Author Topic: Who is the Liar?  (Read 9854 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Who is the Liar?
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 04:04:03 AM »
oh yeah?  they're selling what looks like a pair of smelly sneakers owned by a homeless guy for $300. at neiman-marcus

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 05:01:01 AM »
Over in america what you buy for maybe 200,000 dollars over here we would have to shell out in mantyy instances over a million for not a particularly good location. think 1.5 million for prime locations.

America is a big place and prices vary widely.  In New York City, D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles, you'd be hard pressed to find a single unit home for under $1 million.    100 square meter condos for close to $500,000.   While in the midwest or the south, $500,000 will get you a mansion.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 06:30:27 AM »
America is a big place and prices vary widely.  In New York City, D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles, you'd be hard pressed to find a single unit home for under $1 million.    100 square meter condos for close to $500,000.   While in the midwest or the south, $500,000 will get you a mansion.

500,000 won't get you a mansion jackass.  Most of you post sound like you have the reasoning of a 12 year old.  You embellish everything.  In any big city property will cost more, shocking I know.  The further out you travel from that city, usually, the cheaper the property is.  What other informative posts will you type today?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »
Why would I put hard earned money into a apartment, which has NO return, NO equity, NO investment?

My money is better served elsewhere, and I'll invest it in a house within the next year...where theres a chance for equity to build and resale value...
i find it hilarious when a "pro athlete" has to save money to buy a house, hahahahahahahaha, that's how pathetic pro bodybuilding is.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 08:05:10 AM »
i find it hilarious when a "pro athlete" has to save money to buy a house, hahahahahahahaha, that's how pathetic pro bodybuilding is.

Chick is funny, he told us all thanks for the memories.... less than five days ago , now he is throwing his two cents in on the threads again... You my freind are in the words of a Kamali Team spotter...a Douuuuccchheebag!!
L

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 08:08:46 AM »

500,000 won't get you a mansion jackass.  Most of you post sound like you have the reasoning of a 12 year old.  You embellish everything.  In any big city property will cost more, shocking I know.  The further out you travel from that city, usually, the cheaper the property is.  What other informative posts will you type today?

I guess it depends upon the part of the country and what you consider to be a "mansion". I live in a fairly small (approx 100k population) city in the deep south. It is not uncommon to be able to buy a very nice, new (or near new) brick home with an in ground pool and over 6000 square feet of living area (not a small house at all) in a nice part of town for under 500k. Of course these types of bargains are generally on pretty small lots. Homes with more serious acreage (even modest homes) will tend to sell for alot more obviously.
Greed is good!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

Come spend some time in SoCal and you'll see what Bob is talking about.  You're talking about an area where the down payments for preferred loans can easily be in the $120,000-150,000 range and higher...for a condo!  I won't presume to know how much Bob makes, but even on a $200,000/year salary, it's going to take time to save up a sufficient down payment out here for a home. 

The only way to get a low-interest loan without 20% down is to be an immigrant with no tax ID or standard credit history.  Then you can get a loan practically below prime.

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 09:31:41 AM »
240, you keep saying that you make more than Chick?  Here's one easy way to test monetary worth, post your address. Then all get big memebrs can plug in your addresses to http://www.zillow.com/.

Also, what do each of you drive?

What was your total household income last year?

240, if you're going to keep calling Chic out, it's time to put up or shut up.

What percentage of your total household income went towards eyeliner?

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2006, 09:34:23 AM »
I guess it depends upon the part of the country and what you consider to be a "mansion". I live in a fairly small (approx 100k population) city in the deep south. It is not uncommon to be able to buy a very nice, new (or near new) brick home with an in ground pool and over 6000 square feet of living area (not a small house at all) in a nice part of town for under 500k. Of course these types of bargains are generally on pretty small lots. Homes with more serious acreage (even modest homes) will tend to sell for alot more obviously.

I think it is admirable you didn't sink to weed's mentality and resort to name calling to get your point across.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 09:46:46 AM »
Why it's important to anyone where I live is a mystery to me.....

For those that DON'T live in SoCal...the "average" apt goes for somewhere in the $1,300-$1,600 range...as Tre said, Houses can go for $500,000+, for a piece of shit depending on where you live.

I live 10 seconds from the water...apartment by the water go for significantly more $1,700-$3,500...thats the price you pay for location.

Back where I come from (upstate NY)...I could be living in a $500,000 MANSION with 5-6,000 sq. ft./ a 4-5 car garage, etc.

Unfortunately, for what I'm looking for and want...I'm content to wait for the right deal and invest my money for a house I want...only a complete fool would dump $3-4,000 a month into a apartment.

Moral of the story:

"DON'T FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMETHING THAT CANT LOVE YOU BACK."

Translation: Material things are just that...material. They can be replaced.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 09:54:42 AM »
Come spend some time in SoCal and you'll see what Bob is talking about.  You're talking about an area where the down payments for preferred loans can easily be in the $120,000-150,000 range and higher...for a condo!  I won't presume to know how much Bob makes, but even on a $200,000/year salary, it's going to take time to save up a sufficient down payment out here for a home. 

The only way to get a low-interest loan without 20% down is to be an immigrant with no tax ID or standard credit history.  Then you can get a loan practically below prime.

It's funny, I live in Sunset Beach and $200,000 wouldn't even be a 10% down payment. Even for a let's say $500,000 home a eprson with a $150,000 income would barly qualify! If you want to live in a decent area out here (So.Cal) you income would have to be at a least 200,000!!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 10:01:34 AM »
It's funny, I live in Sunset Beach and $200,000 wouldn't even be a 10% down payment. Even for a let's say $500,000 home a eprson with a $150,000 income would barly qualify! If you want to live in a decent area out here (So.Cal) you income would have to be at a least 200,000!!

This is all true....but man.....I know people in the loan business & there's so many ways around it.

I've seen people qualify for 500k & 600K homes & am always amazed they got a loan.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 10:09:32 AM »
only a complete fool would dump $3-4,000 a month into a apartment.

Moral of the story:

"DON'T FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMETHING THAT CANT LOVE YOU BACK."

Translation: Material things are just that...material. They can be replaced.

Completely true, spending that kind of money on an apartment is flushing money down the toilet.

And what's the point of driving a $85,000 car when a $35-45,000 car will offer just as much, sans the prestige.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »
This is all true....but man.....I know people in the loan business & there's so many ways around it.

I've seen people qualify for 500k & 600K homes & am always amazed they got a loan.

Easy..they get an interest only loan, pay nothing on the principle. It's like leasing a car, it allows you to live above your means your pocket book would normally allow you to.

There are advantages and disadvantages...depends on a lot of factors like the resale value, how long you intend on living there, etc.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 11:43:57 AM »
Why would I put hard earned money into a apartment, which has NO return, NO equity, NO investment?

My money is better served elsewhere, and I'll invest it in a house within the next year...where theres a chance for equity to build and resale value...

Why would you put money into an appartment?

Hmmm....well, considering how I bought my 2 bedroom condo in downtown Toronto for 220K 5 years ago and just sold it for 370....you might want to re-consider your investment strategy.

And that is in Toronto, I can only imagine what the price increase would have been in California.

however, if you can make a better turnaround by "saving your money elsewhere" more power to you.

Keep paying rent though and leasing your cars, i'm sure that you will continue to make "monster income" as a pro bodybuilder well into your 50's. ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 11:50:07 AM »

Why would you put money into an appartment?

Hmmm....well, considering how I bought my 2 bedroom condo in downtown Toronto for 220K 5 years ago and just sold it for 370....you might want to re-consider your investment strategy.

And that is in Toronto, I can only imagine what the price increase would have been in California.

however, if you can make a better turnaround by "saving your money elsewhere" more power to you.

Keep paying rent though and leasing your cars, i'm sure that you will continue to make "monster income" as a pro bodybuilder well into your 50's. ::)

I take it you don't know the difference between a condo and an apartment?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 11:52:29 AM »
If you have alot of money and do not like to buy cars, what are some benefits of leasing?

Benefits are if you don't mind always having a car payment, and are the type to get a new car every 3 or 4 years.

Going back to the beginning of this thread, not everyone buys as big a house as they can afford, some people are content w/a smaller home.  A persons home size may have nothing to do w/how much $ they make or are worth.

R

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 12:10:11 PM »
500,000 won't get you a mansion jackass.

A friend of mine just bought a huge house which I would call a mansion a couple hours outside of Atlanta.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2006, 12:18:31 PM »
Easy..they get an interest only loan, pay nothing on the principle. It's like leasing a car, it allows you to live above your means your pocket book would normally allow you to.

There are advantages and disadvantages...depends on a lot of factors like the resale value, how long you intend on living there, etc.

Interest-only loans are very popular out here in SoCal.  They're a safe bet in most cases, but a gamble nonetheless.  

When you do one of these, you aren't planning to live in the area forever, and you're banking on the value of the home increasing at a substantial rate.  

The advantages:

Let's assume a loan amount of $640,000.  That'll get you a little 3-bedroom bungalow in Ventura County.  Let's say that you qualify for an interest rate of 7.5% (aggregate on both parts of your loan).  That's $48,000/year in interest, $4000/month.  

Your payments are 100% tax deductible.  So, if you spend $48,000/year on your mortgage, you end up saving about $16,000 in cash (real money) on your taxes.

Even if you only gain 2% in value per year (extremely low for this area, where growth has been 15-25% for several years now), you still come out ahead of the game.  You generally need to keep a place at least 2 years, and then anything beyond that puts you into the serious earning range.  

If you earn a conservative 8% per year, and stay in for 2 years, then your $640,000 home at the time of purchase is now worth $746,000.  So, even after deducting the $96,000 you paid in interest, you're still $10,000 to the good...and the net effect is that you haven't paid a penny in housing costs for 2 years!  Assuming your rent would've been $2500/month anyway, you've just saved yourself $60,000 in 2 years.  Add that to the $16,000 you saved on your taxes, plus the $10,000 cash you have in your pocket and you've just made $86,000 in 2 years, meaning that your home paid *you* $3500/month.  

Tim, check my numbers, but that looks about right. :)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2006, 01:19:13 PM »

It's not too hard to get into a home if your credit score is decent. Right now we have the opportunity to get into a home in our neighborhood (over a million) with zero down and stated only income (don't have to show proof of income) but our payments would be around $6-7,000 per month :'(. On the up side, if we got, equity has increased 15-20% every year for the last 5 years with no signs of slowing down!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2006, 04:22:05 AM »
It's not too hard to get into a home if your credit score is decent. Right now we have the opportunity to get into a home in our neighborhood (over a million) with zero down and stated only income (don't have to show proof of income) but our payments would be around $6-7,000 per month :'(. On the up side, if we got, equity has increased 15-20% every year for the last 5 years with no signs of slowing down!

that is crazy...wow...6-7 grand per month.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2006, 04:22:56 AM »
that is crazy...wow...6-7 grand per month.

That's pretty brutal :-\

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2006, 06:28:43 AM »

Is California really that great of a place to warrant that kind of living?  What is so great that warrants these kind of prices?  The beach, weather? Frankly I don't care for the attitudes of people there or at least LA.
"

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2006, 06:50:56 AM »
Is California really that great of a place to warrant that kind of living?  What is so great that warrants these kind of prices?  The beach, weather? ast LA.

Frankly I can't stand LA, I live to the south of LA in Orange County, since I was born and raised here I personally love it and would never leave. But your right, housing prices are astronomical, just a 90x30 lot on the beach is going for around $2mil, and why it's so expensive for housing is beyond me. You mentioned the beach, weather, etc it's all of the above and people pay for it. Supply and demand!!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2006, 07:35:18 AM »

Getting the loan isn't that hard.  It's paying it back where people screw up. 

That sight's off a bit.  My digs were just appraised for taxxing @ 335,000   The site map says 143,130 I wish,
http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?city=BRISTOL%20&state=RI&zprop=65855654
In fact my quarterly tax bill is due on the 15th. and it's almost 900 bucks, that's for nothing but the space the house takes up.  No wonder people are leaving RI.  And I'm so close to the bay even a girl could piss out my living room window and hit the sea.  I've pulled in a 67 lb bass fishing from My deck.  That keeps me their.  Plus the sunrises.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio