriously guys, you like ronnie a bit too much) is that you guys totally shit on dorian.

i've said that coleman may have beaten yates.  he's a great bber, and probably the best of all time based on his Mr. O wins (he'll get 9 this year) and the other shows he's won. 

my whole point is that dorian would be extremely competitive next to coleman, and could maybe beat him.  but you talk about dorian like he is kamaili, ken jones, or any other shitty bber.

Idiotic statement-I'm not a huge Coleman fan, so you're completely off. It's obviously never occurred to you that Coleman's just that much better, to an impartial observer.

No, Yates would not be extremely competitive next to Coleman because (1) physically Colelman's way ahead, (2) has much fewer flaws, (3) has far better aesthetics, and (4) Yates wouldn't be the beneficiary of the same Weider politics in this particular contest.

Yates is disliked by many, including some prominent, great BBers. Why is it they don't like him and you don't get it? Because to many he barely even looks like a BB, beginning with a blocky silhouette better suited to powerlifting. That is the antithesis of BB to many.

Your reverence of Yates wouldn't be so high, nor would this thread even exist, had not Yates benefitted mightily from Weider politics and largesse.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7581 on: August 01, 2006, 01:58:29 PM »
Very lazy, simplistic statement that suggests that everyone's flaws are equal. Obviously some have far more flaws than others, Yates being in the latter category to many with repulsive aesthetics to match.

Idiotic statement-I'm not a huge Coleman fan, so you're completely off. It's obviously never occurred to you that Coleman's just that much better, to an impartial observer.

No, Yates would not be extremely competitive next to Coleman because (1) physically Colelman's way ahead, (2) has much fewer flaws, (3) has far better aesthetics, and (4) Yates wouldn't be the beneficiary of the same Weider politics in this particular contest.

Yates is disliked by many, including some prominent, great BBers. Why is it they don't like him and you don't get it? Because to many he barely even looks like a BB, beginning with a blocky silhouette better suited to powerlifting. That is the antithesis of BB to many.

Your reverence of Yates wouldn't be so high, nor would this thread even exist, had not Yates benefitted mightily from Weider politics and largesse.

Good post in parts.

I've heard often of disparaging remarks made about him from other bbers including oliva and arnold who started this game so who are we too argue.

His aesthetics do reek. This is unequivocal. He looks more like a dieted down, chunky powerlifter than the polished statues the bbing world was accustomed to during the 70s and 80's.

As for politics, well i'm not goin to debate this point. On one side it made no sense repeatedly awarding this type of physique over more "attractive" and marketable bodies out there. The judging was clearly askew during this era is all i will say.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7582 on: August 01, 2006, 02:01:12 PM »

you act like ronnie is flawless. he has his fair share of flaws too - triceps, abs, calves, gyno, a gut, etc.  So how is he physically way a head of dorian?  bc he's bigger?  like i said, he wouldnt be that size he was competiting against dorian.   yes, coleman has better aesthetics than dorian, but dorian has better conditioning.

not liked in the industry?  by who and how the fuck do you know?  from what i've read and heard, he's one of the most respected competitors ever.

politics from the weiders?  you mean like in 2001 when ronnie was losing the contest but came back to win the posing rounds (when his posing aint nothing special) against jay cutler politics?   yates was never behind in any olympia.  he beat the best in their prime, so how is that overrated?  

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #7583 on: August 01, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »
No, I never said Coleman's flawless-what I explained to you, someone who doesn't see grey very well, is that it's a matter of degree. Coleman's degree of flaw is considerably lower than Yates, who has serious problems.

politics from the weiders?  you mean like in 2001 when ronnie was losing the contest but came back to win the posing rounds (when his posing aint nothing special) against jay cutler politics?   yates was never behind in any olympia.  he beat the best in their prime, so how is that overrated? 

You must have very little depth of knowledge to start with 2001 when in fact this stuff's been going on since the 1960s. Educate yourself.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #7584 on: August 01, 2006, 02:12:38 PM »
chris looks better to me than ronnie. ronnie is big but some kind looks skinny, his body reminds me of a insect when he s dieted down.

but these 2 clowns think that they re writing getbig hisory and they will be remembeed for thusands of years.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7585 on: August 01, 2006, 02:13:12 PM »

politics from the weiders?  you mean like in 2001 when ronnie was losing the contest but came back to win the posing rounds (when his posing aint nothing special) against jay cutler politics?   yates was never behind in any olympia.  he beat the best in their prime, so how is that overrated?  

I'll only comment your last statement. Don't fall for over relying on judges score sheets.

Have you ever questioned that jay cutler maybe shouldnt have won the muscularity and symmetry rounds in 2001. Perhaps if people focused on that aspect of the comp and not ronnies remarkable come back, 2001 might seem controversial for different reasons.

That yates had straight firsts or was never behind doesnt mean shit when you look at the visual evidence from the some of the comps where he was awarded such perfect scores, eg, 1994.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #7586 on: August 01, 2006, 02:14:24 PM »
you 2 hoe's mustbe best friends by now.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #7587 on: August 01, 2006, 02:14:56 PM »
you 2 hoe's mustbe best friends by now.

2nd that
#

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7588 on: August 01, 2006, 02:33:37 PM »
No, I never said Coleman's flawless-what I explained to you, someone who doesn't see grey very well, is that it's a matter of degree. Coleman's degree of flaw is considerably lower than Yates, who has serious problems.

You must have very little depth of knowledge to start with 2001 when in fact this stuff's been going on since the 1960s. Educate yourself.

you made it sound like yates was the only won to get a favorable decision from the judges.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #7589 on: August 01, 2006, 02:36:38 PM »
you made it sound like yates was the only won to get a favorable decision from the judges.

If you read any of the preceeding pages and other forums it's pretty clear that many feel that way regarding at least some of his wins.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7590 on: August 01, 2006, 02:39:38 PM »
If you read any of the preceeding pages and other forums it's pretty clear that many feel that way regarding at least some of his wins.

as well as many contests with many other bbers.  dorian isnt the only one, though. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #7591 on: August 01, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »
this is why Ronnie is physically better than dorian:

hint: its not about size. Shape is probably the main reason why ronnie looks so much better than dorian, that and detail in crucial main areas such as arms, quads, pecs, glutes/hams and delts.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #7592 on: August 01, 2006, 02:57:17 PM »
Coleman's lats NEVER EVER popped out this much, nor were they ever that thick, at any weight 8)

wrong.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #7593 on: August 01, 2006, 03:01:39 PM »

its not rocket science to see why ronnie is better.

people oughta know by now how to judge a bodybuilding contest...
Flower Boy Ran Away

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7594 on: August 01, 2006, 03:35:19 PM »

wrong.

yates' lats are much thicker than ronnie's in any of those pics you just posted.

you posted a pic of ronnie from 98 that is under 250 lbs. with gyno against a much harder and denser dorian.

if you prefer coleman's phsyique to dorian's that is fine,  but dont shit all over dorian.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7595 on: August 01, 2006, 07:00:12 PM »
Bump.  ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #7596 on: August 01, 2006, 07:18:19 PM »
yates' lats are much thicker than ronnie's in any of those pics you just posted.

He's completely left out yesterday's claim that Yates is wider following a barrage of pics to the contrary.  ;D

As far as back thickness, your claim rings equally hollow and remains unproven. Words are cheap. ;)

On yesterday's false claim..
Coleman's lats NEVER EVER popped out this much, nor were they ever that thick, at any weight

Coleman wins on width AND taper = POP OUT MORE = OWNED

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #7597 on: August 01, 2006, 07:28:50 PM »
the entire pro dorian argument has been like that:

-babble on for hours

-get shown pics that totally prove them wrong

-pretend pics/video's don't exist.

-continue babbling
Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #7598 on: August 01, 2006, 07:45:08 PM »
Front Double Biceps

Ronnie >>> Dorian

Front Lat Spread

Tie

Side Triceps

Dorian >>> Ronnie

Side Chest

Ronnie >>> Dorian

Rear Double Biceps

Ronnie >>> Dorian

Rear Lat Spread

Ronnie >>> Dorian

Abs and Thighs

Dorian >>> Ronnie

Most Muscular

Ronnie >>> Dorian

Dorian: 2
Ronnie: 5

Dorian does not have better overall balance. How can someone whom many consider to have the greatest back of all time with mediocre arms be called more balanced? It makes no sense. I'm not saying Ronnie's calves aren't a defecit either. If anything, both men are equally balanced (or unbalanced). It can be argued that arms have greater importance than calves in bodybuilding. There is a front double biceps and rear double biceps, but no pose with "calves" in the name. So quit saying Dorian is more balanced than Ronnie.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7599 on: August 01, 2006, 07:56:23 PM »
the entire pro dorian argument has been like that:

-babble on for hours

-get shown pics that totally prove them wrong

-pretend pics/video's don't exist.

-continue babbling

very true.  this debate could really go on for ever.