Author Topic: Updated Board: Bodybuilding Fans & Friends Board  (Read 3208 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Updated Board: Bodybuilding Fans & Friends Board
« on: May 03, 2006, 11:59:27 PM »
In the last few weeks, I have received quite a number of e-mails and PM’s of Getbig members wanting to have a place to communicate with the pros, amateurs and experts. A place where the true bodybuilding fan can come to and have a positive experience in discussion. While this has been here for a while, a name change and a push for interaction via pros, competitors, and others who otherwise don’t want to post for various purposes has been made.

Please visit it, but I warn any and all. The board will be heavily moderated, and a place where positive discussions, questions and more without attacks will take place, regardless of if it is an expert, competitor or fan. All other posts will be deleted.  If you are not a fan, then don't come. Enjoy.

Here is the info:

Bodybuilding Fans & Friends

A board for the bodybuilders and fans of bodybuilding. Pros, amateurs, experts and fans can share discussions, info, news on bodybuilders in a positive way. Find out about the pros and more. No attacks or negative posts.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Updated Board: Bodybuilding Fans & Friends Board
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »
Classy move.

Bast175

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 02:03:34 AM »
Yea chick was having an emotional breakdown, so it's for the best.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 03:20:34 AM »
A board where the pro's can stroke their ego's, intriguing

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 05:19:43 AM »
some federation must feel threatened to suggest this

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 07:35:28 AM »
Nice we can send all the groupies there , while the OBJECTIVE voices remain in the REAL BOARD!!
L

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 11:13:37 AM »
Good move!  :) Keep the haters away!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 04:11:13 PM »
Yeah boards like that can ruin you rep ::) I know i don't want to be seen on a board like that, that's why i don't go to other sites cause they always seem to suck off all the pros on their sites and you don't hear how people really feel. But i guess it's great for those who like that kind of thing ::)
I

ironjudgement

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:30:27 PM »
Good luck Ron. It only took the haters minutes to trash your post. I will give it a shot.
ironjudgement (aka - ironangel)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 07:02:50 PM »
I know i don't want to be seen on a board like that

Then don't go to the board.

The point of the board is to talk to a pro or anyone the same way you would talk to them if you met them at the expo.  If you can't do that, then don't go there. Respect. It is that simple.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »
Then don't go to the board.

The point of the board is to talk to a pro or anyone the same way you would talk to them if you met them at the expo.  If you can't do that, then don't go there. Respect. It is that simple.

I was joking, i have already been there and i like it :)
I

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 09:18:08 AM »
In the last few weeks, I have received quite a number of e-mails and PM’s of Getbig members wanting to have a place to communicate with the pros, amateurs and experts. A place where the true bodybuilding fan can come to and have a positive experience in discussion. While this has been here for a while, a name change and a push for interaction via pros, competitors, and others who otherwise don’t want to post for various purposes has been made.

Please visit it, but I warn any and all. The board will be heavily moderated, and a place where positive discussions, questions and more without attacks will take place, regardless of if it is an expert, competitor or fan. All other posts will be deleted.  If you are not a fan, then don't come. Enjoy.

Here is the info:

Bodybuilding Fans & Friends

A board for the bodybuilders and fans of bodybuilding. Pros, amateurs, experts and fans can share discussions, info, news on bodybuilders in a positive way. Find out about the pros and more. No attacks or negative posts.

good move Ron

i think its the only thing to do. its a shame though because it will make this board less interesting

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 09:38:04 AM »
It's sad to say, but the feelgood play-nice place is a ghost town already.  People like controversy.

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 09:52:52 AM »
It's sad to say, but the feelgood play-nice place is a ghost town already.  People like controversy.

Yeah like it or not Ron thats what keeps people coming to these boards! i mean its gotta be interesting to keep ppls attention that doesnt mean it has to be full of baseless attacks but it does mean we need to have a bit of fun and some heated debates.

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 12:57:04 PM »
A few threads started by the pros would help to kick things off over there.  With a reasonable amount of pro-to-fan interaction, I think the F&F board could challenge this board for popularity within a few months.

Coupling the pros' experience with the fans' desire to focus effort (physically AND mentally), it has to be a winning combination.  The ((EXACT)) same drive to interact with the pros - which was largely negative on this board - can be turned positive on the F&F board.

hahahahaha ok "Don Miracle" hahahahaha oh brother hahahahaha

but seriously that will never happen!

if the new board becomes popular then it will just be the same as this board

if the mods dont allow it to become like this board and both boards suffer through lack of interest then Get Bigs popularity will likewise suffer

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 04:03:18 PM »
hahahahaha ok "Don Miracle" hahahahaha oh brother hahahahaha

but seriously that will never happen!

if the new board becomes popular then it will just be the same as this board

if the mods dont allow it to become like this board and both boards suffer through lack of interest then Get Bigs popularity will likewise suffer

The attacks on the pros will just be a little more subtle ;D