Author Topic: Has anyone tried one of these...  (Read 8088 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Has anyone tried one of these...
« on: May 04, 2006, 06:21:18 AM »
I've been considering getting an endless pools swim machine.

They sent me a cool free DVD from their website, http://www.endlesspools.com/index.html, and it looks pretty good.

Was wondering if anyone has one or has ever used one, ...if so what do you think of it?
w

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: Has anyone tried one of these...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 06:27:27 AM »
how come they advertise with so many old people? looks like it would be nice in the start but after a few months you would rather trade it for a jucuzzi to just sit and relax in.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 06:29:14 AM »
i have like ten of those  :D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 06:35:54 AM »
Honestly, I worry for jaguar.. when she's posting affiliate links like 240 you know she is in trouble.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 06:43:59 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAH  she's trying to sell this fucking machine but she makes an initial post that makes it seem as though she honestly wants some info form the Getbig readers.

God damn Judi, you're so damn transparent.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 06:47:02 AM »
I've been considering getting an endless pools swim machine.

They sent me a cool free DVD from their website, www.EndlessPools.com and it looks pretty good.

Was wondering if anyone has one or has ever used one, ...if so what do you think of it?

That was just pathetic

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 06:50:33 AM »
Once a dirtbag pyramid scheme seller always a dirtbag pyramid scheme seller.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 06:52:02 AM »
If by transparent you mean, with the aid of the "Rocket inspecticles" :)

Like I say, pyramid schemes she may be embroiled in, this is a tad bit lower than I expected of her. 

Surely a mistake.

(of course the the blatant colouring of the link somewhat suggests she saw what she was infact linking.  Plus the fact to get the link to show as www.endlesspools.com she had to type it in, yet neglected to remove her affiliate link from the url she pasted into the url parameter)

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:52:29 AM »
Owned on the second reply, hahaha.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

checkmate

• Getbig II
  • Blaaargo Argo!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 07:02:41 AM »
Great a giant bathtub...
It's like a freak circus!

LifterChick

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 07:07:37 AM »
I have a friend who has one in her basement.  I have used it many times.  It is a good work out, but it can get a little boring fast.  The main problem I found (besides it is a little noisy under the water) is that to change swim stroke you have to adjust the speed monitor (unless your back stroke is as fast as your front crawl  :D) which breaks up the rythm of the work out for me. 
Honestly I wouldn't pay the money for it.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 07:16:05 AM »
If by transparent you mean, with the aid of the "Rocket inspecticles" :)

Like I say, pyramid schemes she may be embroiled in, this is a tad bit lower than I expected of her. 

Surely a mistake.

(of course the the blatant colouring of the link somewhat suggests she saw what she was infact linking.  Plus the fact to get the link to show as www.endlesspools.com she had to type it in, yet neglected to remove her affiliate link from the url she pasted into the url parameter)

Oh come on now, I saw it a mile away, you just beat me to the post.  She indeed highlighted the link as she always does when she has a direct involvement or may be renumerated for it.

A truly pathetic and low woman.  She's been doing this on the nutrition board for almost two years now.  Seems she's finally moving beyond supps and going to straight up bogus gadgets and devices.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 08:22:27 AM »
I have a friend who has one in her basement.  I have used it many times.  It is a good work out, but it can get a little boring fast.  The main problem I found (besides it is a little noisy under the water) is that to change swim stroke you have to adjust the speed monitor (unless your back stroke is as fast as your front crawl  :D) which breaks up the rythm of the work out for me. 
Honestly I wouldn't pay the money for it.

NiceRacq,

Thanks for a response. Someone suggested to me that you might hit your head or your feet if you're not swimming at the exact same pace. Has this ever happened to you? How noisy does it get?

Thanks
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 08:36:49 AM »
The infinite pool is a very niche market.  Obviously, it is for people who really like to swim for exercise; there are such people but they are few and far between.  Serious swimming as exercise is something many people talk about but few people do.  I live in FL and every other house around here has a pool (or is having one installed) and none of them are infinite pools.

Assuming you have the room, for the cost of installing an IP you might as well build an average sized pool, or as someone said above, a Jacuzzi.

The appeal of an IP depends on where you are in your life.  The ads most often feature older people because
a) they are the ones who can afford to have one installed and
b) they are the population who tend to swim for exercise.  As you get older, swimming is one of the least physically damaging exercises you can do and still get benefits from, as opposed to something like running which is beneficial but very hard on old joints.

As you might imagine, professional swimmers, olympic athletes, etc. use them all the time.

What makes more sense to me is the “Fastlane” product which  effectively converts your existing pool into an infinite pool by giving it a current that you have to swim against.  Again, this is not something most young people can afford.  :(

LifterChick

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 08:39:18 AM »
NiceRacq,

Thanks for a response. Someone suggested to me that you might hit your head or your feet if you're not swimming at the exact same pace. Has this ever happened to you? How noisy does it get?

Thanks

I have bumped my feet but its is not too hard.  It is just like a treadmill once you get the pace you don't really need to worry about it.  it is about 10 long (I'm guessing) so you have a little room to play with.
The noise wasn't to bad, just the constant humming bugs me. you can easily drownout the noise with some good underwater headphones. but I could still "feel it".
I much prefer the real pool.  But on the other hand you don't have to share lanes with anybody, which is always a bonus.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 09:02:04 AM »
I have bumped my feet but its is not too hard.  It is just like a treadmill once you get the pace you don't really need to worry about it.  it is about 10 long (I'm guessing) so you have a little room to play with.
The noise wasn't to bad, just the constant humming bugs me. you can easily drownout the noise with some good underwater headphones. but I could still "feel it".
I much prefer the real pool.  But on the other hand you don't have to share lanes with anybody, which is always a bonus.

The DVD says they're customizable both in length & width up to 12ft,
and since I'm only 5'6", there's probably plenty of room.
Constant humming huh? hmmm. I might have to re-think this.
Thanks for the info.
w

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 09:08:26 AM »
NiceRacq,

Thanks

The DVD says they're customizable both in length & width up to 12ft,
and since I'm only 5'6", there's probably plenty of room.
Constant humming huh? hmmm. I might have to re-think this.
Thanks for the info.

hahhahaha, brutal asking questions she already knows the answers to to make it seem like shes serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
its comin today

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 09:12:18 AM »

hahhahaha, brutal asking questions she already knows the answers to to make it seem like shes serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Oh she's serious. Serious about making making money off of a sale. 

Once a dirtbag pyramid scheme seller always a dirtbag pyramid scheme seller.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 09:12:45 AM »
The infinite pool is a very niche market.  Obviously, it is for people who really like to swim for exercise; there are such people but they are few and far between.  Serious swimming as exercise is something many people talk about but few people do.  I live in FL and every other house around here has a pool (or is having one installed) and none of them are infinite pools.

Assuming you have the room, for the cost of installing an IP you might as well build an average sized pool, or as someone said above, a Jacuzzi.

The appeal of an IP depends on where you are in your life.  The ads most often feature older people because
a) they are the ones who can afford to have one installed and
b) they are the population who tend to swim for exercise.  As you get older, swimming is one of the least physically damaging exercises you can do and still get benefits from, as opposed to something like running which is beneficial but very hard on old joints.

As you might imagine, professional swimmers, olympic athletes, etc. use them all the time.

What makes more sense to me is the “Fastlane” product which  effectively converts your existing pool into an infinite pool by giving it a current that you have to swim against.  Again, this is not something most young people can afford.  :(

It's not just the old that swim. The young do it too.

When I was a kid, ...I was a fish, ...constantly in the pool.
It's one of the best allover body exercising that you can do.
It gets ALL the muscles simultaneously, so you're not lopsided,
and provides great cardio as well, ...and it's low impact.

I LOVE being in the water.  :P

Getting a pool is a major pain-in-the-tush tho. We have serious winters up here,
...so that rules out swimming from roughly September to June.

Getting an inground pool in my basement isn't really a feasible option, ...so I was thinking this might be a solution.
w

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 09:14:21 AM »
pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 09:16:54 AM »
you can't have a whirlpool without......

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 09:35:26 AM »
Is that Palumbo in the last pic !?!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 09:44:35 AM »
Is that Palumbo in the last pic !?!

Was this thread started by a pyramid scheme seller?

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 12:04:35 PM »
you can't have a whirlpool without......

*****Re: Ask Dina / Reply #227 / Quote from: 240 or bust on April 07, 2005, 09:27:57 PM
Dina... if a married girl wants to either masturbate/grind on me, is that really cheating? For her, me, or both? She did it in the hot tub today and got off, and i jacked off too... and it was all good... we were just friends having fun, keeping it new... but... she's married... does that make it worse?*****

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 12:13:48 PM »
*****Re: Ask Dina / Reply #227 / Quote from: 240 or bust on April 07, 2005, 09:27:57 PM
Dina... if a married girl wants to either masturbate/grind on me, is that really cheating? For her, me, or both? She did it in the hot tub today and got off, and i jacked off too... and it was all good... we were just friends having fun, keeping it new... but... she's married... does that make it worse?*****

hahaahahahah, wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw sounds fine to me, rock out with your cock out
its comin today