Author Topic: Give this guy some props  (Read 24623 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Give this guy some props
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2006, 09:17:50 PM »
Mike, are you working with any nutritionists or doing it all yourself?!

LARRY (LLES ..from this board is helping me)

couldn't do it without him!

(thanks again Larry!)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2006, 09:21:33 PM »
Good to see people keeping it in the GetBig family!

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2006, 07:04:45 AM »
Bump

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2006, 07:30:28 AM »
Mike has graduated from Chunkendales to Chippendales...great work!!!

I am the first to be part of the Arvilla Armada....come on board...It will be a fun ride

Arvilla Armada

I am not riding Mike
Here comes the money shot

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2006, 07:37:22 AM »
I am not riding Mike
No one rides but me! >:(
:D Weee

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2006, 08:01:28 AM »
Cheri...I thought you were into sharing....I heard that about Northerners...

I guess I was wrong  ;) ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2006, 08:28:54 AM »
littleguns im watching your "Colorado Pro dvd " right now for like the 10th time

'thanx  bro!!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2006, 08:36:05 AM »
 :P

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2006, 08:41:18 AM »
Arvilla try to do the splitz..  ;D
just push some weight!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2006, 08:42:36 AM »
Arvilla try to do the splitz..  ;D

lol!!

hell no...................... ....(big fat bald white guy on stage attempting a split = disaster)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2006, 08:51:20 AM »
lol!!

hell no...................... ....(big fat bald white guy on stage attempting a split = disaster)

Ronnie looks good.  8)
just push some weight!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2006, 09:29:16 AM »
Yo, Mike! Great improvement!

Here are some recommendations that usually pay off in the long run .....

A. Be the best that you can be!

B. The first full minute of your initial lineup is the critical minute when the judges' place you in their mind on their rough scoresheets. From then on out it's merely a matter of "changing their mind" and moving you up and down on their worksheets. So ... Make an added effort to show your stuff to it's best potential in that lineup. And don't "exaggerate" your relaxed "pose".

C. Move your "mandatories" slightly so that the judges get a chance to see you from all positions at their table. And get into the pose immediately upon request. Don't waste precious time leading into it. The last guy into the pose is often overlooked or simply ignored for taking too much time.

D. Keep your posing round to a reasonable minimum hitting each pose only once. Leave that stage with the judges wanting more. KISS - "Keep It Simple, Stupid" may be rude but it's great advice. And always play it too the judges. During the Finals you can play it for the fans. (Do your best to avoid making funny and streanuous faces.) A relaxed and confident look has a great affect on the judging staff. And NEVER encourage the audiance to start root'en on your behalf or dance all over the stage. Keep it under that posing light and let the audiance react as they will without your attempt to "orchestrate".

E. Be prepared to accept defeat with a smile on your face and always congratulate those who place above ya, as well as those who place below. This is your opportunity to tell the world that you are one of the "good guys" and the unworldly judges will notice too and remember it the next time you appear before them.

F. Don't complain once it's over and make sure you  realize beforehand that all your family, friends and fans are gonna tell ya that you got screwed. That's what family, friends, and fans are for but they speak from the heart and the heart often makes irrational and emotional errors such as those you will soon be hearing.......... But they don't know a "hill of beans".

G. When is all over, be proud of what you accomplished! What you are doing is tougher than Boot Camp in San Diego or Camp Lejuene. Plan for the next one within a year and never allow your bodyweight to go beyond 10% of your competitive weight until you are ready to take a major step up in the "game".

H. Once you feel that you are ready, only enter contests that are national qualifiers and do your best to represent your state, family, friends, and fans on the national level. And I bet ya that hill of beans that
they'll be saying the same unless you bring home the bacon.

That's it, so I'll simply say CONGRADUALTIONS for a job well done.

The rest is entirely up to you!

Stunt

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2006, 09:58:42 AM »
Yo, Mike! Great improvement!

Here are some recommendations that usually pay off in the long run .....

A. Be the best that you can be!

B. The first full minute of your initial lineup is the critical minute when the judges' place you in their mind on their rough scoresheets. From then on out it's merely a matter of "changing their mind" and moving you up and down on their worksheets. So ... Make an added effort to show your stuff to it's best potential in that lineup. And don't "exaggerate" your relaxed "pose".

C. Move your "mandatories" slightly so that the judges get a chance to see you from all positions at their table. And get into the pose immediately upon request. Don't waste precious time leading into it. The last guy into the pose is often overlooked or simply ignored for taking too much time.

D. Keep your posing round to a reasonable minimum hitting each pose only once. Leave that stage with the judges wanting more. KISS - "Keep It Simple, Stupid" may be rude but it's great advice. And always play it too the judges. During the Finals you can play it for the fans. (Do your best to avoid making funny and streanuous faces.) A relaxed and confident look has a great affect on the judging staff. And NEVER encourage the audiance to start root'en on your behalf or dance all over the stage. Keep it under that posing light and let the audiance react as they will without your attempt to "orchestrate".

E. Be prepared to accept defeat with a smile on your face and always congratulate those who place above ya, as well as those who place below. This is your opportunity to tell the world that you are one of the "good guys" and the unworldly judges will notice too and remember it the next time you appear before them.

F. Don't complain once it's over and make sure you  realize beforehand that all your family, friends and fans are gonna tell ya that you got screwed. That's what family, friends, and fans are for but they speak from the heart and the heart often makes irrational and emotional errors such as those you will soon be hearing.......... But they don't know a "hill of beans".

G. When is all over, be proud of what you accomplished! What you are doing is tougher than Boot Camp in San Diego or Camp Lejuene. Plan for the next one within a year and never allow your bodyweight to go beyond 10% of your competitive weight until you are ready to take a major step up in the "game".

H. Once you feel that you are ready, only enter contests that are national qualifiers and do your best to represent your state, family, friends, and fans on the national level. And I bet ya that hill of beans that
they'll be saying the same unless you bring home the bacon.

That's it, so I'll simply say CONGRADUALTIONS for a job well done.

The rest is entirely up to you!

Stunt

wow....................g reat advice

thank you!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2006, 10:08:56 AM »
Awesome advice Stunt.
:D Weee

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2006, 10:11:09 AM »
littleguns im watching your "Colorado Pro dvd " right now for like the 10th time

'thanx  bro!!

Try not to smile so enthusiastically. It makes you look like a pervert ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2006, 10:22:33 AM »
  Try not to smile so enthusiastically. It makes you look like a pervert ;D

i am a pervert tho!

(man i got a headache from trying to eat 2 cups of egg whites!)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2006, 10:23:41 AM »
i am a pervert tho!

(man i got a headache from trying to eat 2 cups of ehh whites!)

Carry on then, fellow pervert! ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2006, 01:29:41 PM »
No one rides but me! >:(

Throwin up again.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »
Stuntmovie...great advice as I definitely concur.

Always, always smile....beleive it or not this little bit will help, shows charm class etc....heck get some bleach strips to make it that much more effective.

Think about Gunther S...he has that million dollar smile....

When you are posing, make sure you hold it for a few seconds and listen for the judges to say "Relax", chances are you will be hurting, possibly shaking but again.....I hurt for 2 days after just from the mandatories.....

So you have watched my DVD over and over...Branch was on fire....

Did you get to my show yet on the VHS? Figure out who I was?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2006, 01:58:16 PM »
This morning I thought about skipping cardio then I remembered:  Mike 'The Inspiration' Arvilla

thanks man, keep up the good work
Here comes the money shot