Author Topic: Tribute to the Legendary Gary Strydom  (Read 118901 times)

Dante

• Getbig I
Tribute to the Legendary Gary Strydom
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:24:47 PM »
Gary Strydom is one of the greatest bodybuilders in the world.  His whole purpose to this comeback is to bring back reality to the sport.  He wants to motivate the youngsters that it is possible to have a beautiful physique without the mongoloid,gunish,growth belleyed monsters that we see today, which is probably the result to improper nutrition and heavy drug use.  Instead of rediculing this great legend we should be praising him and thanking him for his attempts to bring back symmetry as well as shape back to our sprot.  Gary I personally thank you and wish you good luck on this comeback.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: We should be thanking Gary Strydom
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 08:27:20 PM »
Its an amirable thing Gary is doing. And all that drug free? :o
just push some weight!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:28:43 PM »
that sounds eerily like the video that accompanied his posing routine at the 1991 WBF Champioships where he talked to some troubled teens about being drug free - despite clearly being the only one allowed to juice for the event . . . that whole routine is 15 years old! get a new gimmick

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 02:56:29 AM »
Not drug free but an all time great without a doubt.

Classic Strydom.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 03:06:21 AM »

how come we never see pics of him posin from the back .. are they all conveniently wiped ?

looks great from the front .. but idiotic from the back.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 04:27:15 AM »
Strydom had massive shoulders and massive arm, but he lacked a good development of the back.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 04:05:07 AM »
Gary Strydom is one of the greatest bodybuilders in the world.  His whole purpose to this comeback is to bring back reality to the sport.  He wants to motivate the youngsters that it is possible to have a beautiful physique without the mongoloid,gunish,growth belleyed monsters that we see today, which is probably the result to improper nutrition and heavy drug use.  Instead of rediculing this great legend we should be praising him and thanking him for his attempts to bring back symmetry as well as shape back to our sprot.  Gary I personally thank you and wish you good luck on this comeback.

Hello Gary Dante !!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 08:01:55 AM »
He wants to motivate the youngsters that it is possible to have a beautiful physique without the mongoloid,gunish,growth belleyed monsters that we see today, which is probably the result to improper nutrition and heavy drug use. 
Funny how Gary was one of the first to really push the GH dosages up. Heard this from several sources, used a lot of growth and slin. Great role model.

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 08:34:14 AM »
Charles Glass told me his back is much better now than it used to be - not on par with Ronnie's or Jay's, but no longer a weak point. We shall find out in a week.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 11:56:11 AM »
that sounds eerily like the video that accompanied his posing routine at the 1991 WBF Champioships where he talked to some troubled teens about being drug free - despite clearly being the only one allowed to juice for the event . . . that whole routine is 15 years old! get a new gimmick

That video was from the 1992 WBF Championships, where Strydom was somewhat smaller than he was in 1991.

As for his allegedly being the only being allowed to use anabolics, that depends on which former WBF superstar you asked. Mike Christian and Mike Quinn, the guys who looked the absolute worst at that show, claimed that Strydom was getting preferential treatment. David Dearth and Eddie Robinson, on the other hand, stated that everyone, from Strydom on down, was tested during the months leading to the 1992 event.

If anyone should have been a suspect for bucking the system, in my view, it's Aaron "The Dark Angel" Baker, as he was the only guy who actually looked BIGGER and better at the 1992 show than he did for the 1991 event.

asiansensation

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
TRIBUTE TO THE LEGENDARY GARY STRYDOM
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 06:41:12 AM »
One of the all-time greatest bodybuilders in the world. Won 9 pro contests in his career (7 IFBB and 2 WBF). He looked the best when he won WBF 91 and 92. Excellent symmetry, full muscle bellies, super ripped with deep striation and separation, and huge , the kind of physique we rarely see in pro circuit nowadays. Sad but true. Should be inducted in the IFBB Hall of Fame if he isnt there yet.  :D :D :D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: TRIBUTE TO THE LEGENDARY GARY STRYDOM
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 06:42:25 AM »
I don't see any back shots?     ;D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 06:44:16 AM »
One of the all-time greatest bodybuilders in the world. Won 9 pro contests in his career (7 IFBB and 2 WBF). He looked the best when he won WBF 91 and 92. Excellent symmetry, full muscle bellies, super ripped, and huge , the kind of physique we rarely see in pro circuit nowadays. Sad but true. Should be inducted in the IFBB Hall of Fame if he isnt there yet.  :D :D :D

You realize you belong to the "Everything thats wrong with todays bbing" list too, right?

asiansensation

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 06:47:59 AM »
Made a comeback in 2006 in Colorado Pro after more than 10 years in hiatus. He looked unbelievable! BTW he was 46 at that time.  :o :o :o In my opinion the best comeback ever made by a pro. His physique was just AMAZING

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 06:50:00 AM »
One of the all-time greatest bodybuilders in the world. Won 9 pro contests in his career (7 IFBB and 2 WBF). He looked the best when he won WBF 91 and 92. Excellent symmetry, full muscle bellies, super ripped, and huge , the kind of physique we rarely see in pro circuit nowadays. Sad but true. Should be inducted in the IFBB Hall of Fame if he isnt there yet.  :D :D :D
Hahahaha, one of the all time greatest? You are spouting some bullshit! Gary was only good from the front, he had a piss poor back...two different bbers...great delts and chest, and that is all he is known for.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 06:51:36 AM »
he looked great from that show,saw video from that show ,,he was peeled and should have been top 5 ,he looked insane in some poses.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 07:26:29 AM »
Hahahaha, one of the all time greatest? You are spouting some bullshit! Gary was only good from the front, he had a piss poor back...two different bbers...great delts and chest, and that is all he is known for.

Looked better than flex or kevin from the front far better lines than Dorian, Ronnie too.

Great front genetics lol.
Trans Milkshake.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 07:34:27 AM »
he also has pretty darn good arms and legs.....his calves are outstanding too.

Mr Triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 07:36:59 AM »
He does have a big head reminds me of someone.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »
Excellent physique from the front for sure. But Isn't he rumored to be into Asian tranny's?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 11:36:57 AM »

what makes him legendary?

my back is better than strydoms. am i legendary?

hes a guy who looked good in the 80's. thats about it.
b

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
I saw Gary @ Golds Venice about 3 years ago.....and let me tell you.....he was a sight to behold.

The guy looked 6-8 years younger than he really was...

and the guy was about 275 @ 8 percent bodyfat.....great arms.....shoulders....ch est....traps.

The man was very kind and approachable too!

asiansensation

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »
what makes him legendary?

my back is better than strydoms. am i legendary?

hes a guy who looked good in the 80's. thats about it.

Do you have 9 pro titles?   :-\If i am not mistaken ( i am not a bodybuilding historian), there are only a handful of pros with that or better achievement.  ;)  Next time take a good look at yourself before you speak   Stil luv ya though :-*

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 11:51:11 AM »

HERE HE COMES GARY STRYDOM

WOW TAKE A LOOK AT THAT

TOP HAT.  AND CANE.

LOOK AT THAT MASS!  HOLY COW!

OOOH LOOK AT THE STRIATIONS!

SIDE CHEST OOOH GIVE IT TO THEM!

lol