Author Topic: Musclemania  (Read 23300 times)

myseone

• Getbig III
Re: Musclemania
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2006, 09:48:51 PM »
The first thing you learn in Thievery 101 is that a thief should not trust other thieves. You basically got your cum-up-ance.

The fact that you Musclemania pro entered a competition that was advertised as natural, knowing full well that you had an unfair advantage over (probably) most of the competitors, and smiled after you were given the trophy (or stole it depending on your view point) makes most people here lack simpathy for you. Not to mention your bragging and arogance about getting over did'nt build you many fans here.

In a way you got your just desserts, the universe balanced out very well in this particular matter.

You have a good physique, one that would do well in the NPC or PDI untested shows (were it belongs), thats where you would get more respect for your efforts.

Lawrence

irejistirred4deena

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2006, 10:06:50 PM »
The thing is irejistirred4denna, this guy musclemania pro came on this board a while ago and claimed to be totally natural , that was to he was exposed, then he refused to see any thing wrong in his stance of cheating to win the show and thus got burnt big time here !!!!

You do your self no favours trying to find a angle to defend his actions , bottom line is he entered a natural show whilst using steroid's, there is no Honour in that , and saying that he has exposed the federations for what they are is also a miss quote, as all knew and know that they are , all he has done is 1 highlight the fact and 2 expose himself !!

I think I saw the same thread and I agree 100% that drugged competitors that compete in a natural competitions are scum.  I've competed in a Musclemania before, and would bet the guy who took my class and the overall (light-heavy) was not natural, he had vascularity in his calves like that pic of Rhino that Mike Arvilla just posted and was very full with paper thin skin. 

At the same time, if the promoter of the show is telling him in a roundabout way to take drugs, just make sure he passes the test, his confession has a helluva lot more clout against Musclemania than people like myself or most on this board who can only speculate and point fingers without any real proof.  Personally I'd love to see a bunch of competitors jacked up on teh sauce come in to Musclemania, win shows and beat the tests and then confess to what a joke the Musclemania actually is.  If the Musclemania brass was legitimate about being natural, and enforced it with an iron fist, I'd be the first to say burn the Phantom of the Opera at the stake ;D  Unfortunately most of us know Musclemania is a joke.

irejistirred4deena

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2006, 10:07:52 PM »
let me rant one more time

What is it with everyone needing to slap the word "federation" onto anything relating to bodybuilding?

The Pro IFBB is not a federation. 

The NPC is not a federation.

Musclemania is not a federation.

Federation is defined as "an organization or group within which smaller divisions have some degree of internal autonomy"

The AAU was a federation.  You joined a local chapter.  You were a member of that chapter.  If you moved, you had to transfer your membership to your new local chapter.  The local chapter had elected officers and regular meetings.  The local chapter was a member of a district and/or a region and finally a member of the national organization.

The amateur IFBB may be a federation, in that each country has it's own org which is a member of the international IFBB.   

The only way the NPC is a federation is if it's a federation of contest promoters.  For the athletes, there is no local autonomy.  Your membership is not to a local chapter.

Musclemania is a privately held corporation. 

Sorry mate, I thought the sentence looked funny with just 'Musclemania'.  Didn't mean to get caught up in semantics :D

bignatural

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2006, 10:20:03 PM »
MuscleMania-Pro, you still there.......?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2006, 10:31:44 PM »
The fact that you Musclemania pro entered a competition that was advertised as natural, knowing full well that you had an unfair advantage over (probably) most of the competitors, and smiled after you were given the trophy (or stole it depending on your view point) makes most people here lack simpathy for you.

I think the justification is that every pro in Musclemania is not truley natural.  Every amateur overall winner is not natural.  So it's a level playing field, just not what the audience thinks it is.

Zwick doesn't make his money directly from the contests.  These days there are hardly any contestants, and not many more people in the audience.  The real money comes from TV.  Not in the US of course, but Musclemania contests (including the model search) are very popular throughout Latin America.  (From the TV schedule on the mm website, it seems to be popular in South Africa too.)

If Zwick had truley natural guys winning his contest, his ratings would plummet.   In Latin America, the US, or Europe, we've all forgotten what natural looks like.  Steroids mean looking like an IFBB pro.  Put a real natural guy on stage, and they'll probably call it a swimmer's build.

Zwick is a TV producer.  He's giving the audience what they want.  Beefy guys who claim to be natural, but aren't.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2006, 10:46:41 PM »
Also not sure where this came in my mind but didnt he actually try to swindle Craig And Kelly for money a while back?? Some kind of tanning thing I think he told them blah blah, then it turned out they were never paid for endorsing it?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2006, 01:46:02 AM »
Also not sure where this came in my mind but didnt he actually try to swindle Craig And Kelly for money a while back?? Some kind of tanning thing I think he told them blah blah, then it turned out they were never paid for endorsing it?

I don't know about that, but way back when, Kelly was not given the prizes she supposedly won for capturing the Fitness America Pageant title.  I believe they eventually worked out some arrangement, but she never got all that had been promised to her by the event organizer, Lou Zwick.   

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2006, 07:09:07 AM »
I think the justification is that every pro in Musclemania is not truley natural.  Every amateur overall winner is not natural.  So it's a level playing field, just not what the audience thinks it is.

Zwick doesn't make his money directly from the contests.  These days there are hardly any contestants, and not many more people in the audience.  The real money comes from TV.  Not in the US of course, but Musclemania contests (including the model search) are very popular throughout Latin America.  (From the TV schedule on the mm website, it seems to be popular in South Africa too.)

If Zwick had truley natural guys winning his contest, his ratings would plummet.   In Latin America, the US, or Europe, we've all forgotten what natural looks like.  Steroids mean looking like an IFBB pro.  Put a real natural guy on stage, and they'll probably call it a swimmer's build.

Zwick is a TV producer.  He's giving the audience what they want.  Beefy guys who claim to be natural, but aren't.

I hear what your saying, I know that this is about making money, unfortunately the playing field at this type of show is not level because some competitors are actually drug free. I do understand that there are unwritten rules but I still think this type of thing is slimey, at least to the guy who competes without extra assistance.

on a related note: I have competed in a few shows from different organizations (NPC, Musclemania and NGA), some of these events were promoted as natural events and others as not, In all of them I competed without the sauce and did quiet well. Some shows I won my division and others I came in second or third, others I placed a bit lower. I know that I'm not the only drug free competitor entering these events, therefore the playing field is not even.

Of course someone will say that I should have gotten with it and played by the unwritten rules, but there is something about accepting a trophy that says natural when your not that reaks of lowness.

Stavios

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2006, 07:13:09 AM »
I dunno if it's ironic that a man who cheated to win a contest was cheated out of his winnings.

Wow, very true

Sami got owned big time

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2006, 12:21:36 PM »
Oh god here we go again Musclemaniapro posting all sorts of pics of hymself , then saying that it is not cheating useing steroids in a  meant to be natural show

Blah blah blah ----- you cheated deal with it !! :(

Well say what ever u want to say... I NEVER SAID THAT I CHEATED OR I USED ANY SHIT...  every one was bullshiting about me that i beated a test and i am Not natural bla bla bla.... well am not going back on what i said befor Mr. Pro bodybuilder!!  i Came clean and won the over all (deal with it)
 and YES am gonna do the NOC and if i do well I KNOW u idiot will jump and will say that i CHEATED the results.......
 loook lets stay on LOU ZWICK here Plz!!!!
~ The Black Smith ~

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2006, 12:30:59 PM »
  Well say what ever u want to say... I NEVER SAID THAT I CHEATED OR I USED ANY SHIT...  every one was bullshiting about me that i beated a test and i am Not natural bla bla bla.... well am not going back on what i said befor Mr. Pro bodybuilder!!  i Came clean and won the over all (deal with it)
 and YES am gonna do the NOC and if i do well I KNOW u idiot will jump and will say that i CHEATED the results.......

???

YES... i did Steroids befor :o and thats was my PAST which i was saying all time i dont want to talk about it coz its behind.. BUT the whole 2005 i did nothing but clean things.. i really dont care if u believe me or not but thats my last reply on this subject regarding clean or not..  and i am not saying i will be clean all time.. i am trying it and its HARD but still there is results, but if i am doing the NPC or any other tough shows i guess i will have to load up my self again.... i cant be more honest than this down here...

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2006, 12:36:22 PM »

I must start by saying you have a great physique...regardless of how many cycles you have done....(or not done  ;))

I must also say that your friend "aliamini" has openly posted here on getbig....stating that he has helped you "pass those tests".....

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2006, 12:39:13 PM »

So dose that mean if i did it once befor and knew its too bad for me and wanted to stay clean THAT means i cant do Natural show??????? and i after the first time i did the Roid i was away totaly and it was a whole year then i did a natural show!! so now its not about Beating a test? its about my PAST ha?

i say it clearly i didnt even thought of cheating on the TEST.. so take it or leave it
  so i guess u got nothing to say other than ( if u did it befor that means u f++ked up!!!  well kiss my A++
~ The Black Smith ~

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2006, 12:41:16 PM »
  So dose that mean if i did it once befor and knew its too bad for me and wanted to stay clean THAT means i cant do Natural show???????

Depends on the show....for some natural shows....YES....it means you cannot do that show....

I do not know the rules for the musclemania show though....

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2006, 05:09:37 PM »
 So dose that mean if i did it once befor and knew its too bad for me and wanted to stay clean THAT means i cant do Natural show??????? and i after the first time i did the Roid i was away totaly and it was a whole year then i did a natural show!! so now its not about Beating a test? its about my PAST ha?

i say it clearly i didnt even thought of cheating on the TEST.. so take it or leave it
  so i guess u got nothing to say other than ( if u did it befor that means u f++ked up!!!  well kiss my A++

Clean = presently gear free
Natural = never used

I have no beef with nattys or enhanced..just pointing out the discrepencies in your statement. You posted you have never used, despite the fact that you already posted that you have used :-\

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2006, 05:10:46 PM »
maybe it's a multiple personality, one uses and one is natural...like a Sybal.  :-\
X

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2006, 07:03:54 PM »
I do not know the rules for the musclemania show though....

Musclemania - 365 days drug free

IFBB Amateurs - 3 years drug free

WNBF/INBF - 5 to 7 years, depending on the contest

INBA/ABA - 5 to lifetime, depending on the contest (and they even include recreational drugs in their list of banned substances)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2006, 07:59:45 PM »
Simply speaking, the musclemania shows are for getting some publicity, when you cant do top ten, in the NPC.  The money isnt shit and wouldnt cover gas and food to the event.   Its a promotion thing and thats it.