Author Topic: Pete Hegseth - Athlete  (Read 1075 times)

Irongrip400

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 23532
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2026, 06:28:08 PM »
Gayer than analyzing a guys lift on a bodybuilding board.

BB

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 18627
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2026, 06:41:11 PM »
.

Also, here's the infamous #135 x 44.

Yes, they are shitty short stroked reps (like a lot of IFBB pros ;D), but it still takes a decent effort to do what he did 44 times. High reps to 1 rep is hard to figure after a certain point, but I'm more confident now that he'd be close to #315ish.

Also, they aren't claiming Deadlift and Squat numbers for him, or really any others. This will be a case of a guy good at one lift, like Hankins with his curl or the farmer that walks into the gym and makes a good deadlift.

BB

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 18627
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2026, 06:42:51 PM »
Gayer than analyzing a guys lift on a bodybuilding board.

Still straighter than critiquing Nick Walker in his Olympia thong ;D.

robcguns

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20697
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2026, 06:57:38 PM »
Seriously hegseth looks like shit. 135 for 44 that’s Sally shit. Maybe if he curled it 44 times we could talk

Van_Bilderass

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20086
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2026, 07:46:06 PM »
It's this specific one -

.

I base it on 3 things -

1) That rack and plates are the standard version Rogue supplies to the military -

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-us-mil-spec-bumper-plates?srsltid=AU7gw4UVSQBgjII9RKn7M_xfhhMko0eDQ044ySANDYKDvRMgVfB0oChz.

.

The dimensions look correct.

2) There are a lot of reporters and soldiers walking around for that one. They would have snitched if something was off.

3) It was a tough lift for him. He probably couldn't double it, and his butt came off the bench. It was a grinder for him. also he looks fit there, and he's not a small guy relatively, 6'-6'1" ish, 185-190lbs.

He's too performative for me, and I won't say every bench was good they video, but I think he got #315 there.

That's the one. I can hardly make it out but doesn't the plate say "10"? I saw the same clip paused on a commentary video where you could clearly see the 10 but it could also have been doctored. Do the Rogue 45s have a "10" marking? Strength is serious business to me so it has to be investigated!

Too bad I didn't have a video recorder in the 90s but I swear I did 55 short pumped reps with two plates, then went to one plate to failure followed by a 10kg on each side to failure and then just the bar :D

BB

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 18627
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2026, 08:26:54 PM »
The 10 is the E in Rogue most likely -

.

Here's a video that freeze frames it, but if you have a photo of the Rogue plates, it matches the E well, you can see the U also -

.

.

Video - https://www.instagram.com/reel/DVG8dfBDA-E/ .

They're also way too thick to be 10s, / 5kgs or 25lbs / 10kg, etc..... Crumb rubber bumpers are only about 2" in the 25lb or 10kg sizes.

Also, it's a US Military gym, so it probably won't be a metric sized 10kg marked plate.

Can't be a 2.5 technique bumper, they don't match at all.

Stephano

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1614
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #31 on: Today at 01:28:19 AM »
Even if it is an "E", the plate looks fucking weird because it's smooth where the "45lb" would be, and it has a large and irregular mold mark.  It's probably polyethylene, lol.

Also 44 pathetic short reps with 135lb is literal noob-tier and there are a million high-school kids in the US who can do that.  It sure as shit doesn't translate to a 315lb 1RM.

And just look at him.  That's all the evidence you really need to determine that the lift is fake.  I can't believe some of you fagɡots actually fell for it, hahaha.  (Say what you will about Hankins, but he's literally 100x more muscular than Hegseth -- they hardly even look like the same damn species -- and I don't think that Hankins has ever benched 315?)

ProudVirgin69

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 8240
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #32 on: Today at 05:28:06 AM »
BB makes a pretty good case here.  I’m not completely convinced but it wouldn’t surprise me too much to find out that it was a real lift.  315 for one shaky rep isn’t really some rarefied feat, and some guys just have favorable leverages for certain lifts. 

It would also be completely unsurprising to find out it was faked

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44608
  • Getbig!
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #33 on: Today at 06:10:54 AM »
More like Pete Hegseth - Flaming turned self loathing closeted homosexual.  If those aren't dick-sucking lips, I don't know what are.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;What an emo, He'll be very popular when he goes to prison for war crimes......
F

Humble Narcissist

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 37890
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #34 on: Today at 06:49:17 AM »
LMAOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

You've gotta watch this:  https://files.catbox.moe/xwytkx.webm

Also check out the muscles on this alpha male.  Hahahah

(Seriously, though, he has the physique of a Jeet tech support worker.)
Definitely skips leg day.

Stephano

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1614
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:26:39 AM »
Definitely skips leg day.

And arm day, and delt day, and chest day.

Maybe not obliques day.


funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44608
  • Getbig!
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #36 on: Today at 07:50:02 AM »
And arm day, and delt day, and chest day.

Maybe not obliques day.
  We used to call guys like him twinkletoes , because he looks to be a little light in the loafers.
F

IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44060
  • Vote Republican to Save America!
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #37 on: Today at 07:58:14 AM »
Getbiggers are jealous of Pete Hegseth's power and strength.

Van_Bilderass

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20086
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #38 on: Today at 08:18:19 AM »
The 10 is the E in Rogue most likely -

Thanks for investigating LOL. You're right. Patrisanship shouldn't come into play 8)

If people know something is bullshit but they push it for a narrative they are pieces of shit. I thought I saw a "10." But then I thought that would make it too light so it wasn't quite adding up either.

B_B_C

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 3107
  • change is the lot of all
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #39 on: Today at 08:38:51 AM »
c

Stephano

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1614
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #40 on: Today at 09:30:52 AM »
If people know something is bullshit but they push it for a narrative they are pieces of shit.

It's far from clear that those are real plates.  They still don't look quite right.


BB

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 18627
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #41 on: Today at 09:32:15 AM »
Thanks for investigating LOL. You're right. Patrisanship shouldn't come into play 8)

If people know something is bullshit but they push it for a narrative they are pieces of shit. I thought I saw a "10." But then I thought that would make it too light so it wasn't quite adding up either.

Yes, on something like this, it's perfectly reasonable to admit that a person can be good at one thing while being lack-luster on others. In fact, I think you should even a bit lenient (ie, err on the side of caution) on something like this, that way you know you are trying your best to be intellectually honest when you attack them on other things.

Hegseth won't go down as a great Sec of Def, I find him too happy to be at War. But I will also state that SecDef is one of the hardest and least rewarding jobs in an administration. I recently revisited Henry Stimson -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_L._Stimson .

He's considered one of our best SecDef/SecWar, and looking back you can still question a lot of his actions. It's a very black and white job that you really can't wiggle your way out of once your decisions are made. If you screw up, you either wind up like McNamara, constantly trying to prove you're a decent person, and atoning for your sins. Or a colder, non-reflective guy like Rumsfeld. 

Coach is Back!

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 64024
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #42 on: Today at 09:33:34 AM »
As expected..this thread delivers lol

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44608
  • Getbig!
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #43 on: Today at 10:16:54 AM »
Yes, on something like this, it's perfectly reasonable to admit that a person can be good at one thing while being lack-luster on others. In fact, I think you should even a bit lenient (ie, err on the side of caution) on something like this, that way you know you are trying your best to be intellectually honest when you attack them on other things.

Hegseth won't go down as a great Sec of Def, I find him too happy to be at War. But I will also state that SecDef is one of the hardest and least rewarding jobs in an administration. I recently revisited Henry Stimson -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_L._Stimson .

He's considered one of our best SecDef/SecWar, and looking back you can still question a lot of his actions. It's a very black and white job that you really can't wiggle your way out of once your decisions are made. If you screw up, you either wind up like McNamara, constantly trying to prove you're a decent person, and atoning for your sins. Or a colder, non-reflective guy like Rumsfeld.
    It's sec. of war, I wonder if he's the first one to wear the eye make-up.   then again there once was a guy named j. edgar hoover.
F

ziballz

  • Getbig III
  • ***
  • Posts: 456
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #44 on: Today at 10:44:22 AM »
Hilarious thread...but that yearbook photo is fake :D





Pete likes to be on top ;)


Van_Bilderass

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20086
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Pete Hegseth - Athlete
« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:22:16 PM »
Yes, on something like this, it's perfectly reasonable to admit that a person can be good at one thing while being lack-luster on others. In fact, I think you should even a bit lenient (ie, err on the side of caution) on something like this, that way you know you are trying your best to be intellectually honest when you attack them on other things.

But I will also state that SecDef is one of the hardest and least rewarding jobs in an administration.

Yes and a 315 bench isn't totally out of the question. I know I didn't really have much visible muscle when I did it.

You're right about the requirements and the rewards. Big responsibility, if you mess up you are fucked. And now he's under the threat of impeachment. He's been very loyal to Trump, probably why he was chosen along with the "central casting" factor Trump liked, but we'll see if it'll be reciprocated if the war goes from bad to worse.

Trump already sort of blamed Pete, "he wanted to go in" and in reference to something else he joked "I'll blame Pete."

Hilarious thread...but that yearbook photo is fake :D

Gotta be careful these days! Easy to get made a fool otherwise :D