Author Topic: Dante's Doggcrapp Training - unique and effective?  (Read 55141 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: DC Training = Crappy Hamstrings
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2006, 08:44:09 AM »
I see you reply to eveythread on this board even if you have nothing to add ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know me too well ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2006, 09:55:50 AM »
 :)

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2006, 12:04:15 PM »
"then you can perform a static hold for about 20 seconds followed by an extreme stretch."

I never saw this part in the DC article in Ironman Magazine.........

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 12:06:30 PM »
"then you can perform a static hold for about 20 seconds followed by an extreme stretch."

I never saw this part in the DC article in Ironman Magazine.........

the IM article was a good introduction but didn't cover all the bases.
nasser=piece of shit

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 12:07:20 PM »
Yes he always shows up in shape.

That pic is not Lee Priest either...

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2006, 12:10:19 PM »
the IM article was a good introduction but didn't cover all the bases.

Where, exactly can I get a full breakdown.  I emailed dante, and he brushed me off, he said to check, intensemuscle.com.  I went through it, but everything is all messed up.  I guess Dante, thinks I'm just another punk, kid, looking for a new program.  Whatever, I guess attitute always comes with a little success. 

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2006, 12:15:08 PM »
Where, exactly can I get a full breakdown.  I emailed dante, and he brushed me off, he said to check, intensemuscle.com.  I went through it, but everything is all messed up.  I guess Dante, thinks I'm just another punk, kid, looking for a new program.  Whatever, I guess attitute always comes with a little success. 

dante really won't do anything with anybody that has not been training for years and he's complained about getting bombarded by e-mails since the IM thing came out.  I'm not speaking for him, just what i read over at IM. 

To get a full breakdown do a search on google for the dogg log, I don't know if you'll find it anymore, it's been taken out of circulation but you might be able to get your hands on it.   What are you concused about?  maybe I can help out.
nasser=piece of shit

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2006, 12:22:51 PM »
when do you do this static hold for 20 seconds and then a extreme stretch?

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
  I guess Dante, thinks I'm just another punk, kid, looking for a new program. 

Can't imagine where he'd get that idea.....

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2006, 12:54:20 PM »
when do you do this static hold for 20 seconds and then a extreme stretch?

after you do your 3 RP sets you can rest about 10 seconds and then do a static....I wouldn't limit it to 20 seconds, do it until you can't hold the weight anymore.  The extreme stretch is usually done right after the static.....no static on tri's as it tends to hurt the elbow from what I hear.  You can also do partials instead of statics.
nasser=piece of shit

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2006, 12:59:10 PM »
after you do you're 3 RP sets

After you do what?  What makes you become this "3 RP sets?"

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2006, 01:35:44 PM »
after you do you're 3 RP sets you can rest about 10 seconds and then do a static....I wouldn't limit it to 20 seconds, do it until you can't hold the weight anymore.  The extreme stretch is usually done right after the static.....no static on tri's as it tends to hurt the elbow from what I hear.  You can also do partials instead of statics.

what is the stretch?  how come this part wasn't in the article?

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »
ummmmm the guy is not strong... he only does machines.. He probably struggles with 315 on the incline.

And you've never even sniffed 315 on anything.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2006, 02:22:17 PM »
And you've never even sniffed 315 on anything.

Pressed it for a couple.  8)
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2006, 05:17:27 PM »
After you do what?  What makes you become this "3 RP sets?"

allright, lets start with the basics a 3 rp set means 3 rest pause sets.  Lets say you are going to incline bench....take a weight that you can get 8 reps with...do the 8, nice slow negatives with an explosive positive and go until failure.  Rack the weight and take 12-15 deep breaths...should be about 20 seconds..grab the weight and rep out again until failure...you should get about 2-4 reps and when you fail do it again...you should reach total failure after the 3rd rest pause set.  Rack the weight and then do the static hold.  Lets say you did 225lbs.  Next workout you either have to beat it in reps or weight.  So next workout you'd do the same thing but with 230lbs. 

Calves are different as is back and legs...I'll go into it tomorrow if you want..I got stuff to do right now.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2006, 05:18:24 PM »
what is the stretch?  how come this part wasn't in the article?

if you go to intense muscle and go to the dog pound they have a thread that descibes them alot better than I can.
nasser=piece of shit

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2006, 05:20:10 PM »
if you go to intense muscle and go to the dog pound they have a thread that descibes them alot better than I can.

Yeah, it is so hard to desribe a hamstring stretch. 

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2006, 05:41:32 PM »
Yeah, it is so hard to desribe a hamstring stretch. 

alright smart ass, I was being a nice guy and helping people out...if you know so fucking much why don't you describe it and the rest of em while your at it. Dick.
nasser=piece of shit

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »
alright smart ass, I was being a nice guy and helping people out...if you know so fucking much why don't you describe it and the rest of em while your at it. Dick.

Okay. 
The hamstring is comprised of essentially three different muscles.  Medially is the semimembranosous, and laterally is the semitendonosis, and biceps femoris. 

These muscles cross both the knee joint, and pelvis, requiring activation at both areas for complete stretching of the fascial tissue surrounding the contractile tissue of the muscles. 

To properly stretch the hamstrings, the knee must be relatively near lockout, and the lumbar and sacral portions of the spine must be contracted, forming an arch of the lower back. 

A stretch of both legs can be achieved with both feet facing forward evenly, and bending over at the waist.  A slight bend in the knees should be maintained to aid in prevention of joint damage, and the lower back should be arched, to actively stretch the proximal portion of the hamstring muscles. 

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2006, 05:48:27 PM »
Okay. 
The hamstring is comprised of essentially three different muscles.  Medially is the semimembranosous, and laterally is the semitendonosis, and biceps femoris. 

These muscles cross both the knee joint, and pelvis, requiring activation at both areas for complete stretching of the fascial tissue surrounding the contractile tissue of the muscles. 

To properly stretch the hamstrings, the knee must be relatively near lockout, and the lumbar and sacral portions of the spine must be contracted, forming an arch of the lower back. 

A stretch of both legs can be achieved with both feet facing forward evenly, and bending over at the waist.  A slight bend in the knees should be maintained to aid in prevention of joint damage, and the lower back should be arched, to actively stretch the proximal portion of the hamstring muscles. 

not excactly how described in the dog log, remember its an "extreme" stretch your not just stretching the muscel but you're trying ot expand the fascia it's a little more brutal than a regular stretch.  Actually what you do is find a high bar, throw your foot over it, grab your toe and start to force your head into your knee, try to keep your leg pretty straight.  it's supposed to hurt, it's not a mamby pamby stretch...so wether it's textbook or not, that's the way it's described in the dogg log, it's supposed to be very hard.  You're not as smart as you think you are as far as this training system goes.
nasser=piece of shit

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2006, 05:52:07 PM »
not excactly how described in the dog log but since you're so smart go ahead and post the rest...then go ahead and post everything else you know about dc training....which I'm betting ain't squat..except for what you 've seen me type.

Shouldn't you be rinsing some beef?  It's after carb cut off time.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »
Shouldn't you be rinsing some beef?  It's after carb cut off time.

shouldn't you be blowing your boyfriend?
nasser=piece of shit

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »
Looks to me like Mr. Henry needs to put DC on hold and Marvel at this:

bastards. too cool to acknowledge my clever pun. I hate you all

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2006, 12:45:43 PM »
after you do your 3 RP sets you can rest about 10 seconds and then do a static....I wouldn't limit it to 20 seconds, do it until you can't hold the weight anymore.  The extreme stretch is usually done right after the static.....no static on tri's as it tends to hurt the elbow from what I hear.  You can also do partials instead of statics.

When you refer to an "extreme" stretch, I'm assuming you mean a "ballistic" stretch? Sorry I didn't read the entire thread.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2006, 02:07:24 PM »
Good pun Poppa J. I like your pun cos it is funny and clever.

Good pun though seriously