Author Topic: Gary Strydom on Next MD Cover  (Read 18151 times)

Steve Blechman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Gary Strydom on Next MD Cover
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:00:24 AM »
1980s bodybuilding legend, notorious IFBB turncoat, WBF superstar, successful clothing mogul, and now - at 46 years of age - the come back kid; Gary Strydom is the biggest thing to hit the IFBB in a very long time.

Can you imagine?  This guy's coming back to open competition (not Masters) after a 10-year hiatus.  Like almost everything else Gary does, this is unprecedented.  You just can't help but admire this guy; he trains late into the night because he spends his day running a very successful international clothing company, and now he's getting ready to compete!  How many other pro bodybuilders do that - work a full time job, bodybuild and compete?  And at 46?  He stands alone.  Considering that, and then looking at his 275 shredded pounds packed on his 6' frame with a 30-inch waist, Gary's more than just an incredible looking bodybuilder, he's an inspiration.  He's the best thing to come along the IFBB in a long time.  With so much attention being paid to people in our industry involved in negative things, the admirable example Gary sets is a shot in the arm this sport sorely needs.

Competitively speaking, the big question is, after 10 years of evolving IFBB standards, will Gary's competition on stage in Colorado be against the other pros or against himself?  The IFBB is home to the best bodybuilders in the world and they define the movement today much as Gary did over a decade ago.  From the front he was always impressive and his condition was always extreme, but his Achilles heel was always his back.  You can't win a bodybuilding show today without a great back and striated glutes.

You have to be great from head to toe - not only the back and glutes, but from the front you need massive quads and tremendous outer sweeps in the thighs, wide lats and everything else.  I believe Gary will be judged fairly.  I certainly don't think there will be any intentional reaming or some act of reprisal for his defection.  I just think that for Gary, the competition is with himself.  And he'll tell you straight up - he's going in prepared to win and just as prepared to lose.  The thing he's got going for him that few if any other pro bodybuilders do, is that Gary Strydom has nothing to lose.  He's doing it for himself, so where he places doesn't matter.  Gary was, is and always will be a great bodybuilder and that's why he's on the cover.

Best of luck this weekend Gary!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Gary Strydom on Next MD Cover
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 08:11:56 AM »
what about Dex??? Doesnt the Blade get a cover for winning the Arnold????

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 08:13:43 AM »
Good luck at the "Shawn Ray Colorado Pro Am Classic" this Saturday Gary! ;D
Nice cover Steve! ;)
S. Ray

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 08:14:15 AM »
No Rockel either.

This would definitely point toward Strydom doing the PDI Shuffle come September, no?  

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 08:17:24 AM »
BS on the 275 pound and 30 inch waist

I would say 260-265 and 32 inch waist

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 08:18:30 AM »
That's great, and Gary looks outstanding........but why must you insult our intelligence with "a 30 inch waist" ?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 08:20:49 AM »
Steve I have to admit, MD is the only magazine I will pay to read but in all honesty how can you boast 436 pages "Largest in the World" when 1/2 to 3/4 are nothing but ads or sometimes recycled articles.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 08:21:01 AM »
So Strydom has a 30-inch waist?  ANd this is what Melvin looks like at 28-30?
Hmmmmmmmm

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 08:39:49 AM »
If Gary has a 30 in waist then Lee has no tatoo on his face
L

Stavios

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 08:41:15 AM »
It think it is cool that team MD didn't photoshop their cover for once

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 08:53:58 AM »
That's great, and Gary looks outstanding........but why must you insult our intelligence with "a 30 inch waist" ?

He's talking about when he sucks it in.  ;)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 10:23:39 AM »

I think its a slap in the face to Dexter...he wins an ASC but Strydom gets the cover? Gary should get a cover maybe a month...oh, sorry MD is 3 months behind current times...let me re-phrase...I can see Strydom getting a cover for the issue covering the Colorado Pro which would be the October issue probably...

Let me predict what will be in the newest issue...

1) Recycled cartoons.
 2) More pics from around the ASC on pg 69.
 3) 100 pages of  utter lies/bogus articles and pure bullshit from Muscletech.
 4) The Blade answering questions on dieting/ab work and cardio telling us how he alwasy used MetRx.
 5) Gustavo proclaiming his greatness.
 6) Dave Henry...ANOTHER pro who never has to diet/perform cardio giving us advice on diet and cardio...
 7) Chris Cormier making excuses telling us about baby mama drama...
 8) Hany"Mountain of Ebony muscle I never heard of Long Island Ice teas" Rambod proclaiming the purpose he serves in this industry...
 9) Gregg Valentino telling us jokes we all heard before and babbling about things like...'ghetto whore pig bitch my capital one visa card I hope she isnt reading this...I love you baby Im just joking I'll give you my visa card my dick markus...woof its getting hot in here let me go jerkoff...okay Im back I took a shit blast...woof i got bit by a spider my goth princess goddess...woof did I just say that? woof...Im joking...okay maybe not..."
10) More MuscleTech bullshit.
?

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 10:33:33 AM »
So Strydom has a 30-inch waist?  ANd this is what Melvin looks like at 28-30?
Hmmmmmmmm

240:  "Everyone wants to listen to ME!  I've  always got to put my two cents in.  Yeah!  I'm glad I never workout, and people make fun of my physique, b/c I am able to use that hate and project it towards people that don't have my shitty work ethic.  I hate everyone."

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 10:37:47 AM »
MD is a waste, Why always with the Priest Confession bullshit??

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 10:45:20 AM »
i love MD
GREAT COVER (with STRYDOM)
great to hear he's back!

keep up the great work.................... ....

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 10:54:26 AM »
MD is a waste, Why always with the Priest Confession bullshit??

all magazines are a waiste

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 10:55:46 AM »
all magazines are a waiste

"waiste", huh? 

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 10:58:55 AM »
 ::) we cant all be fat ass english majors tell me do you also drive a beatle

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 11:02:20 AM »
::) we cant all be fat ass english majors tell me do you also drive a beatle

Sounds like you're a pretty angry loser.    Sorry your life turned out this way. Try working harder and maybe things will change.   Good luck.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 11:04:22 AM »
the highlight of your life was getting to meet jay cutler and posting your fat ass picture on get big your the loser

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 11:06:14 AM »

240:  "Everyone wants to listen to ME!  I've  always got to put my two cents in.  Yeah!  I'm glad I never workout, and people make fun of my physique, b/c I am able to use that hate and project it towards people that don't have my shitty work ethic.  I hate everyone."
yeah! your the one to speak abut 240's physique eyeliner fatboy  :-*

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 11:08:21 AM »
the highlight of your life was getting to meet jay cutler and posting your fat ass picture on get big your the loser

Apparently, the highlight of your life is wanting that guy to be me, so much so that you use him in your arguments everytime you insult me.  Do you think about that guy a lot?  Do you think about a lot of getbigger's a lot?  How many people do you PM?  

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 11:11:37 AM »
yeah! your the one to speak abut 240's physique eyeliner fatboy  :-*

Maxx, word on the street is that you're pathetic.   Your posts would seem to confirm this.

"I talked a bit to this guy at a show here in Sweden. He was really nice and said that he hadnt trained his legs for the past year   to get his upperbody up to par. He looks amazing especially for his age but hes really short so i think just like Lee he looks really good standing by him self but next to a taller guy its another story."  hahahaahahahhahahahahaha hhaha

How long did you wait until you asked him if you could buy his workout shorts?? ahahahahahahahahahhaha

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 11:11:58 AM »
what about Dex??? Doesnt the Blade get a cover for winning the Arnold????

It is boring to see the same old guys on the cover of MD.  And only MD guys are getting the covers these days.

MD is not near as good as it used to be.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 11:16:43 AM »

Maxx, word on the street is that you're pathetic.   Your posts would seem to confirm this.

"I talked a bit to this guy at a show here in Sweden. He was really nice and said that he hadnt trained his legs for the past year   to get his upperbody up to par. He looks amazing especially for his age but hes really short so i think just like Lee he looks really good standing by him self but next to a taller guy its another story."  hahahaahahahhahahahahaha hhaha

How long did you wait until you asked him if you could buy his workout shorts?? ahahahahahahahahahhaha
ohh nice investigating sherlock  ::) hahaha