Author Topic: Saw Greg Kovacs today  (Read 39348 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Saw Greg Kovacs today
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 07:19:12 PM »

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 07:51:43 PM »
Considering Kovacs is like 6"3 he would completely dwarf Ronnie, his arms are bigger then Ronnie's.

In fact I'll go on to say that most big nightclub bouncers would dwarf pretty much any pro, I'm not talking in terms of muscle quality or leanness, but just sheer size and stature, people seem to forget that the average pro is like 5"8.

Your NUTS!
Ever see Pros offseason? how can you even say that.  Ok, some top places have some big boys bouncing, but NO ONE POWERFUL like a PRO bodybuilder..COME ON! If your talking height, ok, no Pro bodybuilder under 5 10". Anyone 5'10" and taller is HUGE.
Dwarf Ronnie?
Dude, look at those contest pics..he aing GOT SHIT on ROnnie..Dude shouldnt even be on the same stage with any of the pros..I always thought He SCUKED!
I know of a top amateur, trains at the gym I go to, hes shorter than me, and im only 5'8" and hes a big cat now offseason..Thick, Thick ..like a pitbull...I dunno, JMHO though..

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 07:54:12 PM »
I know what he means though; pics don't show it. At 6'1" or more, a decent physique can be imposing. Someone like Kovacs would be monsterous, as was Ferrigno in his prime-both are close to the size of a refrigerator.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 07:55:12 PM »
I know what he means though-at 6'1" or more, even with decent muscle it's imposing. Someone like Kovacs would be monsterous, as was Ferrigno in his prime-both are probably close to the size of a refrigerator.

True, true..But a pro bodybuilder in the offseason isnt going to lok smaller than some tool bouncing at some club, thats FOR SURE!
Seing these guys in real life is an eye opener, they are just monsters.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 07:56:06 PM »
Most BBs are under 6 feet, so they're wider but it's a different effect than someone who is tall but smaller-equally imposing.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 07:57:53 PM »
I know what he means though; pics don't show it. At 6'1" or more, a decent physique can be imposing. Someone like Kovacs would be monsterous, as was Ferrigno in his prime-both are close to the size of a refrigerator.

Thank you! that's exactly what I was trying to convey.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2006, 08:02:34 PM »
True, true..But a pro bodybuilder in the offseason isnt going to lok smaller than some tool bouncing at some club, thats FOR SURE!
Seing these guys in real life is an eye opener, they are just monsters.

I dunno about your city man, I live in Toronto, I was bouncer here for 4 years, some of the guys I've worked door with were 6"5, 6"6 , 320-330 JACKED, I've met over 20 of the pro's and am personal friends with 3 of them (non are top tier) . Look at it this way, it's not about the weight or the muscle quality, I'm talking sheer imposing size, like a big frame.. oh and a good portion of the pro's I've met were off-season since this was at pro shows, true some were huge and imposing (the taller ones) but most of the shorter ones (under 5"10) were no monsters.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »
You guy know that show, american chopper.  Paul senior.?  Hes a big dude, doesnt give a sh#t about shaving shoulder hair and posing onstage.   Well there was an episode where they went to the jets stadium to deliver a bike.    Him and mikey looked like lil runts in their pics with the lineman.....It was crazy to think they could be dwarfed.....but they were.
Jay cutler was dwarfed buy some nfl guys in a pic too.

I was front and center at the olympia expo when coleman came out to the bsn booth.   I had never met him and was expecting something unreal.    It was a big letdown, his conditioning was sick but the muscles wernt like a T-Rex or anything.  True he was dehydrated and in contest shape, but even my wife stated  "He doesnt look very big"?

Our neighbor used to play  linebacker for the baltimore colts (awhile ago)  and This dude wore a triple xxx t-shirt and it was tight.  Ronnie was half this size :'(  but hes the King, and thats all she wrote.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 08:36:41 PM »
There was some pics floating around a while ago of Ronnie at a show getting dwarfed by some really tall guy named Noah or something, I think it was some expo ??

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 08:37:44 PM »
You guy know that show, american chopper.  Paul senior.?  Hes a big dude, doesnt give a sh#t about shaving shoulder hair and posing onstage.   Well there was an episode where they went to the jets stadium to deliver a bike.    Him and mikey looked like lil runts in their pics with the lineman.....It was crazy to think they could be dwarfed.....but they were.

I was front and center at the olympia expo when coleman came out to the bsn booth.   I had never met him and was expecting something unreal.    It was a big letdown, his conditioning was sick but the muscles wernt like a T-Rex or anything.  True he was dehydrated and in contest shape, but even my wife stated  "He doesnt look very big"?

Our neighbor used to play  linebacker for the baltimore colts (awhile ago)  and This dude wore a triple xxx t-shirt and it was tight.  Ronnie was half this size :'(  but hes the King, and thats all she wrote.

I agree with your assessment completely.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2006, 08:39:14 PM »
There was some pics floating around a while ago of Ronnie at a show getting dwarfed by some really tall guy named Noah or something, I think it was some expo ??

Ahh Noah Steere.  Yah he Dwarfs Ronnie in my opinion.  He was at the same show I was at with Ronnie....I have a few pics with him....Real cool dude....Recognized me from the boards.  He is about the realest bodybuilder out there.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2006, 08:43:26 PM »
Ahh Noah Steere.  Yah he Dwarfs Ronnie in my opinion.  He was at the same show I was at with Ronnie....I have a few pics with him....Real cool dude....Recognized me from the boards.  He is about the realest bodybuilder out there.

Isn't he like 6"6 or something?? he looks like a pro wrestler.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2006, 09:17:44 PM »

That's interesting because linebackers aren't any bigger than Ronnie. I think they are like 260-270 at most.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2006, 09:25:44 PM »
Linebackers are for the most part well over 6', so again it comes down to structure + muscle, which looks more imposing than a guy well under 6' even if he's huge. Big difference in the intimidation factor at 6'1" and higher with some size. Dillet's 6'1" and huge, looks frightening.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2006, 09:38:24 PM »
bouncers look big with their clothes on, but once they put on short-sleeves or take it off, the difference is huge. bodybuilders just look a lot more impressive. i worked bouncer at a bar for a while, although i have to say i'm one of the smallest bouncers u will ever meet, only 5'8 and 185-190. i usually had to roll up my sleeves a little to let the big drunk guys know perhaps i do have some muscles under these clothes. it made my job easier.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2006, 09:43:43 PM »
  That's interesting because linebackers aren't any bigger than Ronnie. I think they are like 260-270 at most.

Its a strange thing, but ronnie wasnt that impressive in overall mass volume.   But hes the king of muscularity.     I think its been stated that fat displaces twice the volume of muscle.  so if you have two guys in a shirt at 275lbs and one is 5% fat and the other is 20% fat, them the overall size  goes to the guy with a 15% volume advantage....thats great in a shirt. And even better if genetics allow fat to be stored inside the muscle instaed of under the skin.
But take the shirts off and the details of the 5% guy will be more impressive.   Its why dieting to get lean is hard for big guys...(like Me)lol.     You have to get over the point of false mass.

Backstage at a show i did, there was a guy in a sweatshirt who looked like a librarian...no one paid any mind to him.     His shirt came off and everyone freaked.  Full round cut muscles chiseled out of stone!!!

The show was his and we all knew it.     He was only a middleweight too.  But in a shirt????....medium at the most!!!   weird stuff.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2006, 09:49:58 PM »
Its a strange thing, but ronnie wasnt that impressive in overall mass volume.   But hes the king of muscularity.     I think its been stated that fat displaces twice the volume of muscle.  so if you have two guys in a shirt at 275lbs and one is 5% fat and the other is 20% fat, them the overall size  goes to the guy with a 15% volume advantage....thats great in a shirt. And even better if genetics allow fat to be stored inside the muscle instaed of under the skin.
But take the shirts off and the details of the 5% guy will be more impressive.   Its why dieting to get lean is hard for big guys...(like Me)lol.     You have to get over the point of false mass.

Backstage at a show i did, there was a guy in a sweatshirt who looked like a librarian...no one paid any mind to him.     His shirt came off and everyone freaked.  Full round cut muscles chiseled out of stone!!!

The show was his and we all knew it.     He was only a middleweight too.  But in a shirt????....medium at the most!!!   weird stuff.

Yeah, I see what you are talking about now. 18 inch arms with only a hint of muscle look more impressive than shredded 16 inch arms if both guys are wearing long sleeves. But take the shirts off and it's a different story...

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2006, 09:53:03 PM »
Assuming Ron was around 270 lb. at under 6', it's a little hard to believe he didn't look huge though.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2006, 09:55:03 PM »
Yeah, I see what you are talking about now. 18 inch arms with only a hint of muscle look more impressive than shredded 16 inch arms if both guys are wearing long sleeves. But take the shirts off and it's a different story...

That's exactly right..

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2006, 09:56:45 PM »
Assuming Ron was around 270 lb. at under 6', it's a little hard to believe he didn't look huge though.

He's huge in his own right but he's dense, some of these guys at 6"4, 6"6 have way more massive frames, which even with half fat, half muscle look insanely big in a tight shirt or something... plus Ronnie naturally doesn't have a large frame, or wide shoulder structure.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2006, 10:46:25 PM »
I played MarioKart today.  My wife beat me 8 games to 3.

DoubleDash...I love that game. Although I gotta let the woman win sometimes.

...but she always kicks my ass at Mario Party.

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2006, 11:10:58 PM »
He used to look pretty good, But WTF happened

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2006, 11:25:11 PM »
He used to look pretty good, But WTF happened

MuscleTech.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2006, 11:45:04 PM »
Apparently when he came to Thunder Bay he actually injected insulin totally out in the open before eating a meal at East Side Mario's.

No, no, no, no! It's called CellTech. But that's not the only thing thatt made him 400+ lbs: don't forget leukic and gakic.                          

SUCKMYMUSCLE

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2006, 01:46:55 AM »

I dont know what the hell you are talking about....I have been to football camp with the pro's and bodybuiling shows....and the NFL guys are nowhere near the size of these bodybuilders  muscle wise.  You are comparing Ronnie Coleman, to your linebacker neighbor....come on!  One is a football player and one is a professional bodybuilder (and the best in the world) whose job is to build the largest muscles possible...