Author Topic: Sergio Olivia still big!  (Read 106518 times)

CS

• Getbig II
Re: Sergio Olivia still big!
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2006, 01:12:28 PM »
In the photos posted by Alexxx you can clearly see that Sergio's quads and calves are bigger and better, his delts are clearly larger, better shape and definition. Arnold's delts sloped down. Overall he has more muscle maturity than Arnold and was years ahead. The only advantage Arnold had was standing in the middle of the stage and being taller. He had a better stage presence. Listen, I think Arnold was ahead of his time for his age, size and year he was competing in but he wasn't in Sergio's league. He was so close behind Joe Weider he had sh*t stains on his nose.
Lets forget Sergio is black and has a thick Cuban accent and make everything equal for Sergio and Arnold. I know, Arnold had an accent to but he took speech classes and continued his education. Sergio didn't. Arnold was driving a Rolls not long after arriving here.
Put them in shows all the way up to 1980, have fair and square judging and Sergio would have kicked the crap out of Arnold and everyone else and would have held the Olympia title longer than all of them combined. As I said earlier, bodybuilding history would have told another story.

Alexxx, Sergio wouldn't sit down and tell you the weight he used for any given exercise so personally I think that whole article is bogus, just like the ones in Muscle and Fitless.
 He doesn't know what weight he's going to use from workout to workout. Things change quickly. If he did tell them his actual workout, and I know he wouldn't, he might have told them something he did in the past. Pro Bodybuilders usually don't give out their routines.
As I said before, they pay him and write a story using his photos and name. That's it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2006, 01:21:28 PM »
 :o

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2006, 01:33:02 PM »
The House that Ruth built

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2006, 01:41:04 PM »
Sergio's movie.  I saw it in Venezuela many years ago.  It was pretty good and Sergio looked massive in this movie.  I had never heard of Sergio until I saw this movie and yes, my jaw dropped when I first saw him.

"This was one of the few Mexi-movies Mil Mascaras made without the usual plethora of gaudily-costumed wrestling heroes that usually followed him around from film to film. In this one, Mil tries to convince a massive dockworker to become a wrestler with him in the ring, while simultaneously trying to keep the big guy safe from a gang of murderous thugs who are out to kill him. Sergio Oliva plays the "Black Power" in this film, and your jaw will drop when you see the massive physique on this giant. (Why anyone would mess with this guy is beyond me!) "
http://www.santoandfriends.com/MEXICINE/BlackPower.htm

He also did a western in Mexico called Los Temibles.  That one was not any good, but worth watching just to see Sergio in it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284553/

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »
Sergio's movie.  I saw it in Venezuela many years ago.  It was pretty good and Sergio looked massive in this movie.  I had never heard of Sergio until I saw this movie and yes, my jaw dropped when I first saw him.

"This was one of the few Mexi-movies Mil Mascaras made without the usual plethora of gaudily-costumed wrestling heroes that usually followed him around from film to film. In this one, Mil tries to convince a massive dockworker to become a wrestler with him in the ring, while simultaneously trying to keep the big guy safe from a gang of murderous thugs who are out to kill him. Sergio Oliva plays the "Black Power" in this film, and your jaw will drop when you see the massive physique on this giant. (Why anyone would mess with this guy is beyond me!) "

http://www.santoandfriends.com/MEXICINE/BlackPower.htm

Was it better than Hercules in New York? ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2006, 01:46:20 PM »
  Was it better than Hercules in New York? ;D

Anything is better than Hercules in New York.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2006, 02:50:25 AM »
Freaky Sergio.

and keep moving!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2006, 03:01:09 AM »
he looks phenominal.... crazy legs
P

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2006, 04:37:44 AM »
And to remember that legs were not a prioritized musclegroup around this time. Sergio owns everybodu once again. I would like to have seen him come in a few pounds harder, Arnold came ripped and had Wieders cock up his ass which was enough to pull over the win and start the very popular gay4pay trend that bodybuilders of today have mastered along with legtraining.
MIRAGETROPIN

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2006, 08:00:30 AM »
Arnold came ripped and had Wieders cock up his ass which was enough to pull over the win and start the very popular gay4pay trend that bodybuilders of today have mastered along with legtraining.
gay4pay..WTF R U babbling about, unless you were involved?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2006, 11:52:55 AM »
I highly doubt Arnold ever did any gay for pay!
just push some weight!

CS

• Getbig II
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2006, 05:04:17 PM »
Arnold came ripped and had Wieders cock up his ass which was enough to pull over the win and start the very popular gay4pay trend that bodybuilders of today have mastered along with legtraining.

Where do you come up with this crazy bullshit?

You guys sure have come up with some great photos of Sergio. I'd still love to see El Poder Negro.

SwingGuru

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2006, 08:48:45 PM »
That Arnold rumour has been going around for years.... where have you been not to have heard it?  Whether there is any truth to it is something only Arnold and his benefactors (lol) would know.  Bodybuilding and gay have been and forever will be joined at the hip.  That is just the way it is.  At least for pro bodybuilding.

CS

• Getbig II
« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2006, 03:47:22 PM »
A friend of mine ran into Sergio at the Post Office last week and he said he couldn't have weighed more than 150 lbs.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2006, 03:49:08 PM »
A friend of mine ran into Sergio at the Post Office last week and he said he couldn't have weighed more than 150 lbs.

No way! maybe he finally decided to just stay fit by doing cardio and no weights.
just push some weight!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2006, 08:52:57 PM »

When i met him at the olympia he was at least 220lbs.   Had a big yellow button up shirt on with big white pockets on it.     It was the kind you dont tuck in, and he looked like a big old dude.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2006, 08:48:54 AM »
sergio could have both legs amputated and still weigh more then 150lbs
R

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2006, 11:40:40 AM »
Will not let this great thread die!!

Is that samir in the background?
just push some weight!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2006, 12:16:29 PM »

Sergio was a genetic freak beyond his time...he doesnt look anything like he did. I see him from time to time at local shows/expos here in Chicago. His gait is a little unsteady...he is a liiiitle bit unalert but he is funny because when heis out in public he dresses like an old pimp.

At the Illinois State Show last May...he wore a gleaming white suit with red shirt, black tie...mirror like black Stacey Adams shoes...and enough rings, chains and bling bling to make Mr. T look naked.
?

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2006, 12:24:18 PM »
Still hits the greatest back double bi that ever lived.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2006, 12:38:36 PM »
Sergio was a genetic freak beyond his time...he doesnt look anything like he did. I see him from time to time at local shows/expos here in Chicago. His gait is a little unsteady...he is a liiiitle bit unalert but he is funny because when heis out in public he dresses like an old pimp.

At the Illinois State Show last May...he wore a gleaming white suit with red shirt, black tie...mirror like black Stacey Adams shoes...and enough rings, chains and bling bling to make Mr. T look naked.

Stacy Adams are shit shoes.  Ghetto as hell and cheaply made.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2006, 12:41:17 PM »
Stacy Adams are shit shoes.  Ghetto as hell and cheaply made.
I buy s tacey adams shoes if Im using them for one night only hahah made in italy right ?? hahah
L

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2006, 12:55:35 PM »

Is that samir in the background?

Nope that is freddie mercury from (Queen)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
I buy s tacey adams shoes if Im using them for one night only hahah made in italy right ?? hahah

hahah Hell no!

They are junk...I sell upscale shoes on EBAY at a good volume.  Prada,Gucci,Santoni,Bally,Salvatore Ferragamo,Bruno Magli

Those are real shoes....Stacy Adams is generic junk.hahhah Thats what wannabes wear.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
hahah Hell no!

They are junk...I sell upscale shoes on EBAY at a good volume.  Prada,Gucci,Santoni,Bally,Salvatore Ferragamo,Bruno Magli

Those are real shoes....Stacy Adams is generic junk.hahhah Thats what wannabes wear.

What's your username on Ebay, TA?