Dave Palumbo and Chris Aceto had Derek in first place after prejudging. Aceto did acknowledge that Derek had a film of water at that point ... and if he could just shed that before the night show, Derek would have the show on lockdown
I often think that the changes people see might be the eye/mind playing tricks on you. You watch a posing routine and a commentator says this guy is fading and getting watery within seconds. There can be changes especially in 24 hours but it could be partly imaginary too, maybe? I've been retardedly obsessed with bb and I've thought I wish we had this guy in a studio with the exact same lighting to take pics to see if the changes are objectively real

Sometimes a guy is called "watery" and I'm thinking I wish he had 7-10 days more of prep. Sometimes a guy takes diuretics and he seems
more out of shape. Often a guy has a very clear film of water under the skin plus the skin doesn't sit real taut on the muscle and he's called the most in-shape guy there. Look at how watery Nick looked in some pics, especially the back.
Chris doesn't just rely on the eye, in the last days he's there pinching and pulling the skin

Does this look "dry"? MUSH

Who looks drier or leaner? Looks pretty comparable to me although Nick was perceived to be in better condition.