Author Topic: Got called out twice and did'nt place, WTF! Couple new pics  (Read 11661 times)

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
i'm on the right

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
Re: Got called out twice and did'nt place, what the F@*K!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 08:38:47 PM »
another

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 08:40:17 PM »
and another

ps  the guy in the middle took first  ???

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 08:41:03 PM »
still on the right

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 08:42:02 PM »
 :-X

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 08:42:58 PM »
on the left

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »
 >:(

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 08:57:40 PM »
Thanks bro, i'm not trying to cry over spilt milk or anything but even strangers seated around my parents were talking about how i looked like one of the best there.  Also this was a level 1 show and our division consisted of 18 guys! did'nt even really fit on stage! Plus the guys who took first and second in our divisions took also took first and second in the masters division and i heard that the one guy won so much in the states that he had to come to canada and compete here, whatever!  ::)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 09:10:34 PM »
u gotta work on that posing dude....real bad.
follow the arrows

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 09:48:57 PM »
Great shape! Natural? What did you place?

When front latspreading, flair the lats as much as possible. I squeeze traps together, hook the hands to the sides, and focus on bringing all that muscle forward so it shows from the front. Makes you look wider. Also, you can still look great by spreading your back out in a back doublebi. See how it looks compared to it all squeezed together.

jma_tr

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 03:55:19 AM »
i think you were in top three.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 04:22:26 AM »
Dude I think ya look pretty good...definately better than who you were standing next to...but in that side chest pose ,the facial expression,ya look like you are taking a shit...lol. :D

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 06:11:49 AM »

Looks like you should have placed but I had the same problem at my first show, my posing sucked even though I had practiced quite a bit.  Before my second show I enlisted the help of someone who knew posing and it really helped.  That posing is a lot harder to get right than some may think.  Better luck next time...
i

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 06:55:34 AM »
I think your smooth legs is what hurt you.... + the posing...

you look good though and its the experience that you took home is what will propell you to the next level...
Giving 110%

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 08:01:21 AM »
and another

ps  the guy in the middle took first  ???
GTFO!!   >:(
:D Weee

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 08:47:36 AM »
You looked good dude.

Attn Mike Arvilla............see how important it is to learn how to pose.  Had popeye practiced his posing, he might have placed better.
W

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »
You look good man.  Don't let this negate that fact that you prepared for and did a show.  That's a lot more than most bodybuiding enthusiasts will ever do.

Obviously, we can't tell squat from these pics, but as has been mentioned by others, your posing sucks (except for your side chest).  I think this cost you big time.  The guy who took first seems to have a done a good job of hiting his shots, and it looks like his legs were tighter than yours.   
w

MadisonWI

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 05:29:52 PM »
The guy in the middle SHOULD have won.  His conditioning was way better.  Working out is easier and more fun than dieting.  That's why there are so many big dudes and so few washboard abs in your typical gym.

He should have CLEARLY won.

Also, in that first pic with the rear double bi, he obviously hasn't flared his lats out yet.  In the next pic, his lats at least are flared.  You have way more thickness, but he still has the better v-taper in the back shot (minus the double bi pic obviously).  And it is due to his conditioning. 

Nothing about that guy is bigger.  His shape is not genetically better. 

But he dieted harder.

If you would have dieted 4 more weeks, you would have smoked him.  And everyone in the class. 

But you didn't........so you didn't.

MadisonWI

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 05:42:41 PM »
Alright I am going to try to help your posing by critiqing the major flaws I see....

1.  In your front double bi pose - Get your fricken he head up and hold your chest HIGH.  Why are you standing behind the guy that beat you??  Look at the two others and how they are holding their heads high and, more importnantly, their CHESTS!!  Quit looking down at the judges, the girls, or whoever the hell you were looking at in the crowd.  In posing, if your head drops, so will your shoulders and chest.
Remember Arnold in Pumping Iron where he was showing that dude how to pose and he said "A little guy will "hide" like this (as he hunched over), while a bigger guy will go (as he stood tall and "bigger).  BOTH guys in the front double bi shots are posing correctly.  Look at how tall the guy on the left is standing.  And look at how high his chest it.  Dude looks confident and like a statue and he isn't even all that great.  You look like a submissive guy who is ready to take 5th place and be happy with that placing (or go bitch on an internet chat board about why he lost).

2.  Your side chest shot - Again, you are fricken looking DOWN into the crowd and it is pulling your chest and shoulders down.  Find a point against the wall in the back and focus on that.  Look like a statue.  And, last but not least, if you don't stand TALL in that pose, your stomach will stick out like Coleman's.  Don't hunch over.  Don't look down.  Look out and keep your chest HIGH.  Look at the guy who took first.  Look at your waistlines.  Look how TALL he stands in his posing.

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 08:43:34 PM »
The only thing i was looking at while posing was the judges, trying to hit a smile while letting each see the pose.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 11:03:15 PM »
Dude you looked very good I don't see how you did not place.  I guess the guy that took first had you on conditioning, but you look bigger

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 11:08:46 PM »
That show was fixed..

MadisonWI

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 11:14:35 PM »
The only thing i was looking at while posing was the judges, trying to hit a smile while letting each see the pose.

Like I said you were looking at the judges (I figured).  If I were judging and you were looking at me and smiling, I would think it was a tad weird.  Not gay or anything, but just a tad strange.  But, dude, I can tell you, looking down is KILLING your posture up there.

You need to practice in front of a mirror until you "feel" what it feels like to pose correctly.  Then you need to get used to doing it while NOT looking in the mirror.  Some guys are great "mirror posers" but completely fall apart when they can't see themselves.

Anyway, you do have nice muscularity.  Get the diet a tad tighter, get the posing down, and you would be blowing those guys away.  Serious.....

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 01:44:52 AM »
popeye's obviously trollin for internet fags[/b]

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 07:27:14 AM »
Solid physique, bad posing.....