Author Topic: Abscess or something else???  (Read 2458 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Abscess or something else???
« on: May 04, 2006, 12:53:39 PM »
I injected 1ml of sust into my left delt Monday and by that night it was hurting pretty bad...I did not think anything of it because injection pain happens all the time. By Tuesday night though it was very swollen and I was in a world of pain I never have experienced...it looked like a baseball sticking out of my delt.

It's Thursday now and I can finally move my arm a little and the swelling has gone down a good bit, but it's still very hard. I've been getting in the hot-tub with Epsom salt, alcohol and blazing hot water as much as possible and massaging the area as much as I can stand it...this seems to be helping.

Now if this was an abscess caused by bacteria it would not get better correct? I've heard of sterile abscesses before and was wondering if this is what I got. I am extremely anal about my injection procedure, so sanitary habits are there.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

As some of you know I am dieting for an upcoming show later this summer, so this is not the best time for something like this to happen, but luckily the show is still a ways off. I’m supposed to train chest this afternoon but there is absolutely no way this is happening since I still can’t lift my arm up very high…but like I said it does seem to be getting better today, so I am not totally distraught.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Abscess or something else???
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 02:21:35 PM »
arnie--this sounds like a hematoma at this point.  I would take off from upper body for a few days, though--work your legs, do cardio.  Should be fine in a day or so.

PM me if anything changes.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 03:17:58 PM »
arnie--this sounds like a hematoma at this point.  I would take off from upper body for a few days, though--work your legs, do cardio.  Should be fine in a day or so.

PM me if anything changes.

What would be the cause of this? I've been using AAS for sometime now and I've never once had this occur. Are there any steps or procedures you could recommend so I can help to make sure I don't do whatever I did wrong again? Like I said, I always inject with sanitary habits, and I always thouroughly massage the injected area afterwards...any thoughts?

Preinin974

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 03:42:41 PM »
Well, I had the same problem, injected some Winnie in my quad, and couldn't walk properly for a few days. I had a visible lump for 2 months (it wasn't hot or red) and couldn't do any leg work during the rest of the cycle  :-[. I don't know what causes this, I'm also very careful and keep things clean and sterile. Wish you luck!

dr._squat

• Getbig II
  • Pass the Torch
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 04:59:24 PM »
If it really is a hematoma then by definition its just something that will occasionally happen.  Its just a collection of blood that is partially clotted.  It happens when you rupture a blood vessel.  It is somewhat abnormal that the blood didnt drain away but it does happen.  I got one when I had a tetnaus shot once.
Absolute

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 08:00:04 PM »
I've had the same thing happen to me.  I injected 1 cc sust in the delt, and it went in fine.  After inecting, I noted a lump, even after massaging it in (did so for 5 minutes).  I worked delts that session, and didn't notice a whole lot of difference.  That night, about 6 hours later, it was swollen up (not baseball size, though).  I woke up later that night in pain.  That pain lasted for 4 days.  I'm also very into the aseptic technique, and proper cleansing. 

The thing is, the same thing happened when I pinned my other delt.....I figure it was a reaction to something in the gear in s relatively small areas.  I just switched to glutes and its tolerable....THE GEAR IS CERTAINLY WORTH IT!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 06:51:41 PM »
Is it real hot? Are you sure it was legit Sust? And it was sterile, even though you use correct procedure, does not mean someone else did. Well if you have a fever get to the doc asap. But sometimes you dont even have to have a fever or be hot to have a abcess, sterile abcesses can happen but it takesmore time to develop them and you will know you have one it will feel like a hard lump under the sin in the middle of the muscle. 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 11:05:18 PM »
I injected 1ml of sust into my left delt Monday and by that night it was hurting pretty bad...I did not think anything of it because injection pain happens all the time. By Tuesday night though it was very swollen and I was in a world of pain I never have experienced...it looked like a baseball sticking out of my delt.

It's Thursday now and I can finally move my arm a little and the swelling has gone down a good bit, but it's still very hard. I've been getting in the hot-tub with Epsom salt, alcohol and blazing hot water as much as possible and massaging the area as much as I can stand it...this seems to be helping.

Now if this was an abscess caused by bacteria it would not get better correct? I've heard of sterile abscesses before and was wondering if this is what I got. I am extremely anal about my injection procedure, so sanitary habits are there.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

As some of you know I am dieting for an upcoming show later this summer, so this is not the best time for something like this to happen, but luckily the show is still a ways off. I’m supposed to train chest this afternoon but there is absolutely no way this is happening since I still can’t lift my arm up very high…but like I said it does seem to be getting better today, so I am not totally distraught.

Look, babyArnold, you know your body and know when something is not right.

I think you hit a nerve or injected right through a blood vessel.  Those would be my first thoughts.  There's a major different between extreme swelling and not being able to raise your arm. 

Doc said hematoma, but if it's that bad, you should see a doc to be sure.  Even tell him you use AAS, there's nothing he can do to get you in trouble.

Don't stress.

If it start to change color and continue to swell, then you need to see a doc, ASAP.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 06:51:03 AM »
If it was a bacterial infection like staph it would burn and be hot too the touch and you would prob have a fever.  Got to be really careful these days with lumps or abcesses. If its the reistant staph immediate treatment is necessary.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 03:16:06 PM »
If it was a bacterial infection like staph it would burn and be hot too the touch and you would prob have a fever.  Got to be really careful these days with lumps or abcesses. If its the reistant staph immediate treatment is necessary.
Your right about the MRSA and it's rampant rise, but wrong on the symptoms, which makes it a scary "EVENT" it is not always hot and sometimes not even red inflamation looking, also many new staph infections have no rise in temp. So you have to use your eyes and common sense when dealing with this sort of thing now, very scary, many schools have been closed to undergo cleaning efforts and the reported cases are rising very fast, so pretty much when it's a lump watch it close.