Author Topic: Tyson vs. Gracie  (Read 11684 times)

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
Tyson vs. Gracie
« on: May 04, 2006, 12:03:51 PM »
Would would win in an all out street fight? A 21 year old Mike Tyson, a.k.a. the greatest fighter god ever created, or an, in his prime, Royce Gracie? My bet is on 21 year old Mike Tyson, perfect combo of strength and speed, he had experience in street fight and would knock Gracie's ass out standing up or on the ground.
Don't let em fool ya

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Tyson vs. Gracie
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 12:04:53 PM »
Thats a no brainer! Tyson could take all of those ufc wimps at the same time and wipe the floor with them!
just push some weight!

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 12:19:29 PM »
Apples and oranges, but I'll bite.

If Tyson manages to catch Gracie whilst standing (not likely), Tyson.

If Gracie closes the gap and takes him to the ground (very likely), Gracie would choke him out in about eight seconds. 

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 12:21:09 PM »
if ANY boxer catches anyone in the chin with a good shot it's KO. Just because young Tyson was a wrecking machine it doesn't mean he'd be able to beat someone who fights all around.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 01:43:05 PM »
Who gives a shit, they are both washed up old men whose best years are way behind them.

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 01:43:19 PM »
if ANY boxer catches anyone in the chin with a good shot it's KO. Just because young Tyson was a wrecking machine it doesn't mean he'd be able to beat someone who fights all around.

Tyson was the best fighter god ever created!!!  >:(
Don't let em fool ya

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 01:49:54 PM »
i am not saying he's not a great fighter but you've only seen him box. therefor nobody knows.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 06:22:46 PM »
tyson got called out by the gracies 12 years ago,tyson never responded.why would he though cause mike was making millions and ufc fighters were making peanuts,plus it would look real bad for the so called baddest man on the planet to get choked out by a 180 lb soaking wet little brasilian dude,im not saying royce would win or mike would win but if a clinch happened id bet the house on a gracie submission,tyson would probably try to bite royces cock off if royce caught him in a triangle choke,sick thought
R

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 08:06:40 PM »
Yeah. Tyson would bite.
"Shut the F up and train"

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 05:22:30 AM »
I honestly believe without a shadow of a doubt than even if Rickson was the guy opposite Tyson he would have been smashed. There has never been a boxer in history that could match up to Tyson in his prime, and that was when he just used his hands. Mike had a psychotic side to him which he could control in a boxing match, but if you put him all in with someone than IMO he would have just smashed that guy - who ever it would have been - to bits. He knows better than most people how to throw a punch, how to control his hands and how to open guys up for the knockout. Plus he was freakish strong so getting near him would have been hard enough, never mind taking him down

but hey, thats just my opinion
Scouser on Tour

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 05:31:43 PM »
I agree 100%.  Tyson '85-'88 was freakishly quick and powerful.  No one could ever withstand an ungloved (or 4 oz. MMA glove) '85-'88 Tyson attack.  Had he hit Mitch Green in the head and not the face that day on the street he would have likely killed him.  I have yet to see, IMO, a Pride/UFC/K1 fighter as quick, much less quicker, than Tyson '85-'88, and that includes all Gracies.  Tyson likely never took their offer not only because of a lack of money, but because of the risk he would kill one of them.           

I would agree.

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 05:58:11 PM »
Who gives a shit, they are both washed up old men whose best years are way behind them.

so who do you think will win against him and hughes?
grundle has no sack,

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 08:28:24 PM »
so who do you think will win against him and hughes?

i think hughes will kill him.
Deep Tissue Massage

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 04:04:08 AM »
re: Mitch Green - i couldnt agree more. You have to remember that it only takes 8lb of pressure to crack the human skull. A punch from Tyson in his prime could very well cause a person brain damage. Remember when he knocked out the 2 guys outside a hotel a few years back. They are very lucky they were dealing with an aging Tyson................
Scouser on Tour

theonlyone

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 10:32:12 AM »
IF tyson would sparkle every street opportunity fight with guys who had have glanced at him wrong sooner or later he would end up gunned down or stabbed. Futher more there would surely be such guys.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 12:20:39 PM »
In reality, it all depends.  i Tyson gets in any clean shots Rickson or whoever would be out.  If he missed and Rickson could get ahold of him thne Tyson would be gone.  All depends who get in the first effective move.  Tyson was very quick and has the street smarts and brawling mindset.  If at his prime he knew BJJ very well, and he boxed they way he does, he would have been awesome in MMA. 

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 12:32:55 PM »
what you would have to take into consideration is the fact that if Tyson did miss a punch, then another 3, 4 or 5 were following up with just as much speed and power. Weather the storm and maybe a master grappler like Rickson could get in close and take advantage. If he couldnt then its most likely game over.
Scouser on Tour

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 01:48:51 PM »
art jimmerson aint no tyson but he easily got destroyed by royce,90 percent of street fights go to a clinch,like i said before if mike connected on the button to rickson it would be lights out but if rickson got in close and didnt get tagged tyson would be sleeping in a matter of 30 seconds.thats basiclly how the fight would be determined,who brought who into their domain
R

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 04:58:02 PM »
Tyson could kill Gracie in his prime. Did you see the way he was manhandled by Severn? That was a fixed fight. Severn could have smashed the hell out of him, but the promoters would have pulled Gracie from the tournament. Gracie was set up to win so the family could promote it's style and instructional tapes.
"Shut the F up and train"

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »
Lets face it, Gracie's never fought anyone with punching power and boxing skills of Tyson and Tyson's never fought a bjj fighter..  so who knows

Generally a good mma fighter will beat a boxer in a mma fight i.e lats friday's pride fight between yoshida and nakajima but with the raw street fighting power and mentality of tyson, he'd probably turn into a caged animal in a mma fight.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 07:31:42 PM »
a good wrestler beats a good boxer everytime

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 09:24:06 PM »

Only thing wrestlers beat is boxing shorts! Ask Dwaine Johnson!
just push some weight!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 01:04:41 AM »

yes

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 01:16:12 AM »
Tyson would win that one.  No way in the world a little guy would bring Tyson down to the ground in his prime..  Tyson would knock him out in about 5 seconds..  Anyone ever remember the Mike Tyson / Chris Cormier slap in that bar?  This thread just reminded me of it..

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 07:12:50 AM »
Tyson would win that one.  No way in the world a little guy would bring Tyson down to the ground in his prime..  Tyson would knock him out in about 5 seconds..  Anyone ever remember the Mike Tyson / Chris Cormier slap in that bar?  This thread just reminded me of it..

leave it to a queer like you to bring a bodybuider into the equation

;D