Author Topic: Master Alfie Lewis  (Read 3766 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Master Alfie Lewis
« on: May 06, 2006, 06:09:15 AM »
as a pure martial artist he is without a doubt one of the very best ive ever read about and had the privilidge to meet. He was world freestyle champion 5 years running, won 9-10 european championships and from what i gather over 500 fights and titles in his career. He was awesome, ended up running the doors for clubs in Liverpool. He used to drive a brand new black merc, the first time i saw him was in a centre in woolton village, Liverpool. I noticed him out of the corner of my eye with his kids, and i freaked out. I was only 14 and im shouting at my mate "thats Alfie Lewis!!!"
Scouser on Tour

Jaded

• Getbig II
Re: Master Alfie Lewis
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 10:52:17 AM »
remember Frank Dux? hehe

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 08:03:04 PM »
alfie's a stupid name for even a freakin cat much less a human

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 02:08:51 AM »
maybe so, but thats something ive never heard anyone say to him. He is a man of great respect and his ability is virtually unlimited even at his age. He trained and fought for 25 years to build his legacy and an opinion like that from an idiot like yourself really doesnt mean fuck all to him
Scouser on Tour

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 06:28:19 AM »
you sound hurt

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 06:55:58 AM »
I'd guess an opinion from someone in love with him doesn't matter either.

Although i've never heard of him, but any guy who calls himself 'master' has daddy issues.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 09:06:34 AM »
he is called master for a reason, do you know anything about martial arts? You modern wannabes have no respect, you think you are martial artists because you watch the occasional UFC and you have heard of different styles. Any purist knows that a man of status is both credited and respected accordingly.
Scouser on Tour

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 09:39:39 AM »
he is called master for a reason, do you know anything about martial arts? You modern wannabes have no respect, you think you are martial artists because you watch the occasional UFC and you have heard of different styles. Any purist knows that a man of status is both credited and respected accordingly.

I'm well aware of the "traditional" undertones of the word "master", and its japanese translation has fewer negative connotations to it.  In fact I trained in traditional karate for over 10 years and never called another man master.  Look up terms like "Sensei".

Any system that a person can "master" isn't all that great, because if they can't learn from it why bother doing it.

So, do you know anything about martial arts?  Since you sound like a couch fu master.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 09:44:42 AM »
i should do, ive trained for 20 years. Master to me is a man that has reached a level which is beyond pefection in that given style. Sensei is what they are addressed as, Master is what they are known as. There is a difference
Scouser on Tour

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 10:37:40 AM »
I'm gonna name my next dog master