Author Topic: Federov's Future?  (Read 4247 times)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Federov's Future?
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:04:43 AM »
I've seen a bunch of guys on here claiming that Alex Federov's back/recovered from the pec injury and going to do damage. I don't know.

He's a big guy, but he's got almost no pecs (for a pro). He's really been hurt by the pec tear. the only guy I've ever seen (in the pros) that had good enough surgery to make it pretty much unnoticeable is Levrone. Federov should have gone to his doctor.

Look at how small his pecs look here:

Too bad because he looked amazing when he competed in that Russia National championship.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: Federov's Future?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 08:06:12 AM »
Federov has as much a future in Bodybuilding as Andreas Munzer and Don Youngblood do today
L

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 08:11:16 AM »
Federov has as much a future in Bodybuilding as Andreas Munzer and Don Youngblood do today

I wouldn't go that far. All I was saying is that before the pec injury he had the potential to be Mr. O (but of course might never have become that) and was a likely top pro. Now, it looks to me like his ceiling is a good pro but never a Mr. O.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 08:21:18 AM »
I wouldn't go that far. All I was saying is that before the pec injury he had the potential to be Mr. O (but of course might never have become that) and was a likely top pro. Now, it looks to me like his ceiling is a good pro but never a Mr. O.

that's true of most pros. Nothing wrong with doing the best you can and having fun with it. Not everyone needs to be Ronnie Coleman or Lee Haney

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 08:24:21 AM »
that's true of most pros. Nothing wrong with doing the best you can and having fun with it. Not everyone needs to be Ronnie Coleman or Lee Haney

Then why make your body a steroid repository if your not going to be the Best of the Best??
I guess people have fun when they spiral towards kidney failure and heart disease...
L

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 02:25:33 PM »

lol

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 02:33:08 PM »
Kevin didn't have a bad tear like alex had..  Trust me on this, anybody with a full pec tear will never see a sandow.. 

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 02:39:16 PM »
Kevin didn't have a bad tear like alex had..  Trust me on this, anybody with a full pec tear will never see a sandow.. 

That's sad. :'(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 02:41:07 PM »
Vic M had a pec tear.  It didn't com completely off though, and he went thru a variety of medical treatments immediately to minimize the impact.

And he could still win an O, if he'll get the oil out of his biceps and get in shape!

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 02:53:14 PM »
Vic M had a pec tear.  It didn't com completely off though, and he went thru a variety of medical treatments immediately to minimize the impact.

And he could still win an O, if he'll get the oil out of his biceps and get in shape!

That wasn't a pec tear..  If the tendon doesn't come off the bone or the muscle doesn't rip from the tendon, it's just a minor set back..  When you have a full pec tear, your whole side of your body will be black and blue.. 5 times out of 10 you can't even have surgery if any muscle has torn..  You can't rehook a tendon that has torn muscle. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 02:57:23 PM »

That wasn't a pec tear..  If the tendon doesn't come off the bone or the muscle doesn't rip from the tendon, it's just a minor set back..  When you have a full pec tear, your whole side of your body will be black and blue.. 5 times out of 10 you can't even have surgery if any muscle has torn..  You can't rehook a tendon that has torn muscle. 

ahh okay.  He wrote about it in MD this month.  I wasn't sure how serious it was, but the treatment he underwent wsa pretty intense.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06:42 PM »

That's not true (according to the articles in M&F/Flex back then). He claimed it was a complete tear and that his doctor performed a new procedure that no one had ever done before and practiced first on a cadaver to see if it could even be done. There was a pic of him with his doctor in the article and I think it was after he'd won the Arnold or NOC.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 03:14:17 PM »
That's not true (according to the articles in M&F/Flex back then). He claimed it was a complete tear and that his doctor performed a new procedure that no one had ever done before and practiced first on a cadaver to see if it could even be done. There was a pic of him with his doctor in the article and I think it was after he'd won the Arnold or NOC.

True, this doctor was good..  He went in through the armpit and put a hanger on his bone where the tendon tore from, then reattached it.  This is how most doctors do it now..  But, he didn't have any torn muscle, so this could be done with 100% recovery..

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 05:56:27 PM »

That's a fucked up thing to say ;D

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 07:17:14 PM »
ahh okay.  He wrote about it in MD this month.  I wasn't sure how serious it was, but the treatment he underwent wsa pretty intense.

Rob - you need to scan that picture of Vic at the begining of the Vindication article, the first one pic where he's just standing there. WIIIIIIIDE. Looked ridiculously swole.

And yeah, it was just a minor thing. He went through so much medical stuff becuase he didnt want to take any chances. he said that if he had completed that last rep he would have torn it straight off the bone. Crazy how a future Mr. Olympia could lose everything with one motion . . .

micky55024

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 07:50:06 PM »
Then why make your body a steroid repository if your not going to be the Best of the Best??
I guess people have fun when they spiral towards kidney failure and heart disease...

Many people on these boards juice with no intention of even competing let alone becoming an IFBB(maybe PDI) pro.  It ain't that unusual.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 07:57:46 PM »
Many people on these boards juice with no intention of even competing let alone becoming an IFBB(maybe PDI) pro.  It ain't that unusual.

Well I think people need to be on that natty tip, but I bet dedicated nattys look better than half the people who juice.
L

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 04:31:05 AM »
Rob - you need to scan that picture of Vic at the begining of the Vindication article, the first one pic where he's just standing there. WIIIIIIIDE. Looked ridiculously swole.

And yeah, it was just a minor thing. He went through so much medical stuff becuase he didnt want to take any chances. he said that if he had completed that last rep he would have torn it straight off the bone. Crazy how a future Mr. Olympia could lose everything with one motion . . .

He was so smart not to try and be Animal and finish the set :-\

micky55024

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 04:57:25 PM »
Well I think people need to be on that natty tip, but I bet dedicated nattys look better than half the people who juice.

Agreed

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 05:05:29 PM »
Agreed
third the motion, motion carried

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 08:35:38 PM »

Well put - these are the people that train hard as hell because no pill is going to hand them the muscle.  Agreed.
Motherboy (the band).

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 09:22:06 PM »
Well put - these are the people that train hard as hell because no pill is going to hand them the muscle.  Agreed.

Does using synthol make you not natural?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 09:23:24 PM »
Alex Federov is overrated.  :-*

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 09:26:15 PM »
Not bad for natural..