Author Topic: Lee Priest: PDI Athletes Rep?  (Read 9935 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Lee Priest: PDI Athletes Rep?
« on: May 07, 2006, 05:40:11 PM »

Well, this should be interesting. Rumors are circulating that Lee Priest will be the PDI's Athletes Rep, while Chick will continue on as the IFBB Athlete's Rep. Let's have a roundtable discussion soon between the two athletes reps!

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: Lee Priest: PDI Athletes Rep?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 05:42:27 PM »
Well that is news to me.

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 05:44:25 PM »
Well that is news to me.

see Lee u learn something new everyday

i bet u r glad u found this out  ;D

u versus bagdad bob i cant wait!  :D

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 06:19:22 PM »
boy how i wish this was true just think of the great reading material lee we give us on the board here sorry chick looks like you are in for some great ball busting  again ;)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 07:25:37 PM »
Athletes Rep, ha....

Better work on getting enough people to hold a bodybuilding show first..... ;D

Right now you barely have enough for a bowling team
A

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 09:53:27 PM »
There are many PDI bodybuilders.  Some have not exposed themselves...remember the NOC is in September...plenty of time!  Wayne is doing a great thing for bodybuilding!

craig213

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 11:41:45 PM »
   WHAT'S ALL THE HOOPLA ABOUT A NEW FEDERATION TO CHALLENGE THE IFBB.  MCDONALDS HAS BURGER KING, DENNY'S HAS BOB'S BIG BOY, AND MICHAEL JACKSON HAS PRINCE.  IF THE IFBB IS SO GREAT, A LITTLE COMPETITION AINT GONNA HURT IT.  IT'S ABOUT TIME THE MONOPOLY HAS ENDED!!!

IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 12:51:07 AM »

I agree... Michael has Prince! competition is good.

Yes competition is GREAT.  But it is the last thing the IFBB wants.  They have been able to do what they want with the pros for along time.  Now, guys want a change for the positive. 

LifterChick

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 08:08:54 AM »
I seriously doubt the PDI is even going to have an athletes rep.

1) So far the rules and regulations Wayne has posted in his memo don't leave alot open for debate.

2) Wayne was at best lukewarm on the position during his tenure with the IFBB.

3) The PDI is Wayne's company with written proof that he can terminate any employee, that doesn't sound like somebody who is going to listen to changes that he doesn't like.

4) The old saying "if it ain't broke...." why would the PDI even need an athlete's rep at this point?

5) Wayne has said in Ron's interview that the IFBB needs to approach him so why would Wayne even need an athlete's rep to try and clear the way for athlete's to compete in both companies? That is clearly an IFBB issue?

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 08:55:13 AM »
Wayne did do a fairly good job of running things, who knows maybe the IFBB will crumble

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 08:58:07 AM »
If they do have a 'rep', it should be a non-competitor with a lot of knowledge about bodybuilding.

I hereby nominate Vince Goodrum, MT. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 05:32:52 PM »
I would never be a rep to this hodge-podge of an organizations.  Lets get the facts straight!!!

1.  Any bodybuilder who competes in the PDI should consider themselves blackballed from the IFBB.  If they even step on an IFBB stage they will be related to Chris Duffy status meaning they'll be dead last in the heap.

2.  This organization is all about Wayne getting back at the IFBB for firing him.  Everyone else is nothing but pawns

3.  The PDI is working with spare change.  Meaning that unless they find some great sponsors they will be S.O.L. 

4.  The website is not complete, there is no real advertising, and they lost the rights to prodivision.net that they used to have.  Prodivision.com is not for sale and Prodivision.org is owned by me temporarally until I tie up the loose strings and send it to the new owners.  Without a great web address, it won't be taken seriously.

5.  The PDI has already failed once, it will fail again.  I don't think Wayne will be fully committed to lose a lot of money on this

6.  The majority of PDI pros are basically veteran amateur athletes who couldn't win a pro qualifier.  As soon as the first show begins, you can bet the IFBB is going to let everyone know that they are nothing but washed up athletes being put through the spin cycle.

I'm just keeping it real and telling it like it is.  The PDI may as well be named the WBF.   
A

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 05:35:34 PM »
yeah the WBF...I remember that. 
X

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 05:42:32 PM »
There are many PDI bodybuilders.  Some have exposed themselves...

Hahahahaha.... ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 05:58:13 PM »
Vince, I have to disagree, for 3 reasons:

1) The internet means the fans will have basically the same access to PDI info as they do to IFBB info.   Hell, even more access to their athletes, as many post here.  No whitewash jobs, no info manipulation as FLEXmag used to be able to do.

2)  People are sick of the Coleman-Cutler-Gustavo finishes.  It's fixed, it's predictable, and many fans are bored with the finishes.

3) Wayne is the X-factor.  IMO, Wayne will be laughed out of the building if this fails.  His ego, reputation, and drive will NOT let him fail.  No way will he let these men throw away their career on a whim. 

If there was PDI stock, I'd buy right now.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 06:01:12 PM »
isn't ifbb's website updated once a decade too?

i think it's more important for the individual "athletes" to have websites (most do).
Deep Tissue Massage

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 06:07:24 PM »
i think it's more important for the individual "athletes" to have websites (most do).

Yeah, some of those athletes' webpages look damn good!

what.

• Getbig III
  • Commercialized-ass bitch
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 06:29:43 PM »
I would never be a rep to this hodge-podge of an organizations.  Lets get the facts straight!!!

You couldn't even qualify for the organization so STFU.
Newbies: Goatboy smells

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 06:36:28 PM »

Vince McMahon is a billionaire and even with all the money he pumped into the WBF, he could not make it successful. 

Wayne may have some connections but thats it.  If Vince McMahon couldn't bring down the IFBB then what makes you think that Wayne can. 

There will be a year or maybe two years but then the PDI will dribble off to oblivion.

240, the PDI was not formed to bring back aestetic physiques.  It was formed over bodybuilding politics between Wayne and David Pecker & Jim Manion.  Its no different than Joe Weider and Dan Laurie back in the 60s and 70s. 

As far as Lee Priest, I like the guy  and is a great bodybuilder.  but the reason he's signing up with the PDI is to pay off  a massive amount of back taxes he owes to the government.  Lee Priest has stated numerous times over the years that he hates Wayne's guts.  I find it hypocritical of him to get in bed with him all of a sudden but that's his business and I would have done the same thing if someone offered me a lot of money to get out of debt.  I just hope he's wearing a condom.

If there was more backbone in the PDI, I might support it but there really isn't that much beef in that hamburger to do so.  The PDI is a multi-million dollar train wreck waiting to happen.  It has no real financial backing and no real future.  The Night of Champions will go well but what about the rest of the shows???  If one show goes bad, it will be in the millions lost and there isn't that many millions to go around. 

Remember, anyone who signs up with the PDI can consider themselves BLACKBALLED FROM THE IFBB.  Its a one way trip folks and after the PDI sinks, they can kiss their bodybuilding career goodbye

A

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 07:05:22 PM »
We all got involved in bodybuilding at one time because we all wanted to have a nice V-shaped physique. You are looking for wide shoulders, and V-Shape down to a tight waist, then thighs flaring out a little out, calves flaring out, the legs looking nice, and you have a nice physique that you are happy with, and it makes you better athletes in whatever sport you want to compete with, and women & men find you sexual attractive. The big stomachs are not doing it. There is more muscle on these physiques than ever before. If you look at them part by part, then some of these parts are amazing. But when you put the physiques all together, the physique does not look attractive at all. There are not that many women that find this type of physique attractive and they are dropping away. There are no longer young people coming to the shows. There are many problems. We are going to try to address these problems with our events. People can question, people can criticize, and people can have their opinion.

Sounds good to me!

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 07:12:23 PM »
Being blackballed from the IFBB is far from the worst thing in the world, as most IFBB athletes don't  make shit anyway.  If many of them go to PDI  and it fails, and the IFBB says "screw you guys" what will happen?  Then those guys will get a real job and make  a better living than the shit that they get from their IFBB lifestyle, that's what.  Big fackin' loss there...

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 07:15:59 PM »

4.  The website is not complete, there is no real advertising, and they lost the rights to prodivision.net that they used to have.  Prodivision.com is not for sale and Prodivision.org is owned by me temporarally until I tie up the loose strings and send it to the new owners.  Without a great web address, it won't be taken seriously

I'm sure that the Weiders and the rest of the IFBB can now sleep again, seeing as how you have decided not to take over as rep for the PDI. And I'm sure that the fact that you have sole ownership of Prodivision.org has Wayne planning his suicide, and the PDI athletes regretting ever defecting. You undoubtedly hold the futures of both the PDI and the IFBB in your hands... But I suppose that once your lawyers, accountants, and investment bankers tie up the loose strings for you (at a huge profit to you, no doubt), you'll really be a big time player and forever be known as "Goodrum the Great"... ::)
Greed is good!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 09:32:56 PM »

1.  Any bodybuilder who competes in the PDI should consider themselves blackballed from the IFBB.  If they even step on an IFBB stage they will be related to Chris Duffy status meaning they'll be dead last in the heap.

2.  This organization is all about Wayne getting back at the IFBB for firing him.  Everyone else is nothing but pawns

3.  The PDI is working with spare change.  Meaning that unless they find some great sponsors they will be S.O.L. 

4.  The website is not complete, there is no real advertising, and they lost the rights to prodivision.net that they used to have.  Prodivision.com is not for sale and Prodivision.org is owned by me temporarally until I tie up the loose strings and send it to the new owners.  Without a great web address, it won't be taken seriously.

5.  The PDI has already failed once, it will fail again.  I don't think Wayne will be fully committed to lose a lot of money on this

6.  The majority of PDI pros are basically veteran amateur athletes who couldn't win a pro qualifier.  As soon as the first show begins, you can bet the IFBB is going to let everyone know that they are nothing but washed up athletes being put through the spin cycle.

I'm just keeping it real and telling it like it is.  The PDI may as well be named the WBF.   

Well I'm pretty sure they have made it easy for you to refuse.  This is a BB organization, so you are far from qualifying for it.  But, nice try.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 09:35:27 PM »
If they do have a 'rep', it should be a non-competitor with a lot of knowledge about bodybuilding.

I hereby nominate Vince Goodrum, MT. 

Sorry Tre I have to correct your mistake.  You meant to say a non-competitor and someone who knows nothign about BB.  Then it could be Vince.  But, until then he has to keep selling bee pollen and Magic Dics

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 09:39:53 PM »

Vince McMahon is a billionaire and even with all the money he pumped into the WBF, he could not make it successful. 

Wayne may have some connections but thats it.  If Vince McMahon couldn't bring down the IFBB then what makes you think that Wayne can. 

There will be a year or maybe two years but then the PDI will dribble off to oblivion.

240, the PDI was not formed to bring back aestetic physiques.  It was formed over bodybuilding politics between Wayne and David Pecker & Jim Manion.  Its no different than Joe Weider and Dan Laurie back in the 60s and 70s. 

As far as Lee Priest, I like the guy  and is a great bodybuilder.  but the reason he's signing up with the PDI is to pay off  a massive amount of back taxes he owes to the government.  Lee Priest has stated numerous times over the years that he hates Wayne's guts.  I find it hypocritical of him to get in bed with him all of a sudden but that's his business and I would have done the same thing if someone offered me a lot of money to get out of debt.  I just hope he's wearing a condom.

If there was more backbone in the PDI, I might support it but there really isn't that much beef in that hamburger to do so.  The PDI is a multi-million dollar train wreck waiting to happen.  It has no real financial backing and no real future.  The Night of Champions will go well but what about the rest of the shows???  If one show goes bad, it will be in the millions lost and there isn't that many millions to go around. 

Remember, anyone who signs up with the PDI can consider themselves BLACKBALLED FROM THE IFBB.  Its a one way trip folks and after the PDI sinks, they can kiss their bodybuilding career goodbye

Oh my!  Vince are you on drugs or something.  Quit drinking go to bed jack off to your pet Bee but please leave the serious debates to others.  Do you see me telling you about Bee Pollen and Magic Dics.  I don't even know what the hell they are.  Same thing here, you knwo nothing about anything.  Please tie yourself up take a shit, dip your head in it 3 times, say 100 hail marys and go to bed.  You are fucked up.