Author Topic: Lou Ferrigno - Bench Claims  (Read 74875 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Re: Lou Ferrigno bench claims
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2006, 12:27:59 PM »
I read about Arnold's chest/back superset in flex and he whent up to 405 x 6 supersetted with chins.. so it is quite possible that he did bench that much.

Also about calves.. I can do 700 pounds for a couple reps and I am a natural..

Dude, that use to be my training bible..Arnolds ENcyclopedia to bodybuilding..lol.. I use to carry it around in high school and study it during study halls, and make workouts for the afternoon.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2006, 12:51:04 PM »
Dude, that use to be my training bible..Arnolds ENcyclopedia to bodybuilding..lol.. I use to carry it around in high school and study it during study halls, and make workouts for the afternoon.

hahaha yes me too! I used to look it over for hours on end. Finally a really cool friend gave me the encyclopedia just like that! I was blown away. :)
just push some weight!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2006, 01:03:24 PM »
no he aint, he said im story telling, as in im not telling the truth. Im sure you do, you're a super hero.

Lou dwarfs you cuntkabob

Holy shit another queer noob.

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2006, 01:38:21 PM »
Holy shit another queer noob.

oh boy im being judged by my post count...oh noes the internet is serious business. Shut it fagmuffin, put up or shut up

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2006, 02:17:54 PM »
oh boy im being judged by my post count...oh noes the internet is serious business. Shut it fagmuffin, put up or shut up

He's definitely going to back down ;D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2006, 03:46:45 PM »
What does stating facts have to do with "Iron Age hater" Sounds like with the thousands of posts you take so much pride in you have run out of things to say except for trollish comments.

Most of my comments are positive ::)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2006, 03:48:32 PM »
  Most of my comments are positive ::)

Lucius is mr. Positive!
just push some weight!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2006, 03:57:16 PM »
Lucius is mr. Positive!

Yes sir, I am ;D

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2006, 06:27:24 PM »
  Why the quotation marks?

So you can ask and bump the thread back up.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2006, 06:55:26 PM »
So you can ask and bump the thread back up.

I guess it's working ;D

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2006, 05:20:41 AM »
Well, I'm 225, 6'2, train natural and not particulary strong by any measure, but I've repped with 386 a few times. I don't train to bodybuild or powerlift, just to look fit and feel energetic. I'm sure Arnie with all his roids and experience can easily lift 500 or more. Hell, there's a guy in my gym that trains once a month when he feels like it and reps 480 with ease.

386? how did you come up with that odd number? Your not particularly strong but you can do almost 400 pounds for reps? Thats bullshit. A guy in your gym benches 480 for reps with ease but works out once a month? Do you think we are that gullible to believe that nonsense?
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2006, 05:21:37 AM »
Lucius is mr. Positive!

Yes, unless he is making a negative comment.
The House that Ruth built

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2006, 05:30:31 AM »
In the summer of 88 he wanted to get his chest-back up to 60 inches ( i don't know If he ever did) but in the movie "The return of Hulk" same year with Thor..he look's so wide he look's like he was 5'9 tall"

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2006, 05:35:00 AM »
386? how did you come up with that odd number? Your not particularly strong but you can do almost 400 pounds for reps? Thats bullshit. A guy in your gym benches 480 for reps with ease but works out once a month? Do you think we are that gullible to believe that nonsense?
Maybe he ain't an american so they don't use the avoirdupois (cq stupidious) system but the metric one?

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »
ferrigno could bench press 545 pounds

teddybunzee

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
  • I Punish Myself Today To Punish Others Tommorow
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2007, 03:42:13 PM »
Who cares about Lou and his glory days....today he is a discrace to his family name and should be ashamed at what he's done to his family...and his fans ie. like charging a little kid 20 bucks for his signature, which the kid didnt have so he said too bad, that's cold....

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2007, 05:41:58 PM »
Lou was a very strong guy at his peak.  I am not sure I believe 560 lbs, but it is within the realm of possibility in my mind for a touch and go press.

Chris
w

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2007, 06:06:44 PM »
I believe that Lou could have pressed it back in his day.  Someone mentioned that they doubt it because he was a BB not a powerlifter.  Have we forgotten that he was a WSM competitior?  With smaller guys (compared to Lou) like Chris Cormier and Kevin Leverone pushing 495 for reps 2 weeks out from the O, I would say a larger Lou could have at least pushed 560 once.  To bad they didn't have youtube back then.
\

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2012, 10:52:43 AM »
lou was stronger than arnold almost everywhere . . lou even better on the bench . but in fact thats bodybuilding not lifting . arnold never had the big ego for lifting heavy .

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »
lou was stronger than arnold almost everywhere . . lou even better on the bech bur the oak was god on bench presses . got this huge chest from it . in part .

did you really feel need the bump a 5 year old thread with your opinion that no one could give a shit about?

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »
Wasn't there a scene in pumping iron where arnold and franco are training chest at the famous 'cage' at venice beach?
I think franco was doing flat benches and arnold said something funny and franco just laid there laughing with 315 on him for about 5 seconds then banged out like 6 more reps...
Pretty sure arnold was benching too.
And I think lou was doing dumbell curls with 100's as well as presses with 275 for 10

Here is Arnold doing bench, but looks like with smith machine and without much weight.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2012, 11:57:51 AM »
How much is Arnold doing here?  Looks like low to mid-300's.  (6 X 45 and 2 X 35 plus bar)

Wonder if this one of Serge is with fake weights or if he really was pressing 8 plates?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2012, 11:58:11 AM »
O man the haters are out in full force

Arnold could bench 380 at his strongest ::)

lol

I have moderate strength (nothing out of the ordinary) and can toss 325 up for a few. I weigh 211. How is it so hard to believe a guy with pecs that literally rose like bread loafs off his body could not bench 500lbs. The dude was strong and big. Stop the hate. Go to any powerlifting meet and you will see dudes alot smaller than Arnold doing around that weight

Arnold was a powerlifter, early in his career. So, a 500-lb bench press isn't so far-fetched.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »
arnold off season was able to do a 500 bench, pre contest he couldnt and didnt need to. thats when most bodybuilders get injured anyway when they are trying doubles and singles when they are dieting down and carb depleted, its not a smart move at all
R

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2012, 12:40:15 PM »
Arnold was 230 to 240 pounds which makes 500 over double bodyweight, which is elite. LOL @ guys claiming "there are shitloads of smaller guys doing that". The best bencher in the 200 pound class barely raw benches 500 today.

Also lol @ the logic "a guy his size must be able to lift that". Shit if I got a dollar anytime I outlifted someone bigger....

::)